Mother of All Mexico Dirt Bike Rides - March in 2015!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shuck sorry to see this damage. Perhaps we will see that Victory in March? (sorry I could not help myself)

I looked up North in Calabogie on Google and found there is a ski hill nearby with a whopping vertical drop of 750 ft. I should not have looked at the trial map. As an ex-skier whose helicoptered skied for a week in BC back in '86 and '87, I damn near died of laughter. Those dual sport trails better be more difficult than that ski hill otherwise nobody is gonna be crying like a little girl.
smile.png

The only reason I don't ski anymore is I am 1/2 as fat as Beemedon's and twice as ugly. Actually the cost of skiing, my ability (extra physical baggage will do that) compared to back in the day, the rat race to get on the slopes and the crowds put a chill on my desire to ski anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE NOTE: Papa Chuy Viejo has made a Command Decision to ride his GS the 1,250 miles from Chandler, AZ to McAllen, TX and back; leaving 3/7/15.

So mis Amigos, if you need space for yourself and tus Motocicleta on the AZ Beemers Rig/Trailer; you need to check with Brian "El Jefe" Boles, muy pronto!

Bout time you rode that thing..
CHRIS_D: I sent this email to Jim Fontanaman just 5 minutes ago:

"When I went on the Pancho Villa Tours (now MotoDiscovery) ride to San Miguel de Allende New Year's Celebration in January of 2006, I really fell in love with the Rio Grande Valley!

Marta, Alpine, Marathon, Sanderson and Dryden: All cool little West Texas Towns. Coming or going, I want to do The Big Bend National Park Loop: Study Butte; via Texas State Highways 118 and 385, ese!"

I made a command decision to leave the snow tires on the tow vehicle since there will still be snow when I drive through Buffalo.

Now if only the parts would get off freaken back order
cry.gif
I may be able to get this big mess back together.

10850136_916655538377285_5002399653054670226_n.jpg

My current plan is also to ride to McAllen, TX. OK it's a little shorter ride than Papa Chuy at 1157 MI..........

AZ Beemers MOA Club #89 Member Don Carver has his BMW all ready for riding to Real de Catorce y Huasteca/Potosina, es Verdad! BB, are you ready ese!

Lordy will ya look at that side stand. That is one way to keep and old Beemer from falling over.

I think for this trip I will fly from Seattle to McAllen Texas to save precious vacation time. Where is the AZ Beemer group staying the night before the ride. I would like to make a reservation there.

Lordy will ya look at that side stand. That is one way to keep and old Beemer from falling over.
I think for this trip I will fly from Seattle to McAllen Texas to save precious vacation time. Where is the AZ Beemer group staying the night before the ride. I would like to make a reservation there.
Yo Fontanaman, have you been smoking those funny looking cigarettes with Niehart again? We spend Monday night March 9 at the McAllen Hotel that MotoDiscovery booked! jes' sayin' and nuff said, la Mota ese!

• Day 1: McAllen, Texas - Monday, March 9
  • Day 2: Santiago
  • Day 3: Galeana
  • Day 4: Real de Catorce
  • Day 5: Real de Catorce
  • Day 6: Cielo Biosphere
  • Day 7: Huasteca
  • Day 8: Huasteca
  • Day 9: Hacienda Santa Engracia
  • Day 10: McAllen, TX - Wednesday, March 18

I can be legally stoned (except my employer, the big kite maker in Seattle, abides by Federal Law so I can't and don't) and let Don take care of business. Thanks Don!

+1 and if you're in northern livin so in so like me you should be really motivated to get on board with this ride. Where the hell else you gonna ride at the end of winter? Or look at it this way its a great start to the riding season.

Received an e-mail from MotoDiscovery yesterday with a bunch of info. I need to make some arrangements as to moto insurance while in Mexico and start planning out a route to get me down to McAllen TX with a stop at the Barber Museum along the way.

Today is my one year anniversary for rotator cuff surgery and I've had enough of this BS. They don't call me Keener for nothing. So today in early prep for the trip, I changed my oil, lubed my chained, ordered a new battery (the other was 4 years old). Tires look good. Will change my brake and clutch fluid, check my coolant and maybe tighten my head bearing (the one above my shoulders).

I've ridden little in the past year year off road. Did Florence Kelvin highway last weekend and will do Seven Springs tomorrow. Maybe next weekend - Castle Hot Springs.

Really starting to chomp at the bit. Of course, I've forgotten all my beginning Spanish except for " un otra cerveza, por favor y un otra por mi amigo! tambien!"

Life is good
bike.gif

Received an e-mail from MotoDiscovery yesterday with a bunch of info. I need to make some arrangements as to moto insurance while in Mexico and start planning out a route to get me down to McAllen TX with a stop at the Barber Museum along the way.
I received the info too. Unfortunately I have a loan on the KTM. So that now means I have go through a bunch of hoops in an attempt to get a letter from the bank stating it's alright for me to take my bike to Mexico. Why in the world would Mexico care if I have a lien on this bike? Especially since I will have a valid registration, Mexico insurance, US passport, $400 mandatory bond and a US driver's license! What if the Banks says no? Lets face it, it sure wouldn't be in their best interest to let me take it.