New RIFLE Windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I inserted an inner tube between the Rifle windshield and the outer "W" piece. In addition, I taped close the three open holes in the original windshield raise mechanism. Today's test up to 70 mph revealed no more whistling. Thanks for the help!

No whistling here but I have loud tinnitus in both ears and wear ear plugs so there's a good chance I wouldn't hear it anyway.

The weather finally was good enough,ice is rare on the roads and only a light rain, to take the FJR out and see just how good the new Rifle works. I'm one happy camper to say the least. :yahoo: No helmet noise and no buffeting when I take my hands off the bars. The latter was a real annoyance on a long ride.

Okay...you guys convinced me I need a Rifle, but is the only place to order one is from Rifle.com?
That's where I ordered mine. I called with a few questions and they were very pleasant to deal with. I ordered mine online on a Thursday and received it the following Tuesday well packed and in excellant condition.

Anyone know if the Rifle +3 will work on a Gen 2 with an N-Line dash? I thought I had read that it wont, but I can't find anything about it after searching.

I installed my Rifle +3 last Sunday. I was only able to take the bike out for a short spin as it was cold and snowing lightly, however I was very pleased at the improvement over the stock windshield. I could still look over the top of the windshield with no buffeting or wind noise. Another thing I noticed was that it was much easier to ride with the windshield in the highest position compared to the stocker. There was no distortion, very impressive product in my opinion.

Installes a +5 tall and +4 Wide Rifle screen last night. I made the decision after reading this review and subsequent posts - thank you for candid opinions. I sit at the right heigh to catch the turbulence of the corners of the OEM screen, the only place it was smooth was screen down and me hanging on above 60. Screen up on the interstates and moving along I found that hunching down 2" made a big difference but not for comfort. So I went for a big screen. Fantastic, epic, it was 32F but clear last night as I did a test run. Great in all positions. No whistling. Seemed warmer than the OEM screen, the temperature had dropped betwen the time I rode home from the office and my test ride but it felt warmer.

Went for an extended test today more miles and broader speed range. Really excellent. Went from low sun to nght, no issues with reflections, the wider screen seems to be partially shielding the hands. Took much longer for the cold to seep through. Weather was 36F, light winds. I noticed that the shock buffeting from oncoming traffic, big trucks, was much less.

This was a great change to make. Thanks Rifle for a great product. Thanks again for the candid observations.

Peter

Got my Rifle on today and WOW :dribble: HUGE difference. That's the first time I could hear my FJR at 70 MPH. Very smooth ride and knocks the cold down...A+

Am I glad SRT8 guided me to this post... I had started a thread to see what kinda shield I should go for but I'm finally enlighted....tks Srt8 and especially Big D for such an awsome and informative thread!

Hi to all.

I'm more or less the same size as Big-D,(6'3'' and a half)and I'm using the Vstream,which is 4'' longer than stock. I get

a lot of noise from the wind hitting my helmet;if I duck down about 2 or 3 inches the wind noise disappears.

I emailed Rifle, who suggested a +5 +4.Would this be enough? The Vstream is my third shield!Enough already!

Thanks.

Just installed my +5 yesterday. It is everything I have wanted in a windshield. At highway speed, no buffeting or back pressure and it is so very quiet.... Another happy Rifle camper here.

6'1" and inseam on the short side 30"-31" so long torso.

Finding the stock windshield completely inadequacy at speeds above 60 mph, I ordered the Rifle +5 this morning.

Now I just need to find a buyer for my Zumo 550 + XM antenna so I can pay for the thing.