NAFO 2016 Official Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20 weeks to go! Plenty of time to make plans to attend.Here is the the current list for NAFO '16.

https://www.timeandda...t=cursive&csz=1

IN:

Don Stanley

FJRay

ZZZZIP & Mrs zzzzipette

Bikerskier

Oface

Abercrombie FJR

Extrememarine

MCRIDER 007

BURNSPOT

Little Jon

Tyler

Internationaltoll

Northwoods Snowman

Sacramento Mike

Airboss

Spud

juniorfjr

Mudslide Miller

Burns 1

Erixun

Tango Sierra

Freaky Fast Freddie

Bobco and wife

Bugnatr

Petey

RogDeb

InTech & Spanky

FJR Farrier

Some dude from Albuquerque & a very nice lady

Gregory & Michelle

LCB

CraigRegs

Weluvbikin

Phroenips

COSFJR

Geezer

Huron52

MNFJR05 & Son

Pegscraper

Linc & Mrs Linc

Gramps and Mrs.

Pegscraper & MsNASCAR

Zbear & friends

Uncle HUD & Aunt Kelly

Silver Streak & Dan O

James

On the Fence

JREW

Smitty141

Rush

There is a plan
Now hold on a minute. I see that my twin brother is rooming with my MsNASCAR wifie. In that case, I'm not attending. Have fun bro. Looking forward to reports and photos of the events if not provided first hand.

un-duplicated list

18 weeks to go! Plenty of time to make plans to attend.
Here is the the current list for NAFO '16.
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20160728T08&p0=4977&msg=NAFO&ud=1&font=cursive&csz=1
IN:
Don Stanley
FJRay
ZZZZIP & Mrs zzzzipette
Bikerskier
Oface
Abercrombie FJR
Extrememarine
MCRIDER 007
BURNSPOT
Little Jon
Tyler
Internationaltoll
Northwoods Snowman
Sacramento Mike
Airboss
Spud
juniorfjr
Mudslide Miller
Burns 1
Erixun
Tango Sierra
Freaky Fast Freddie
Bobco and wife
Bugnatr
Petey
RogDeb
InTech & Spanky
FJR Farrier
Gregory & Michelle
LCB
CraigRegs
Weluvbikin
Phroenips
COSFJR
Geezer
Huron52
MNFJR05 & Son
Linc & Mrs Linc
Gramps and Mrs.
Pegscraper & MsNASCAR
Zbear & friends
Uncle HUD & Aunt Kelly
Silver Streak & Dan O
James
Smitty141

Twistedcricket

Bob16555

On the Fence
JREW
Rush

There is a plan

Off Road Holligans

Smitty141

Extrememarine

Lee Davis

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone dual sporting during NAFO?? Mountain Passes, Jeep trails, you know... the cool stuff.
I am going to try to redo some of my vacation to make this event. Plan to drive out and haul my KTM 690. I have been out there in that area several times Great place to be a mountain goat..

Smitty
Contact Wayne(Extememarine). I do believe that he, lee Davis and another are bringing their Dualsports and riding in eastern Colorado a few days before NAFO. I am thinking about hauling my KLR and KTM Supermoto to Montrose do ride both dirt and street while there.

Is anyone dual sporting during NAFO?? Mountain Passes, Jeep trails, you know... the cool stuff.
I am going to try to redo some of my vacation to make this event. Plan to drive out and haul my KTM 690. I have been out there in that area several times Great place to be a mountain goat..

Smitty
Contact Wayne(Extememarine). I do believe that he, lee Davis and another are bringing their Dualsports and riding in eastern Colorado a few days before NAFO. I am thinking about hauling my KLR and KTM Supermoto to Montrose do ride both dirt and street while there.
So no Gayle?

Yes - as of now, my plan is to trailer the DRZ out and ride DS the week of NAFO. Spending a few days based out of Silverthorn, then Montrose during NAFO.

I even have a proper set of dual sport wheels in the garage being prepped for the DRZ right now...

I will be leaving St. Louis on July 25th. and back on Aug 3rd. I will drive strait though, and not sure where i will end up. There is lots of good off-roading around Montrose. You have Apline loop, Engineer, Imogene (Tuff and fun), Last Dollar, Black Bear( not for the faint at heart), Cinnamon, Hurricane, Ophir, and many more. I have rode from Wyoming to the 4 corners through Colorado to northern Utah off road. Simply amazing the things you see, the old ghost towns and mines are very cool.

Still trying to figure the easy way to bring the FJR and the KTM 690 enduro.

Smitty

My hauler.. It may be tight getting both bikes in there. A 6'-12' enclosed trailer may be in order.

t4_zpsc875lmyr.jpg

t3_zpssfwcaigq.jpg

Yes - as of now, my plan is to trailer the DRZ out and ride DS the week of NAFO. Spending a few days based out of Silverthorn, then Montrose during NAFO.

I even have a proper set of dual sport wheels in the garage being prepped for the DRZ right now...

Silverthorn or Silverton? It looks like the video you posted rode into Silverton on the Million Dollar highway.

Silverthorn or Silverton? It looks like the video you posted rode into Silverton on the Million Dollar highway.
I was thinking the same thing. Silverthorn is just west of Denver...

Smitty
That damn video has me thinking a guy needs to bring more than one bike also. There is not much riding like that available in North Dakota.
no.gif

Smitty
So no Gayle?
Nope, she's staying home to do the dishes. Just don't tell her I said so
no.gif

Wow, this looks awesome. I'll have to see if I can make this work with my schedule. My wife might want to ride along, too. If anyone is going to be rolling through Omaha to get to this, we could possibly meet up with you there!
I'm IN.

Just booked hotel. I can leave either Wed or Thurs and will be picking up my riding companion at DIA, so I'll circle back once I know when they are scheduled to land. That will determine my launch time from Omaha.

I have added a Dual Sport section. If your bringing your DS, let me know so I can add you to that list.

Enjoy the first day of Spring

18 weeks to go! Plenty of time to make plans to attend.
Here is the the current list for NAFO '16.
https://www.timeandda...t=cursive&csz=1
IN:
Don Stanley
FJRay
ZZZZIP & Mrs zzzzipette
Bikerskier
Oface
Abercrombie FJR
Extrememarine
MCRIDER 007
BURNSPOT
Little Jon
Tyler
Internationaltoll
Northwoods Snowman
Sacramento Mike
Airboss
Spud
juniorfjr
Mudslide Miller
Burns 1
Erixun
Tango Sierra
Freaky Fast Freddie
Bobco and wife
Bugnatr
Petey
RogDeb
InTech & Spanky
FJR Farrier
Gregory & Michelle
LCB
CraigRegs
Weluvbikin
Phroenips
COSFJR
Geezer
Huron52
MNFJR05 & Son
Linc & Mrs Linc
Gramps and Mrs.
Pegscraper & MsNASCAR
Zbear & friends
Uncle HUD & Aunt Kelly
Silver Streak & Dan O
James
Smitty141
Twistedcricket

On the Fence
JREW
Rush

There is a plan

Off Road Holligans
Smitty141
Extrememarine
Lee Davis

Bugnatr

HRZ

First couple of days are going to be Silverthorn, CO for us - going to take in that area and then move to Montrose where we'll have access to the Ouray / Silverton off road areas.

I was thinking the same thing. Silverthorn is just west of Denver...

Smitty

I'm REALLY thinking of taking my KTM and FJR to NAFO also. Spend a couple days riding with Wayne and the boys, and them get to Montrose and switch bikes.

Gonna see about borrowing my brothers enclosed trailer. Both bikes will fit nicely. Put me down Gregory.