My Impressions of the MV Motorrad Bar Riser

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered mine tonight. I hope it feels better than the GenMar (I think) my bike came with. At least it'll look better!

It seems they are making progress in their marketing/support. I noticed a lot more of their site has been translated into English since I first started eyeing this part. Maybe they'll get to the instructions next.

It is really pretty easy to install. I would be happy to assist anyone - telephone, in person (Philadelphia area). My bike is much more comfortable to ride now.

Just ordered mine tonight. I hope it feels better than the GenMar (I think) my bike came with. At least it'll look better!

It seems they are making progress in their marketing/support. I noticed a lot more of their site has been translated into English since I first started eyeing this part. Maybe they'll get to the instructions next.

It is really pretty easy to install. I would be happy to assist anyone - telephone, in person (Philadelphia area). My bike is much more comfortable to ride now.
G R E A T!!!

I like mine a lot, would definitely do it again if I had a choice. What I like the most is the new angle of the bars, the way that it tapers in to your body, instead of just rising up and straight back like regular block risers for. And lastly, how you can adjust the degree of rotation on the handle bar going forward and back. This makes allows for a more custom fit for a variety of riders :)

I like mine a lot, would definitely do it again if I had a choice. What I like the most is the new angle of the bars, the way that it tapers in to your body, instead of just rising up and straight back like regular block risers for. And lastly, how you can adjust the degree of rotation on the handle bar going forward and back. This makes allows for a more custom fit for a variety of riders
smile.png
Thank you SeattleTy!!I am interesting to listen news from chiefblueman,because he has installed the riser for Gen1 and i would like to listen about his driving impressions..About this Adapter plate:I think chiefblueman first he installed an adapter plate for Gen1..

b0.jpg

I bought this product and have had it installed for about a week now.It works really well. For me the angle of the bars needed to be pushed forward. I would recommend this product to anyone looking to change the angle of the handlebars.

Hi Mihalis! I haven't been able to ride much but I did manage to get about 80 miles in with the MV riser plate installed. It moves the bars back a little more than the Heli risers which is good for me.. The bars are very adjustable. I adjusted them by holding my hands over the bars and matching the angle of my hands. Usually after about 20 minutes my right hand would begin to ache but after nearly 2 hours my right hand felt fine. Bear in mind I've never ridden this bike with the stock bar position. It had Heli risers on it when I bought it. The MV Motorrad riser is an improvement over the Heli risers in my opinion. I think you should buy one and put it on your gen1, you won't be disappointed.

I need to make a correction to my previous post regarding missing hardware. When I installed the riser I was quite medicated with muscle relaxers and pain killers due to a very painful back condition and was tired of TV and wanted to improve my bike, even if I couldn't ride it. I posted that MV had not provided all the necessary bolts to install the riser. Well...... a couple weeks after I bolted it on I was disposing of the box and packing material it was shipped in and there were the bolts buried in the paper packing. Doh!
wackosmiley.gif
My apologies to MV Motorrad. They produce a fine product and they include the hardware.

Hi Mihalis! I haven't been able to ride much but I did manage to get about 80 miles in with the MV riser plate installed. It moves the bars back a little more than the Heli risers which is good for me.. The bars are very adjustable. I adjusted them by holding my hands over the bars and matching the angle of my hands. Usually after about 20 minutes my right hand would begin to ache but after nearly 2 hours my right hand felt fine. Bear in mind I've never ridden this bike with the stock bar position. It had Heli risers on it when I bought it. The MV Motorrad riser is an improvement over the Heli risers in my opinion. I think you should buy one and put it on your gen1, you won't be disappointed.

I need to make a correction to my previous post regarding missing hardware. When I installed the riser I was quite medicated with muscle relaxers and pain killers due to a very painful back condition and was tired of TV and wanted to improve my bike, even if I couldn't ride it. I posted that MV had not provided all the necessary bolts to install the riser. Well...... a couple weeks after I bolted it on I was disposing of the box and packing material it was shipped in and there were the bolts buried in the paper packing. Doh!
wackosmiley.gif
My apologies to MV Motorrad. They produce a fine product and they include the hardware.
Hi chiefblueman!This sounds great!Thank you for the information!I will buy it perhaps the next week..I believe too the MV company is reliable and makes realy good products..About the stock bar potition without Heli risers MV risers or a something like this riser believe me the riding position is very uncomfortable for me!!For an other rider perhaps not..But for me is like day/night..!Well,when i will install mine, after a good driving test with many miles i will post here my impressions..!

The next person that orders this plate could do all of us a big favor by taking side profile pics of the rider seated on the bike holding the handlebars before the MV plate is attached and then after it's attached, and thru its adjustment arc. That would help illustrate the change in rider ergonomics.. thank you!

