My balloon got popped

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
Today around 3 pm I called my dealer to see if the 06 was in (been being a good boy trying not to pester the man. Last Tues it was in the whse in Atl. I figured it HAD to be here today)

Sure nuff its here.

The dealer (owner) who I was conducting business with was not in. Had already left for the day. I got the only other salesman. He said he thought it was in. I asked if I could pick it up today? He responded he would call me back in 10 min. 10 min later he called said the guys had already started on it an it would be ready in 45 min. I went home showered, geared up, and grabed a bud to drive me down (45 miles one way) Got there about 5 pm. I went in to finish the paperwork my bud went to the service dept to look at the bike. He came back in and said they will not have it ready today. I told him its to late in April to try to fool me. Unfortunately he wasn't kidding. The lady (finance?)(not salesman) at the dealer told the serviceman OT was ok if the could get me the bike (6pm now) Service said they were going home and would do it A.M. She was appologetic and said she would make it right if she could and have them deliver the bike to me (I'm thinking no way if they are gonna ride it). I told her I was not upset about having to wait one more day, but that the bike was supposed to be ready 2 hrs and 15 min ago and service says they still have over an hr left to go on it. I'm up set about the 3hrs (hr down, hr back, hr there) of my day gone the 90 mile round trip in a dually that cost $30 in gas just to do it again on Wednesday. I could have waited another day (although Wed has severe storms predicted for the area, may wait till thurs). Who screwed me? The salesman? I don't think so I think it was service dept. From the 10 min lag in phone calls the salesman went to service got the vin for me and they appearantly told him the 45 min time. I say this because it was not a seat of the pants answer on the first call (Oh yea, your bikes in come n get it). I am bummed tonight. Hey RAD, & TWN give me a shot of your sarcasm to pick me up.

Take a six pack for the mechanics when you go back to pick it up. Tell them that you are thanking them for not rushing the job. First of all, you'll get great service in the future. Second of all, a couple of weeks from now when you've gotten over being pissed off, you'll smile knowing that you handled it with class.

Taking time or not, you will still lose some items on the way home. Of course, you won't know about it till you park it and find one of your bags missing and part of the fairing gone. :lol:

+1 to jjcC6... as a former owner of a small bike shop, your kindness and understanding will be an investment that will pay big dividends in the future.

I'm not sure what all I'm missing here, but I think I could have an FJR out of the crate ready in 2 hours by myself!

1. Install front wheel *edit* I forgot the front fender first time around.

2. Install mirrors

3. Install windshield

4. Install bag locks on bags

5. Clip on bags

What am I missing guys? this isn't rocket science.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what all I'm missing here, but I think I could have an FJR out of the crate ready in 2 hours by myself!
1. Install front wheel

2. Install mirrors

3. Install windshield

5. Clip on bags

What am I missing guys? this isn't rocket science.
They have to install the old valves, undo the heat fixes, make the windshield whistle, loosen the front suspension for the extra dip and dive, toss the bag locks and bags and claim they're on backorder, take off the 'Stones and slap on the Z6's I just tossed - among other things.

Plus, they prolly need more time to figger out how to put the Fenda Extenda on... :blink:

:haha: Yeah, Umma mean bastard!

1. Install front wheel

2. Install mirrors

3. Install windshield

5. Clip on bags

What am I missing guys?  this isn't rocket science.
The 6 oclock report was "still have to put on windshield, check tire pressure, safety check.....over an hour to go"

I figured 15 min... but who am I?

Im not sure what that makes your status -- are you still a waiter now, or what? Is there a pergatory waiter status? Almost, but not quite?

If you don't bring the tech a 6-pack, at least bring an envelope with 10 or 20 bucks in it. I do that, and you'd be suprised how well it works!

I can't remember the verse -- it's either

"Patience is mine sayeth the Lord", or

"Vengence is mine sayeth the Lord" i forget which is correct.

Well-- I'll look forward to more on you story, as I read and continue to wait patiently (June delivery on AE hopefully)

They have to install the old valves, undo the heat fixes, make the windshield whistle, loosen the front suspension for the extra dip and dive, toss the bag locks and bags and claim they're on backorder, take off the 'Stones and slap on the Z6's I just tossed - among other things.
Plus, they prolly need more time to figger out how to put the Fenda Extenda on... :blink:

:haha: Yeah, Umma mean bastard!
I can't believe you, of everyone, missed the most difficult part of the prep....

It's a MINIMUM 2 hour job to install the front end "clunk". It can only be done AFTER the wheel's been installed twice (since the bonehead tech forgot to put the fender on first).

BTW, the 17mpg thing only takes about two seconds to install.

Take a six pack for the mechanics when you go back to pick it up. Tell them that you are thanking them for not rushing the job. First of all, you'll get great service in the future. Second of all, a couple of weeks from now when you've gotten over being pissed off, you'll smile knowing that you handled it with class.
I'd say take him a six pack of diet coke the next day and tell him you had to drink the beer to console yourself :D

bummer.
I recommend a glass of Macallans, a hit of Luke Skywalker and a nice night's sleep.

Yep, just one hit.

B)
12, 18 or 25 year old McCallan? (Noting your scotch selection, I'm sure your chronic is A-OK) :D

:D Make vroom - vroom sounds while twisting your right wrist in a clockwise rotation whilst hanging your head out the window on the way home? Use that imagination bro! By the way you mentioned the 'babe' was gonna make it right, how? Apoplogy, free service, discounted goods or services, gas money, what? I would think delivering the bike to you (by trailer/turck) is a given. Thats crap - :angry: that the service boys didn't/couldn't/wouldn't stay a few minutes (MAYBE half and hour?) to get you down the road (makes me ashamed of my profession), ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE. And you are being encouraged to buy them a sixer for their lack of effort - BULLSHIT! I'd have a heart to heart with first the Service Mangler, then the owner. Please don't buy them any brews though (or anything else for that matter). If you think that a sixer is going to improve the way you WILL be treated based on the way you HAVE been treated, I think your kiddin yourself! Enjoy the new ride though -

All well and good-another day, another dealership. But-and this is important now-is she hot? And I don't mean does she ride an 04, I mean is she an 010? Does she really understand what "customer service" means?

Last edited by a moderator:
:D Make vroom - vroom sounds while twisting your right wrist in a clockwise rotation whilst hanging your head out the window on the way home? Use that imagination bro! By the way you mentioned the 'babe' was gonna make it right, how? Apoplogy, free service, discounted goods or services, gas money, what? I would think delivering the bike to you (by trailer/turck) is a given. Thats crap - :angry: that the service boys didn't/couldn't/wouldn't stay a few minutes (MAYBE half and hour?) to get you down the road (makes me ashamed of my profession), ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE. And you are being encouraged to buy them a sixer for their lack of effort - BULLSHIT! I'd have a heart to heart with first the Service Mangler, then the owner. Please don't buy them any brews though (or anything else for that matter). If you think that a sixer is going to improve the way you WILL be treated based on the way you HAVE been treated, I think your kiddin yourself! Enjoy the new ride though -
That'll really make them want to take care of you in the future :blink:

Don't forget that it was a sales guy who told him it would be ready. We really don't know how he got his information. Be sure you understand all the facts before over reacting.

You should know that I actually have a quick temper myself, and have handled things the way you are suggesting. But I would actually feel better about myself if I could do as I say, not as I do. What I actually find is that if I have a "come to Jesus" with someone, I really don't know if it worked or not because I don't ever go back to that establishment. If I'm that mad, why would I?

Latest posts