My balloon got popped

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning. FJRfencer, its 830 Cental time are you standing in front of the dealers door yet? :rolleyes:

Just look at it this way, someone would have probably pulled out in front of you yesterday, or you would have been upset and not paid attention to where you placed you foot or something like that and had a parking lot blunder.

This way you'll pick it up with a clear head and ready for the ride!

I second giving them a six pack or something!

I don't get this - you're told the bike will be ready and you drive 45 miles (time/expense) and are then told the bike won't be ready until tomorrow - so you gotta go 45 mi home, and then repeat the exercise the next day. And folks are telling YOU to buy them a six pack? I'm a real nice guy, really, and I am more than understanding of the "shit happens" and stuff gets confused, etc reason for someone not delivering.

I would expect the dealer to buy YOU a six pack and not the other way around. Am I missing something here?

Absolutely.... Why would anyone reward failure? I don't care if it was the 'sales guy' who made the commitment or not. I would hope he checked with service to begin with (and I bet he did), but even if he didn't the dealerships name, commitment, reputation, and a customers satisfaction is hanging in the balance. Your time is obviously less valuable than theirs, as you took a half a day off work, drove 60 miles RT and they couldn't have a tech stay an extra half and hour to accomodate their commitment? :assasin: If the Service Manager (and I was a Service Manager for a lot of years) had to have somebody stay a few minutes to finish the job - so what, happens all the time! And like I said, if they had that shitty of an attitude (desire) to follow through on even "a salesmans" commitment, it is a reflection, in my humble opinion, of their approach with regard to their philosophy of doing business and attitude, or lack there of, toward you their customer. When I say have a heart to heart with the service manager and the owner, it doesn't have to be a drag down and out screaming session, rather an honest analysis of a new customers disappontment with a relatively simple procedure, and one that sets the stage for a customers future attitude toward their business. In this case, the stage has obviously been set, maybe this was an anomaly with regard to their method of doing business, but I doubt it!

Well you reward the individuals that put their hands on your bike and then behind the scenes you get something from the dealership/ person that sold you the bike discount off gear etc.

So, the question is after all else is said & done....(place drumroll here)....did you get your bike yet? :blink:

I don't get this - you're told the bike will be ready and you drive 45 miles (time/expense) and are then told the bike won't be ready until tomorrow - so you gotta go 45 mi home, and then repeat the exercise the next day.  And folks are telling YOU to buy them a six pack?  I'm a real nice guy, really, and I am more than understanding of the "shit happens" and stuff gets confused, etc reason for someone not delivering.  I would expect the dealer to buy YOU a six pack and not the other way around.  Am I missing something here?
Yes, it would be nice if the dealer does something for him. But you speak like an engineer or accountant. Take if from someone in sales. Selling yourself is the most important thing you can do. Think about it this way - when you go to a restraurant - you tip them for giving you good service. Do you expect them to tip YOU for being a customer? Probably not. But your logic leads that direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
bummer.
I recommend a glass of Macallans, a hit of Luke Skywalker and a nice night's sleep.

Yep, just one hit.

B)
12, 18 or 25 year old McCallan? (Noting your scotch selection, I'm sure your chronic is A-OK) :D
Frankly, 12 is really good. 18 is outstanding. 25 is unbelievable. It really depends on the status of bank account and your prioritization system ;)

Rewarding failure:

failure isn't a fault, it's a disease that is put upon us by our failure parents and it's a cruel cycle that people that fail cannot get out of. Therefore, might as well have a six pack! Since we fail so much we cannot afford our own, therefore require non failure types, that we fail, to provide us with the six pack.

Make sense now or did I fail to explain it?

Maybe your bike wasn't ready because some other bloke had walked in with a Six Pack prior to your arrival ??

Rewarding failure:
failure isn't a fault, it's a disease that is put upon us by our failure parents and it's a cruel cycle that people that fail cannot get out of. Therefore, might as well have a six pack! Since we fail so much we cannot afford our own, therefore require non failure types, that we fail, to provide us with the six pack.

Make sense now or did I fail to explain it?
Excellent! Crack open that beer!! :drinks:

I think the only reason you should give them a six pack is if the folks back there all look like zzkenoman's avatar.

UPDATE:

No bike Today. (ON ME) The dealer (owner) called around 1pm today (I was expecting the call to come in earlier than that) and told me "The bike is here, its together, PDI'd (whatever that is- safety?) it came in and the guys got right on it. All it needs is a rider" My reply: "you know it came in Yest don't you? and I came down to get it because I was told it would be ready when I got there".... "No, I didn't know that I'll look into it"

I let it go at that and will see what was looked at when I go there in the a.m. I could not get away from work today to go get it and decided rather than make a last min hr run 1 way in a storm I'll just get it in the morn. Safer and cleaner that way. At least it will sparkle when we arrive home. Weather is supposed to be clear and 73 Thurs.

Thanks for some of the laughs on the post.

I have to tell ya I am not inclined to take a drink to anyone right now. And Yes for a Lady of say the mid 40's not bad, not bad at all. :ph34r:

Oh and I guess I have named the bike since the name seems so natural (and way better than Wonky :D )

Drum roll please!!!

"IT"

Go pick "It" up

Don't drop"It"

You know "It" take all your money,

"It" takes all your time,

"It"'s gonna cause a divorce,

Like I said "IT" seems so natural :lol:

I'm not stealin from anyone am I?

I don't get this - you're told the bike will be ready and you drive 45 miles (time/expense) and are then told the bike won't be ready until tomorrow - so you gotta go 45 mi home, and then repeat the exercise the next day.  And folks are telling YOU to buy them a six pack?  I'm a real nice guy, really, and I am more than understanding of the "shit happens" and stuff gets confused, etc reason for someone not delivering.  I would expect the dealer to buy YOU a six pack and not the other way around.  Am I missing something here?
Yes, it would be nice if the dealer does something for him. But you speak like an engineer or accountant. Take if from someone in sales. Selling yourself is the most important thing you can do. Think about it this way - when you go to a restraurant - you tip them for giving you good service. Do you expect them to tip YOU for being a customer? Probably not. But your logic leads that direction.
Are you kidding? These companies are in it for sales, and they should tip any customer that is jerked around or at least offer a bigger discount for some accessories. If I was treated this way, and put through this kind of time I would either expect something to make up for it, or go somewhere else for future work.

Aimee

Oh and I guess I have named the bike since the name seems so natural (and way better than Wonky :D )
HEY !!! DON'T SAY THAT SO LOUD !! I don't want her to know you don't like her name !!

Wonky's gonna get hurt feelings :cry:

And we gotta keep her happy .... or she might ..... develop some sort of .. "tick". :bleh:

After all, you should hear her whistle she's so happy !! :D

But seriously folks .......

FJRFencer, you are gonna love that bike. We all want to hear about your experience tomorrow riding her home, as well as what the 'dealer' does for you.

Be Safe !!

UPDATE:
No bike Today. (ON ME) The dealer (owner) called around 1pm today (I was expecting the call to come in earlier than that) and told me "The bike is here, its together, PDI'd (whatever that is- safety?) it came in and the guys got right on it. All it needs is a rider" My reply: "you know it came in Yest don't you? and I came down to get it because I was told it would be ready when I got there".... "No, I didn't know that I'll look into it"

I let it go at that and will see what was looked at when I go there in the a.m. I could not get away from work today to go get it and decided rather than make a last min hr run 1 way in a storm I'll just get it in the morn. Safer and cleaner that way. At least it will sparkle when we arrive home. Weather is supposed to be clear and 73 Thurs.

Thanks for some of the laughs on the post.

I have to tell ya I am not inclined to take a drink to anyone right now. And Yes for a Lady of say the mid 40's not bad, not bad at all. :ph34r:

Drum roll please!!!

"IT"

Go pick "It" up

Don't drop"It"

You know "It" take all your money,

"It" takes all your time,

"It"'s gonna cause a divorce,

Like I said "IT" seems so natural :lol:

I'm not stealin from anyone am I?
I went over a rode it for you today (I DID take them a six pack :D ).

It runs pretty good. Rock solid and straight as an arrow at 156mph indicated (had to back off for some traffic). Also, I did scrape the pegs on it a couple of times, so don't blame that on the dealer.

Good luck with the rest of the break-in. :haha:

Latest posts