The next person that orders this plate could do all of us a big favor by taking side profile pics of the rider seated on the bike holding the handlebars before the MV plate is attached and then after it's attached, and thru its adjustment arc. That would help illustrate the change in rider ergonomics.. thank you!
Which plate mingo?01/-05 Gen1 or 06/-12 Gen2?

For Gen2 adapter plate go to the page 2 in post N.38..You can see the difference..

For Gen1 we are waiting...
smilingsmiley.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

For Gen2 adapter plate go to the page 2 in post N.38..You can see the difference..

smilingsmiley.gif
Gen 2, Post 38 is great, but it would be even more helpful to see a before and after picture from the side to see how the arms are stretched and what the posture of the rider looks like seated on the bike, and we'd need the rider's height and leg inseam to give us an idea of how it's going to work for us. I'm torn between this and the Helibars triple clamp replacement. This one's easier to install, but it's hard to decide from pics, without seeing a rider seated with before and after pics.

Thanks for the very informative posts.

smilingsmiley.gif
Gen 2, Post 38 is great, but it would be even more helpful to see a before and after picture from the side to see how the arms are stretched and what the posture of the rider looks like seated on the bike, and we'd need the rider's height and leg inseam to give us an idea of how it's going to work for us. I'm torn between this and the Helibars triple clamp replacement. This one's easier to install, but it's hard to decide from pics, without seeing a rider seated with before and after pics.

Thanks for the very informative posts.
I can't help you more..but the most reviews about MV are very goods to great..!!

I think the feeling must be like Heli but + angle adjustment plus..

I finally installed mine this weekend and only have a couple short rides on it so far. But so far, I'm loving it. I know the FJR is a sportier sport-touring bike, but I like a more upright position since I commute 85% of the time. This riser put me exactly where my back wanted me to be. With the angle adjustment, I was able to get the exact spread I wanted too. Install was very quick and easy. And the part looks great. Very well machined. I got the correct nut covers and plugs with mine, so no issues there.

The only modification I did was to drill and tap a hole for a RAM ball so I could mount my Aqua Box for my iPhone 5. Worked perfectly:

P1000043.jpg

I finally installed mine this weekend and only have a couple short rides on it so far. But so far, I'm loving it. I know the FJR is a sportier sport-touring bike, but I like a more upright position since I commute 85% of the time. This riser put me exactly where my back wanted me to be. With the angle adjustment, I was able to get the exact spread I wanted too. Install was very quick and easy. And the part looks great. Very well machined. I got the correct nut covers and plugs with mine, so no issues there.

The only modification I did was to drill and tap a hole for a RAM ball so I could mount my Aqua Box for my iPhone 5. Worked perfectly:

P1000043.jpg
Great!!and Really great modification!!MV must see your picture!!Probably their technical department upgrade their adapter plate with a ready hole for a ram ball like yours!Congrats!nice job!

Ps.If you like send to MV your picture by an e-mail..You have do a good job there!

great service from this company, ordered mine on Monday night 08/1/13 from Germany & they have arrived in Sydney Australia today with an expected delivery to me after the weekend.

UPSTracker_zps5d6bc23f.jpg

great service from this company, ordered mine on Monday night 08/1/13 from Germany & they have arrived in Sydney Australia today with an expected delivery to me after the weekend.
UPSTracker_zps5d6bc23f.jpg
Great!!Only two days from Germany to Australia..???!!!unbelievable..!!!Which one did you bought Daggy?The model with the solar thermometer in?for Gen1 bkes?Please post some photos when you will install it in your bike..
smile.png

Please take 2 pictures seated on the bike holding the bars before and after the installation.

Great!!Only two days from Germany to Australia..???!!!unbelievable..!!!Which one did you bought Daggy?The model with the solar thermometer in?for Gen1 bkes?Please post some photos when you will install it in your bike..
smile.png
hi Mihalis, no I got the Gen II version, I forgot to update my profile when I upgraded from the Gen I hehe.
i'll do some pics, not sure if I can get some with me on the bike or not, will see how I go with it.

Did I read somewhere on here that someone said they had a PDF of the fitting instructions? if so could they post a link pls.

Cheers Dags

smile.png
hi Mihalis, no I got the Gen II version, I forgot to update my profile when I upgraded from the Gen I hehe.
i'll do some pics, not sure if I can get some with me on the bike or not, will see how I go with it.

Did I read somewhere on here that someone said they had a PDF of the fitting instructions? if so could they post a link pls.

Cheers Dags
Daggy,have a look at this post n.38 in this thread,but it is very easy to install this adapter plate..i hope it can help you..:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/146408-my-impressions-of-the-mv-motorrad-bar-riser/?p=976896