NAFO 2016 Official Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe...but I can start drinking on the plane ride down there...
punk.gif

Zilla said,

Bug, Marty is handling the shirts also. They look super cool, and should be spelled right. However, keep it up, and I'll be sure to have him ship your shirt to me before the rally. I'll customize it for you!

Or send it to Scooter and he can Booger it up for him

Last edited by a moderator:
20 weeks to go! Plenty of time to make plans to attend.

Here is the the current list for NAFO '16.

https://www.timeandda...t=cursive&csz=1

IN:

Don Stanley
FJRay
ZZZZIP & Mrs zzzzipette
Bikerskier
Oface
Abercrombie FJR
Extrememarine
MCRIDER 007
BURNSPOT
Little Jon
Tyler
Internationaltoll
Northwoods Snowman
Sacramento Mike
Airboss
Spud
juniorfjr
Mudslide Miller
Burns 1
Erixun
Tango Sierra
Freaky Fast Freddie
Bobco and wife
Bugnatr
Petey
RogDeb
InTech & Spanky
FJR Farrier
Some dude from Albuquerque & a very nice lady
Gregory & Michelle
LCB
CraigRegs
Weluvbikin
Phroenips
COSFJR
Geezer
Huron52
MNFJR05 & Son
Linc & Mrs Linc
Gramps and Mrs.
Pegscraper & MsNASCAR
Zbear & friends
Uncle HUD & Aunt Kelly
Silver Streak & Dan O

James

On the Fence
JREW

Smitty141

Rush

There is a plan

"20 weeks to go....plans to attend."

Oh how I have wanted to attend this event. But with ButtLite being staged out of Denver and riding the beejeebers out of the west for 6 days, it's kinda difficult finding more vacation days to go back there again.

But it sure looks like a fantastic group of folks who'll be attending.

Oh how I have wanted to attend this event. But with ButtLite being staged out of Denver and riding the beejeebers out of the west for 6 days, it's kinda difficult finding more vacation days to go back there again.

Yes, thank you, we are a fantastic group of folks.

Yes, thank you, we are a fantastic group of folks.
Almost sane too.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="TripperMike" data-cid="1293611" data-time="1457461049"><p>
"20 weeks to go....plans to attend."<br />
<br />
Oh how I have wanted to attend this event. But with ButtLite being staged out of Denver and riding the beejeebers out of the west for 6 days, it's kinda difficult finding more vacation days to go back there again.<br />
<br />
But it sure looks like a fantastic group of folks who'll be attending.</p></blockquote>
I thought you and your son were in?

Wow, this looks awesome. I'll have to see if I can make this work with my schedule. My wife might want to ride along, too. If anyone is going to be rolling through Omaha to get to this, we could possibly meet up with you there!

Wow, this looks awesome. I'll have to see if I can make this work with my schedule. My wife might want to ride along, too. If anyone is going to be rolling through Omaha to get to this, we could possibly meet up with you there!
I'll be blowing through there at about Mach 6 a couple days before.

I'll be blowing through there at about Mach 6 a couple days before.
Lucky bastard...JSNS

Is anyone dual sporting during NAFO?? Mountain Passes, Jeep trails, you know... the cool stuff.

I am going to try to redo some of my vacation to make this event. Plan to drive out and haul my KTM 690. I have been out there in that area several times Great place to be a mountain goat..

Smitty

Montrose to Moki Dugway 500 miles 11 hours saddle time will make for a long days ride.
Anyone familiar with Valley of the Gods Rd in Utah just East of the Dugway? Looks like smooth dirt that the FJR should be able to do at 30-50 mph if the weather is right. Someone was complaining about not enough dirt so I'll add 17 miles of it to the route. The scenery is of a Mini Monument Valley.
https://utah.com/monument-valley/valley-of-the-gods

Valley of the gods road. Sounds just right for an FJR. Its described as sandy, bumpy, with steep sections, high clearance vehicles recommended as it can be rough, and 4X4 may be needed if wet. Sounds like fun. NOT!
I can attest to the quality of the Valley of the Gods Road. It will be challenging on the FJR. There are several washes that must be crossed, the sand can be deep. There are a couple of steep sections up rocky ledges...that is where I called it quits. You can easily traverse a very long section of it...it is just more suited to a Jeep or ATV/UTV or a dual sport. The road conditions will vary depending on weather...if its raining....forget it.
I agree, not a road for a FJR. But what a wonderful stretch of road. I camped on the ridge overlooking the goose necks last year. I was on my KTM 690 with camping gear. Even with a small bike loaded with gear the washes were a handful.

Smitty

Is anyone dual sporting during NAFO?? Mountain Passes, Jeep trails, you know... the cool stuff.
I am going to try to redo some of my vacation to make this event. Plane to drive out and haul my KTM 690. I have been out there in that area several times Great place to be a mountain goat..

Smitty
I was thinking about taking the Tenere to NAFO but I am not skilled enough take the big girl on too technical of stuff.

I may buy a enclosed trailer before then. If I do, I will take the FJR and the 690 out there... Most likely several days before NAFO.

Smitty

I am going to try to redo some of my vacation to make this event. Plan to drive out and haul my KTM 690. I have been out there in that area several times Great place to be a mountain goat..

Smitty
I'm thinking the same thing. I am tossing around the idea of towing the DRZ & FJR out there to camp/hotel/ride both for a few days in the area. I would love to ride over Mosquito Pass and/or Cottonwood pass among others on dirt bike.