Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd disagree regarding Hwy 128, as the Colorado River is not apparent in the picture, a dead giveaway for that road.

Dougie - I'd be surprised if this is CO 141.  Again, no river in sight (Delores River) and that road has more trees.

I'd disagree regarding Hwy 128, as the Colorado River is not apparent in the picture, a dead giveaway for that road.

Dougie - I'd be surprised if this is CO 141.  Again, no river in sight (Delores River) and that road has more trees.
You may be correct but you can't always see the river from the road. Reminds me of 141 traveling north to south.

Ahh 141, in my top 5 favorite mc roads in the USofA, great either direction.

Back to the game. Just for fun...

IMG-3614.jpg

Well Doug, I most assuredly stand (or ... type) corrected.  The answer was from a section of Hwy 141 that I did not ride.  I went south from the intersection of Hwy 90 to Cortez.

My most humble apologies, sir....

Well Doug, I most assuredly stand (or ... type) corrected.  The answer was from a section of Hwy 141 that I did not ride.  I went south from the intersection of Hwy 90 to Cortez.

Yep, this trip we went down from Grand Junction on 141 then crossed the La Sal into Utah on 90. If you get the chance to go back and do that section of 141 from N to S I think you’d enjoy it.
The section and direction matters for sure. We had first experienced 128 in Utah by driving 5-10 miles up the river from Moab and then returning. It was great, but I thought people over-reacted to it because it wasn’t that unusual. But then we took 128 from the north and did the whole section one year. It was amazing! Now both 128 and 141 are top tier favorites. 

Somewhere on the ET highway in Nevada.
Your close Ray but what town on earth are we in?

No need to apologize Mr Pants but you should add this section of 141 from Naturita to Grand Junction onto your bucket list. The last time on it was on my wing on my way back to visit you. I'd be real proud to meet you in Colorado so we can ride it (both directions) together.

Yep, this trip we went down from Grand Junction on 141 then crossed the La Sal into Utah on 90. If you get the chance to go back and do that section of 141 from N to S I think you’d enjoy it.
The section and direction matters for sure. We had first experienced 128 in Utah by driving 5-10 miles up the river from Moab and then returning. It was great, but I thought people over-reacted to it because it wasn’t that unusual. But then we took 128 from the north and did the whole section one year. It was amazing! Now both 128 and 141 are top tier favorites. 
My first time on the good section of 141 was on my FJR with a BMW buddy on a day we left Moab and rode Utah 46/ Co 90 to Naturita and went north. We had no idea of what a great motorcycle road it was, we do now.

I like it so much during NAFO 16 when I had my KTM 990 Supermoto with me I rode it north with Russperry and a south a few days later with Petey and a few others from the east coast.  Petey and I had a bit of fun for a while to say the least. Really glad there was no LEO's in the hood that day. Needless to say either direction is a blast.

There is a really nice small automobile museum in Gateway that is worth a stop, one of Richard Petty's race cars from the early 70's is there too. Good stuff.

I’m gonna’ guess Rachel, NV.

I rode by there last year, but don’t remember seeing the alien space vehicle.

Whole lot of open space along that stretch of road from Warm Springs...

I’m gonna’ guess Rachel, NV.

I rode by there last year, but don’t remember seeing the alien space vehicle.

Whole lot of open space along that stretch of road from Warm Springs...
Yes, beautiful downtown Rachel.  Next time stop in and check out the store as your bound to meet someone a bit odd there, it's a magnet for the strange and weird.

You're up if you care to post a picture

I’ll pass the baton as I don’t have a photo hosting site......

I seem to be the President of the local chapter of the Luddite’s Society.

biknflyfisher

Yes, been too long since I have been down that way. Need to change that this fall when it cools down.
This is a stunning but technical road, so be aware what you are getting into if you want to take the shortcut from Monument Valley up to 95 to get to Glen Canyon. Also don't forget to stop at Goosenecks which is right by this road as this was an earlier place I posted.

We compare all roads to this. When the wife says, "how bad is that road?" my usual answer is "well it isn't as bad as Moki Dugway." We don't like gravel on the goldwing and this was one of those bad choices that we were lucky to make it through unscathed. It's not all gravel but there is still plenty to be cautious of. 

This pic below she took right as I was tensing up from the drop off on the right and I target fixated on the ditch on the left and almost drove right into it. Couldn't have missed that gulley by more than an inch or two. I'm lucky she still rides with me after that day.

This is a stunning but technical road, so be aware what you are getting into if you want to take the shortcut from Monument Valley up to 95 to get to Glen Canyon. Also don't forget to stop at Goosenecks which is right by this road as this was an earlier place I posted.

We compare all roads to this. When the wife says, "how bad is that road?" my usual answer is "well it isn't as bad as Moki Dugway." We don't like gravel on the goldwing and this was one of those bad choices that we were lucky to make it through unscathed. It's not all gravel but there is still plenty to be cautious of. 

This pic below she took right as I was tensing up from the drop off on the right and I target fixated on the ditch on the left and almost drove right into it. Couldn't have missed that gulley by more than an inch or two. I'm lucky she still rides with me after that day.

Actually looks better than the Burr Trail.  Another one to add to the list to ride.

Actually looks better than the Burr Trail.  Another one to add to the list to ride.

Perhaps it's because your were two up on a Wing. I found it much easier than expected solo on my FJR but I'm used to gravel riding- like in my driveway! 

Target fixation sucks, that ditch would have been a handful.  Interesting road to say the least.