NAFO, Dates & City Secured!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a great time in Utah, am looking forward to Colorado . It is one of my favorite all time states, been on about every road but the great thing is they are just as much fun the 2nd or 3rd or 4th or 5th time. You get the idea. :clapping:

Gads this winter is going to be long. :dribble:

Mac

I'll certainly be posting in the ride planning areas once I have the full itinerary in case anyone wishes to join me for a days riding. Also suggestions on special roads, lunch stops etc would be gratefully received.
Dave
Highway 89 from Sedona to the Prescott Valley is a must ride. Sorry about the AZ hijack.

I will be at NAFO in '08! I missed WFO this year and it won't happen again!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Highway 89 from Sedona to the Prescott Valley is a must ride. Sorry about the AZ hijack.
No worries on the hijack, but if you guys wanna start planning rides to and from NAFO, you prolly wanna start specific threads in the NAFO or Regional Planning areas. Otherwise, they'll get buried here in this thread.

Mmmmhmmmmm -- just reserved July 21 through 29 off! Gonna enjoy the ride back to Colorado, all over Colorado and the Rockies, and then home -- before having to return to work on the Wednesday after the event. :yahoo:

It's all good, real good! Gonna take extra days at both ends for some side trips while journeying to and fro. Marianne will likely fly and visit her bestest school friend in CO Springs for a couple of days. This trip is shaping up damn nicely and I want to thank TWN and WC and all the others who are behind the scenes putting it together.

Golden is the perfect location for a rally ! ! ! ! Great job everyone on the organizing committee.

From Golden you can access the mountains from each direction, it is the perfect location.

I am a local to the area and have traveled many of the Colorado highways. I would be happy to help in any of the ride planning.

I went to WFO last year for my first FJR event and I am hooked.

I am planning on doing the IBA ride this year and can help in any planning that you need for that as well.

Colorado is the micro beer capitol of the country and there are many places for you to let your taste buds explore . . .

Some of the attractions that you might want to take in while you are out here:

* White Water Rafting (not far up the road near Idaho Springs)

* Hot Springs (Idaha Springs again for the closest, but get farther away and you will have many options)

* Alligator Farm ! (Yes, Colorado has an Alligator farm near Alamosa, CO. The gators stay alive since they live in the hot springs year round: Gator_Farm Also, the Sand Dune National Park is right next door - Great Day trip ! ! !

* Mountain Bike riding - very nice place near Winter Park where you can rent bikes, go up the green trails and come flying down the black diamonds

* Lake City/Ouray/Telluride Mountain Range - The best place to ride in Colorado - Million Dollar Highway, the amazing roads near Lake City and Telluride

* Go Cart Racing - Yes not too far from Golden

* 4x4 Jeep and ATV riding - There are plenty of places to rent and ride - an amazing way to explore Colorado

* Mt . Evans - The highest paved highway in the country - Mt. Evans

* Royal Gorge - Ride your motorcycle 1053 feet above the Arkansas River, or ride the train below through the canyon, or helicoptor trip above it

* Colorado Springs - Cave of the Winds, Garden of the Gods and 7 Falls, Air Force Academy, Pikes Peak and Norad

* Winter Park Ski Train - Train that travels from Denver to Winter Park each day and back

* Durango/ Silverton Train - This is the best train ride you might ever experience

* Ride up to a remote area and rent a cabin near the lake for a night in the wilderness (Steamboat Springs for example)

As you might be able to tell, my wife and I love Colorado and would not live anywhere other than here (everyone gets to choose where they want to live in the world and this is our choice for the obvious reasons - The Rocky Mountains ! ! ! ! )

We are looking forward to everyone joining us in Colorado ! ! ! !

Hawk.

There will once again be IBA rides and instant certs for those interested.

You have mail.

GZ

Hawk.

You have mail.

GZ
EXCELLENT! I encourage all fence sitters to run GZ's route - unless you really like waiting for certs... :rolleyes:

Instant gratification is best -

The first WFO I was chicken.

The second WFO I was a smart chicken.

Inbetween I ran two SS1k's - the first one I didn't read the rules, the 2nd one I did and still ain't got paper.

What George offers is truly amazing - run it and get the paper -

Don't understimate the value of this offer, folks..

Oh, hell yes! :yahoo:
Well, since I'm doing one (1143 miles) on the way there, and another on the way home, God willing, I'll just trust myself that I actually did it and spend more time in fellowship with the people I went there to see in the first place. Of course, I'll have no way to prove that I actually did it, but since I trust myself, I guess that's OK (with me, YMMV)....

I'll have no way to prove that I actually did it, but since I trust myself, I guess that's OK (with me, YMMV)....
Whether you get the certificate or not your penis still gets bigger! :clapping:

gypsy

I'll have no way to prove that I actually did it, but since I trust myself, I guess that's OK (with me, YMMV)....

gypsy
You and TC must be really close, eh? ;)

Insert plug here: Run GZ's rides for instant cert. If I can do it, anyone can.

gypsy
You and TC must be really close, eh? ;)

Insert plug here: Run GZ's rides for instant cert. If I can do it, anyone can.

For the most fun get back with only 3 minutes to spare just to watch GZ sweat! :D :D :D :D

We are in!! I love the Lake City and Black Canyon of the Gunnison area.

Tony

Count me in again. Park City and the whole trip was cool!

Vvrrroooooommmmmmm!

Oh, hell yes! :yahoo:
Well, since I'm doing one (1143 miles) on the way there, and another on the way home, God willing, I'll just trust myself that I actually did it and spend more time in fellowship with the people I went there to see in the first place. Of course, I'll have no way to prove that I actually did it, but since I trust myself, I guess that's OK (with me, YMMV)....
That's pretty much the way I roll. I have one complete set of documentation among all the 1000+ mile days I've had - signed witness on both ends, route map, all receipts, times, miles, and some pictures. It's in a folder in a desk, never to be turned in. I know I did it. I can look at the folder if I forget.

I'm considering a 1700 mile straight shot for NAFO-0 (computer scientist). If I do it, it'll be *way* more fun without the documentation. Plus, hearing "*bullshit*" is often a great way to start a conversation.

Plus, hearing "*bullshit*" is often a great way to start a conversation.

*snerk*

By the way, racer-boy, looks like there are some kart tracks in-and-about the area. Contact your NAFO Off Site Coordinator, fjrchik. Bring your Nomex... you're gonna need it. ;)

1315 miles from Lorain, OH - looks like IBA qualification for me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.