NAFO web site - Registration Open Until July 20th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... you'd better plan on buying Iggy a big old buncha flowers and wear your best perfume if you want in through the back door...
Oh! :eek: I don't swing that way! :nono:

I'll keep my eyes open for that announcement work on getting the GF to commit to the plan! :)

How do I get on the fancy NAFO map?

Sent Warchild a PM.

Latitude: 30.3933

Longtitude: -86.4958

Destin, FL

zip - 32541

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, and I don't see a few people who have said they are going on the map as of yet.

RiderCoachLar

VFR Rider

+1

I know I paid up in March and have made hotel reservation. However, no balloon as of yet.

I'm just SSSSOOOOOoooooo sad! :(

Finally registered. And I'm bringing my own balloon.

0001-0302-2013-1346_SM2.jpg

[SIZE=8pt]Hey, um, on the down low, and just out of intellectual curiosity, I was, um, wondering, how many of you folks out there with '08's will be going to this event? Please PM me, as there's no need to bore the rest of the forum with such trivial matters. Thank you.[/SIZE]

Looks like I'm in! :yahoo: Pillion is still a ?

Is there a deadline for registration? Can I register myself now and add a Pillion Registration later?
Yes, but figure that we'll close registration about 30 days prior to the event (wait for the official announcement which should be PDS). If you push beyond that, you'd better plan on buying Iggy a big old buncha flowers and wear your best perfume if you want in through the back door...
Don't see an official announcement on the close of registration yet. Guess I'm still good, eh? :yahoo:

What is the appropriate method of adding a pillion after previously registering myself?

What is the appropriate method of adding a pillion after previously registering myself?
You want to transfer 10 minutes ago in another thread...and now you want to add a person? I'm a bit confused...but here goes.....

Keeping things simple and drama free is always the goal of FJR Meetings...so if you want to add a person go through the registration process and register them as a new person. When you both get to NAFO you can come in together and you'll get two bags instead of one.

See you in Golden. ;)

You signed up. Stick to your committment.No transfers.
You want to transfer 10 minutes ago in another thread...and now you want to add a person? I'm a bit confused...
Sorry Iggy, Let me clear it up.

I'm definitely planning on being there... in fact, with an additional registrant even. I "want to add" my GF.

But there are members that, despite all the best intentions, are no longer able to make it.

After reading others posts about refunds, I thought I'd ask about the transfer of registration as I could help out a fellow member who could not make it by buying thier registration. As it doesn't effect the financial committments or rational spelled out in TWN's policy statement Clicky!, I don't see why we would not allow transfers. Just my $0.02.

Sorry for the confusion! :sorry:

Jeff

As it doesn't effect the financial committments or rational spelled out in TWN's policy statement Clicky!, I don't see why we would not allow transfers. Just my $0.02.Sorry for the confusion! :sorry:

Jeff
It may not affect the financial commitments, but it does our (the organizers) sanity when we get comments like, "Hey, my shirt size is wrong! I bought my ticket from FJRFJRFJRFJRBob, who bought it from FJRFJRFJRFJRJane and he said that she said you would change the size for me! My fat ass won't fit into a small! I demand an XXXXXL!"

Look, we are a small group of volunteers who, believe it or not, have families, homes, jobs, other interests that we need to attend to as well. Trust me, if this were my only full-time job (and I might add: paying), I'd do double the hand-stands and back flips that I'm doing now for this event.

Further, we tried transfers at WFO-5 and it turned into a complete clusterfuck. In short, we simply don't have the staff or the time to effectively manage transfers. So, will we do 'em? Nope.

As a suggestion: For those of you who think/feel/pine for some other kind of policy, you are MORE than welcome to sign-up for duty for the next NAFO. See then, it's all yours to run as you see fit. Just one word of advice... check your medical insurance and make sure they have provisions for mental health care, as well. ;)

- TWN, Rally Master

register them as a new person.
Does the "Forum Handle", a required field, have to be valid? Can I register under my handle twice? Or do I just make one up for registration purposes?

And does this not skew the rider/pillion counts?

Jeff
What most folks will do for their pillion is simply put in the handle section, "MrsFJRGuy." We can pretty much figger out what that means, unless the gal you have on passenger seat is not your Mrs.

:lol:

As a suggestion: For those of you who think/feel/pine for some other kind of policy, you are MORE than welcome to sign-up for duty for the next NAFO. See then, it's all yours to run as you see fit. Just one word of advice... check your medical insurance and make sure they have provisions for mental health care, as well. ;)

- TWN, Rally Master

register them as a new person.
Does the "Forum Handle", a required field, have to be valid? Can I register under my handle twice? Or do I just make one up for registration purposes?

And does this not skew the rider/pillion counts?

Jeff
What most folks will do for their pillion is simply put in the handle section, "MrsFJRGuy." We can pretty much figger out what that means, unless the gal you have on passenger seat is not your Mrs.

:lol:
Hmmmmm........

Timmy is a might testy and we are 60 days out. Having some buttons pushed, are we? :dribble: :unsure:

How about registering the pillion/girl friend/SWMBO as MS. FJR Guy????? :blink: Or...FJRGuys Girl? Or....[SIZE=8pt]nevermind![/SIZE]

Timmy is a might testy and we are 60 days out. Having some buttons pushed, are we? :dribble: :unsure:
Who, me? Why, I'm just all peaches and cream! :)

Unripe peaches and sour cream perhaps? The stress of the job is beginning to show. This volunteer position is not for the weak of body or mind. Only the toughest competitors will survive this. We have NO DOUBT that TWN is the man for the job.

Jill

Status
Not open for further replies.