Need some quick advice - buy salvage?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Letting the junk man take it... I'm actually traveling while dealing with this, the bike is at the shop where the estimate was done, and charging storage, and the insurance co. was going to quit paying for storage, and I don't have a way to get it home for a bit, and I only came up with about $1000 of the $1600 in fairly firm offers in being able to part it, even counting the value of the bits I would keep.

Thanks for all the advice and thoughts though, and I am kinda bummed because I think either a rebuild or a teardown would have been a great learning experience for me, but reality is a losing $ proposition, and if I'm honest with myself I really don't have the time.

Good news is that I'm all OK, and I'm getting another black '08 2010 FJR on Saturday! I'll work harder to keep this one shiny side up :)

Thanks again,

-Brett

Buy it when I wrecked my 04 I bought the salvage title at first it was just to ebay the parts out (just had a cracked frame minor blemishes) someone can always use rims pipe engine parts ect.Use the money to put down on another bike. I got lucky my dealer purchased mine from and I made a significant profit in which I used for my 07 FJR.One mans trash is anothers treasure.I'm just saying.

Last edited by a moderator: