My 2013 FJR has arrived.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the new ride, I've had mine for a couple months now and can't believe how much fun it is. Cruise works great {although limited to 80}, and once you change the seat and move the handlebars...it is a seriously fun ride! I've had a blast just driving until i had no idea where i was, disabling the highway option on my gps, and hitting "Home". I'd love to ride up to Big Bear lake on this bike...{Hear my little green monster?}

From today I am proud FJR 2013 owner - A-version, Magnetic Bronze. I still have my '07 model, but will trade it out. After a few km today I must say that I am very happy with Gen III.

Last edited by a moderator:
Magnetic Bronze - I love that color. Congratulations!!
punk.gif

I wish we could get it here on the other side of the pond. Maybe in 2014'

From today I am proud FJR 2013 owner - A-version, Magnetic Bronze. I still have my '07 model, but will trade it out. After a few km today I must say that I am very happy with Gen III.
Congratulations on the new FJR.

We spent a little time in Slovakia last summer, pedaling bicycles along the Danube from Bratislava to Sturovo. Beautiful, peaceful roads.

Enjoy.

Here are some pictures from yesterday - light was not good, it was already shadow there. You can see both my "darlings" here:

5y98.jpg

96wu.jpg

14m2.jpg

I am expecting some farkles in next days to come (hope not weeks) as Akrapovic pipes, frame sliders, foot sheelds. I wanted also nice 50l Yamaha Top Case in same color but it is still not available in Europe - dealer mentioned not before Christmas...

Congratulations on the new FJR.

We spent a little time in Slovakia last summer, pedaling bicycles along the Danube from Bratislava to Sturovo. Beautiful, peaceful roads.

Enjoy.
Yes - that's nice area. We do have also nice roads for motorbikes here.

Here are some pictures from yesterday - light was not good, it was already shadow there. You can see both my "darlings" here:
[img=[URL="https://imageshack.us/a/img203/2857/5y98.jpg%5D"]https://imageshack.us/a/img203/2857/5y98.jpg][/URL]
Sigh. If only we could convince Yamaha that more than one color per year might be interesting.

What's on the mirrors of the older bike?
Those are reflective stickers. I pasted them 5 years ago to cover small scratch on one side (wall on garage...)...

[img=[URL="https://imageshack.us/a/img203/2857/5y98.jpg%5D"]https://imageshack.us/a/img203/2857/5y98.jpg][/URL]
Sigh. If only we could convince Yamaha that more than one color per year might be interesting.

What's on the mirrors of the older bike?
Those are reflective stickers. I pasted them 5 years ago to cover small scratch on one side (wall on garage...)...
Hate it when that happens. ;-)

Question:

Has anybody else with a 13 heard compliants from a passenger about buzzy footpegs?

My gf's 10 year old said they tickled her feet. Ask my gf. Nope she says. Coming back from Toronto this past weekend I tried them out. Yup, buzzing like a sex toy.

Now the question is what to do about it.

Nope - no complaints after about 5,000 km of 2-up riding. That said, I sometimes notice that on my own (rider's) foot pegs if I shift my foot a little so that it's touching a metal part on the main body of the bike (engine, maybe?) I feel a buzz. Once back on "rubber only" it's completely smooth. Something to do with the passenger's foot positioning - maybe touching the peg mount or something? Not saying that it couldn't be something about the rear peg configuration that causes the contact...

Question:
Has anybody else with a 13 heard compliants from a passenger about buzzy footpegs?

My gf's 10 year old said they tickled her feet. Ask my gf. Nope she says. Coming back from Toronto this past weekend I tried them out. Yup, buzzing like a sex toy.

If it isn't bothering you or the GF, why do anything about it??

Question:

If it isn't bothering you or the GF, why do anything about it??
Chances are my gf just thinks it's normal and doesn't want to appear naive - she doesn't have anything to compare it to. That combined with a long ride, say down to NC for EOM will have her really uncomfortable.

Try Doctor Shoals Cushion Insoles in your boots / shoes. I have two pair of boots one with and one without the insoles. I was suprised to feel a vibration in the pair without insoles. When I put the insoles in my second pair of boots I didn't feel it any more.

The insoles are a lot cheaper than trying to fix the bike.

Well went to my local dealer here in Kansas City. They wont have the 2013 FJR till February. I guess you guys on the west coast get them before us midwest folks do. Looks like Im gonna have to wait to get my hands on one or take a long drive.

ed
Try Honda-Yamaha of Memphis. They're expecting some more in . . . soon, and there prices are great.

Honda-Yamaha of Knoxville also had just gotten one in at almost as good a price. I found 4 others for higher prices within 40 minutes of calling around East of the mighty Mississippi.

Happy hunting,

Shuey