Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lake Itasca, the Mississippi headwaters. As a Minnesota native I believe I was in the sixth grade when the family visited and I walked across the river.

IMG-8873.jpg

Next place:

I doubt anyone can get this from just the road pics, so I will post a better hint tomorrow or Monday. But just in case - this is one of the 5 most fun technical roads in the country in my opinion. 

As promised - here is a much better hint. You can stop at this store right before the road gets good:

I had to block out a few hints in the pic that would have made it easy. I also have pics of the sign in the background or the gas pump that would give it away. The number 489 is on several things but that isn't the road.

Since Thermopolis is the World's largest mineral hot springs and that matches the tourist info, I think that will be a safe guess. Pretty cool pic. Makes me sad Thermopolis was the part we cut out of our 2018 trip all over Wyoming and Colorado. 

Yes you are correct. My bud and I stayed in town on our ride to Minnesota last September but didn't have time to soak in the mineral water. I want to go back with my wife, it's a unique place.

Latest posts