My 2013 FJR has arrived.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like people are saying the rear shock is more substantial than previous years shocks. Maybe after a few miles are on it, Richard, you can give us a report on how it compares to previous years stock shocks.

Then again, maybe you replaced the previous FJR shocks at mile 0 with aftermarkets...and can't give us that comparo.

You are right Mark thats exactly what i did, having said that the rear shock on the "13" does not appear to need changing same goes for the screen (theres a first). I will be changing the seat however at the earliest opportunity.

I have a leather RDL that i bought from a forum member with a matching leather rear seat that i am going to be selling. Then i will just order one made for me.

So far my opinion on the 13 is fantastic in every way except the seat.....

R

You are right Mark thats exactly what i did, having said that the rear shock on the "13" does not appear to need changing same goes for the screen (theres a first). I will be changing the seat however at the earliest opportunity.

I have a leather RDL that i bought from a forum member with a matching leather rear seat that i am going to be selling. Then i will just order one made for me.

R
Wow.

No changing of shock? No changing of windscreen?

Sounds like they dialed this FJR in pretty good.

R
Wow.

+1, Gunny; everything I am hearing from Dale and Richard is reinforcing my belief that this 2013 FJR is really damn good, I feel strongly that any resistance is futile!

R
Wow.

+1, Gunny; everything I am hearing from Dale and Richard is reinforcing my belief that this 2013 FJR is really damn good, I feel strongly that any resistance is futile!
Hans und Dieter will be visiting you soon if you continue to show signs of betrayal. They will leave you a pistol with you in your locked room to do what must be done. FJR or BMW...you must choose quickly before they arrive from Sud Amerika.

Had a little play today and changed some things around,

I noticed yesterday after riding the bike on the freeway that the front fender was picking up a lot of what looks like oil....with this matt finish it is a bitch to clean off so i did this....

file-4.jpg

That is actually a fender from my 08 that i had lying around...

file-2.jpg

file-1.jpg

kinda matches this...

file-3.jpg

Skooter these went on straighter........

file.jpg

R

Last edited by a moderator:

I noticed yesterday after riding the bike on the freeway that the front fender was picking up a lot of what looks like oil....with this matt finish it is a bitch to clean off so i did this....

R
It actually does look better now, Richard.

George the logo's came from Premier Cycle Accessories (PCA).....

The Hugger is a different kettle of fish, i bought it on Ebay and it was shipped out of Greece. It's been so long that is all i remember.

R

file-2.jpg

R
I like it, from the picture anyway! If you're getting a RDL, I'd hold off on painting the smuggler. Looks like it might really work with this combo, and you'ld for sure be the only one!