MOST EXPENSIVE BULB EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the new bike Dale. After reading the new Motorcyclist, I was lusting after one myself. Problem is the bike doesn't fit me. It's definitely a bike for a guy with long arms.
To be brutally honest, it doesn't fit me very well either. ASSuming my right knee eventually adapts to the extreme footpeg height (a gnarley football injury in the early 80's is the culprit here), there is still that long, long, looooooong reach to the bars. No question, there needs to be a set of Heli-Bars in my future.

I wonder how much weight you'll save by swapping out that Euro III compliant exhaust with something lighter.
It's a staggering weight savings, dumping the factory bazooka canisters. Akrapovic has calculated a eye-popping 35-pound weight savings, using their new 4-2-2 Hayabusa system they are releasing to market at the end of this month.

I am a player for that system, but.... I dread seeing the price tag for it. :(

Lessee, two titanium canisters, carbon-fiber endcaps, titanium headers... shyeah, should be readily affordable. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the fuckin' ugliest thing on two wheels currently in production today.
Not so... that distinction belongs to a different Suzuki. Seen photos of the new B-King? My Heavy Bus is a goddess compare to this abomination:

5883-new-suzuki-b-king-k7-suzukibking-actual.jpg
Nice purchase, WC! What's going to be your selection criteria when you step into your stable? How you gonna choose what to ride?

The B-king is so damn ugly that I want one. What's wrong with me?? :dribble:

Can I just say that I hate you :rolleyes: I friggin HATE you! I'm so jealous.
You can hate the Game, gentlemen, just don't hate the Player! :lol:

That's the fuckin' ugliest thing on two wheels currently in production today.
Not so... that distinction belongs to a different Suzuki. Seen photos of the new B-King? My Heavy Bus is a goddess compare to this abomination:

5883-new-suzuki-b-king-k7-suzukibking-actual.jpg
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! :rolleyes: If you bought one of these....you wouldn't beholdin' much! :rolleyes: :unsure: :blink:
Like Ducati said........beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I really like the looks of this nakid street fighter. Me thinks it's primary purpose is to compete with the Super Duke. With that Busa motor it's got to be wicked. Wish I had the $ to throw practicality out the window........if I did I no doubt would have either one of these or the Super Duke sharing the stable..........hmmmm I wonder if it will wheelie :ph34r:

What's going to be your selection criteria when you step into your stable? How you gonna choose what to ride?
It's not as complicated as I thought it would be, given that the XX and Busa are fairly much the same category (sorta).

If the date is between November-March, or I have to carry a fair amount of stuff on a long trip, the FJR will always get the nod.

If it's relatively decent temp-wise, and I don't have to carry a ton of stuff, the XX gets the nod for trips over 200-ish miles. And all LD rally work, obviously.

The above two bikes are somewhat utilitarian in nature; I expect them to be work horses. The Busa is the play bike.... it's the "Pretty Boy" that I would like to stay reasonably nice condition. It's for rampaging shorter distances in the steppes of southeastern Washington, primarily. There is pretty much zero rider weather protection, so it's a sub-optimal machine in cold or inclement weather. To say the least. :blink:

.... it's the "Pretty Boy" that I would like to stay reasonably nice condition.
In other words.... it's gay. :grin:
Now, we've been over this before..... :nono:

A purpose-built touring machine and LD platform that stays clean and pristine ==> gay.

A track bike, sportbike or show-bike that is clean and pristine ==> happy, but not gay.

That having been said... some of the custom paint jobs in the Busa world are well, well past any defined sexual orientation:

DSCN3510.jpg

smoke_lg.jpg

busa3.jpg

091906_top.jpg

Different strokes.....
shrug.gif

Now those are some sad pics you've posted Warchild. You can almost hear the bikes scratching out "Kill me..... please just kill me......" in a weak frail voice. Poor things probably never stood a chance to actually be ridden.... :(

Now those are some sad pics you've posted Warchild. You can almost hear the bikes scratching out "Kill me..... please just kill me......" in a weak frail voice. Poor things probably never stood a chance to actually be ridden.... :(
Yes, they are indeed very sad. :(

I admit, I always cringe when I see a Busa all slammed/stretched/what-have-you, with a massive rear tire, etc, because the pure rider in me wants me to take the owner and stab them in the neck with a pencil for ruining a perfectly good riding machine.

But then.....

The tech side of me can really, REALLY appreciate the obvious hard work and attention to detail these show bikes receive. Some of the paint jobs, while gaudy and extreme, are exquisite works of art. As are *some* of the engineering aspects on *some* of these show bikes.

Not everyone wants to ride a Busa as intended, and I'm trying to be more tolerate of those who are into these types of mods. They are interesting to look at, no question whatsoever. I'm sure they handle like slugs, but that's okay, they aren't meant to be serious road machines as far as I can tell. They are meant to look at and admire.

Here is one brutally farkled 2008 Busa that has a LOT of interesting engineering to it... check out this single-sided swingarm:

08StretchedBusa1.jpg

Pretty trick paint job..... though the bar end weights looks like an OSHA safety hazard.... :lol:

08StretchedBusa2.jpg

Now, here is the interesting engineering.... take a close, CLOSE look at the drive train arrangement here.... very, um, different....

08StretchedBusa3.jpg

Looks like a fairly sophisticated, complex arrangement of sprockets, opposing gears, etc

DriveTrainWTF.jpg

I can appreciate alot of the show bikes. I think alot of them look cool. But look at that bike Warchild just posted. Everything about looks good except the lengthened swingarm. If I step back and look at the whole bike the rear wheel looks like an appendage sticking out there. If it was moved in 4-6 inches the overall look of the bike would be more pleasing in my eyes. I do have to give them credit for the trick chain final drive. I wonder if it had to be that complicated or they just wanted to do it that way. Looks like 2 -3 chain saws linked together.

The solution to a problem that was never presented. . . .

Just what you need is MORE wear on the center of the rear tire, isn't it?

Edit: keeps you from riding on a flat!!

Now, here is the interesting engineering.... take a close, CLOSE look at the drive train arrangement here.... very, um, different....
08StretchedBusa3.jpg

Looks like a fairly sophisticated, complex arrangement of sprockets, opposing gears, etc

DriveTrainWTF.jpg

It looks like the swing arm could "Fold" in the middle to shorten it to get to where your going and lengthen it back out for drag racing. Interesting and an amazing piece of engineering but not one I'd be interested in owning.

I had a bicycle light that used to generate power for the bulb on the same principle.... had a rotating rubber wheel that would rub up against the tire... not sure that's what I would use to make the bike go though... and as for tire life... guess it'd be good for 1 burnout, maybe...

What tha'... Why....Who.... Oh, Hell, never mind.

(BTW, first one looks like a bass boat-sparkly.)

That bike has a drivetrain called friction drive. Not at all practical, and wears the shit out of the tire. A lot of show bikes with fat-ass rear tires have them to eliminate the chain clearance and provide a free look at a gaudy but expensive rim.

-BD

how do you tell the front end from the rear end? They almost look the same!!

I know which end of the ZX14 is. The front end looks like the alien scientist from "Lilo and Stitch", and the back end make me vommit when I look at it. Oh wait, I vommit when I look at the Foreman Grills on the sides, too. :blink: