Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is hard work as I don't get out that much ;)   (and I don't take many pictures).

This was outside a coffee shop before changing timezones.  It has some distinctive features.  There was an event held nearby that some may remember and it was just weeks after I scored my '06 (not that earlier event that gained international attention).  I was traveling light.

7v3tAB2.jpg

Magnificent idea for a thread btw.

This is hard work as I don't get out that much ;)   (and I don't take many pictures).

This was outside a coffee shop before changing timezones.  It has some distinctive features.  There was an event held nearby that some may remember and it was just weeks after I scored my '06 (not that earlier event that gained international attention).  I was traveling light.

Magnificent idea for a thread btw.
I'm pretty sure that's the Olympic Jump Park in Park City Utah

Yes indeed-e.  Site of WFO 6 which I didn't technically "attend" (I lived just down the road) but got to ride with some folk.  In just one day we experienced 2 of the then current recalls.  One fellow lost his ignition switch that caused me to take on a passenger.  As I was going easy on the throttle we then experienced "the surge" in a big way.  Took me another year or two to learn my lesson on the ignition switch while passing through Walsenburg, CO.  Eternal thanks to Toecutter and DCarver for talking me though it.

Take it away Goodman4!

Next up:

If you don't get this at first, I have about 550 pictures from here...

I hope to respond slow if you jump on this one as I'm going for a New Years Day ride in a few minutes! The weather is crazy today. It's snowing 120 miles NE and to our west in SW MO.  It's in the upper 50's this morning here and will be mid 60's early this afternoon with clear skies.

I found it - not because I've been there but with the help of a Google search of the unique statuary.

Somebody who KNOWS this location should take it.  I hope to see this one day.

Edit:  Need a haircut?

O.K. here is a hint:

This 'route' appears on Google Maps crossing a large freshwater lake. During the crossing, you reach a point where no land is in sight. 

Wisconsin fans will know the name of the boat.

O.K. here is a hint:

This 'route' appears on Google Maps crossing a large freshwater lake. During the crossing, you reach a point where no land is in sight. 

Wisconsin fans will know the name of the boat.
If it's the one I'm thinking of, friend and I took it when we rode around Lake Superior in 2007. 

The crossing really gives a person a perspective of how great those lakes are.

Ok, I'm going for it... I know with the hint that's the Badger. So I guess with Google's help that is Ludington, MI. We drove through Ludington in 2018 when it was about 100 degrees, so we didn't go over to the dock.

Ok, I'm going for it... I know with the hint that's the Badger. So I guess with Google's help that is Ludington, MI. We drove through Ludington in 2018 when it was about 100 degrees, so we didn't go over to the dock.
@Goodman4. Correct! Ball is in your court.