NAFO, Dates & City Secured!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the calendar. Thanks to all for setting this up. It will be my first FJR meet.
Don't they have winter meets/rides in CA? Surely they gotta have one before July. :)

Will be my first time meeting some of the left coast bastards riders as well. :)

See you there... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

First, thank you Tim and all who helped! :clapping:

Fat Tire! Yummmm my favorite! :drinks:

Googled the 1400 mile route home and it goes through roads I haven't seen, but meant to for 12 years...... oh boy!

And I told people at work today to stuff scheduling next year until I heard -- hehe now I can slip in tomorrow and put in a request for time off before anybody else.... :devil:

And the wife INSISTS I go this year with my new suspension thanks to Warchild. :coolsmiley:

Life is berry berry good!

:clapping: :clapping: [SIZE=14pt]ATTABOY, Tim!![/SIZE] :clapping: :clapping:

You did well, sir. Problem and frustration after issue and resignation...but you saw this through. I owe you a "round"...uhm, you drink Coca Cola?

As the event date gets closer it would be great to have stratagized routes and times for riders to link up and ride in as groups from different directions.
Like a thread could be started for riders starting from the north left coast will go through Reno at a certain time then SLC then Golden.

Just an idea?
I'f you go back and look at the WFO threads from last year you will find many people from all points of the compass who did just that. Yuu might also look at "Ride Planning" threads from the same time period and find the same thing was happening there.

Don't they have winter meets/rides in CA? Surely they gotta have one before July. Will be my first time meeting some of the left coast bastards riders as well.
Wheaton, is you're coming out here and no rides are planned...that could be corrected during your stay here. We don't have many good roads but there are some that you might enjoy.
Your choice would be: NorCal? SoCal? Coast? Mountains? Mixture?

...Wheaton, you're coming out to Golden, CO and parts therein .
We don't have many good roads but there are some that you might enjoy when you come out the year after next
As I will be a FJR virgin for the roads in the Rocky Mountains and points west...I am sure there will be many that I enjoy. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Colorado this year...California next. Patience grasshopper...

We're Golden...

Thanx for all the time and effort by ALL event planners. I'm in.

Starting to plan my after-NAFO trip to SLC, Custer Battlefield, Devil's Tower, Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, etc.

Golden? Damn, that's only an hours ride. That's just too close to home. We might have to take the long way there. Let's see, maybe we should go through Yellowstone on the way there, or possibly Vegas. This is gonna be fun!

biggjohn

Sounds good. Haven't been to Golden since I got drunk at the Coors factory in 1968. Was in Dennver in the USAF. :D

Are we there yet?

:clapping:

Looks like 1100 to 1500 miles up some roads I've travelled the last 2 years getting to Reno and Park City... count me in...

Tim, I don't know why, but your new avatar looks like it's telling of impending intestinal discomfort for the next 140 miles... is that the new equivalent of a "no restrooms for the next XX miles" ?

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
schwing :yahoo:

I've ridden west out of Golden and the roads are shweet, even the interstate is a engineer's dream. :D

I propose that no matter the logistical nightmare, all California riders should meet in Reno, take 50 across NV at 120 mph, and roll into Golden flying "the Bear flag" - en masse. Oh, never mind. What if someone hadda stop to pee? (Oooh. The "Golden" theme.)

Well, that is the only beer I ever got sick on during high school........
You never had Genesse Cream Ale then, I take it?
I tapped many a keg of Genny Cream in my yard when I was younger and poorer. I don't remember ever getting sick from it, but there are a lot of things i don't remember.

Oh, back on topic, Thanks Tim for pulling this together. I'll be there.

Tim, I don't know why, but your new avatar looks like it's telling of impending intestinal discomfort for the next 140 miles... is that the new equivalent of a "no restrooms for the next XX miles" ?
:lol:
That is the well known sign on Hwy.36 heading west toward Fortuna just outta Red Bluff, CA. In a car, that might mean intestinal discomfort. But on a bike, once you've ridden that road, it's more of a psycho-sexual arousal that it brings to mind. Truly GREAT road! And you know I say that mindful of the fact that you've ridden Monitor, Sonora and Ebbetts passes.

Last edited by a moderator:
As the event date gets closer it would be great to have stratagized routes and times for riders to link up and ride in as groups from different directions.
Like a thread could be started for riders starting from the north left coast will go through Reno at a certain time then SLC then Golden.

Just an idea?
Well, start a new thread. You could head-up the Western Ride-In/Out groups. ;
I'd be in for meeting up with some people. I'll be heading in from sac.

Can only concur with what's been said about CA36. It takes it's place among only a few roads that my SO and I have ridden that have caused us to quit for the day at their end. We rode from the Napa Valley over to CA1, up the coast to Rio Dell and 36 to Red Bluff. When we got to Red Bluff we noticed a motel across the intersection and, without a word, both headed for the motel parking lot -- enough for today. Actually, on the east end, the road gets into a kind of rythm that encourages you to look forward to the approach of the next corner and successfully dispatch it -- I think that's what tends to (sneakily) fatigue you (or, us, anyway).

Amother road like that has been ID3 south of Coeur d' Alene, east of Moscow, and the back road, P1, into Orofino. We've actually done that twice -- repeated it years later to verify, we really were that tired the first time. Yep, it was the road.....

Status
Not open for further replies.