North American Wild Card Moto-Tag Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't using a pic you already have against the "rules?" Didn't ride to get the tag, see..... Not trying to slow the game down, but if we start using on-hand pictures, all the bikes are gonna stay parked!
Yes, it's in the rules to not use file pictures. We each have to make the decision on just how recent is acceptable for a tag capture. If it was only the day before, I think I'd consider it ok, but really the idea is to go for a ride. If we start using file photos it defeats the purpose of getting us out for a ride for the new tag.

The muffler man tag was a bit limited. They aren't as common in many areas of the US and extra large figures in general might still be a challenge to many riders. At this point, when a tag has sat for a week or more, it's just nice to see it move on.

Not sure I want to ride down to Nellis AFB for military aircraft, at least today, but am thinking about what other options I have closer or on more fun roads.

Both photos were taken on Friday Sept. 15th during the Void Rally. I knew the current at that time was a muffler man and so intentionally got my bike in the bonus picture so I could use it. I used another photo from the same day in order to move the game. Any rule violation was unintentional and I apologize to anyone upset over it. I posted a ride report using the pics and realized I wanted to also post to the game and did so as soon as I realized I could do it from my work computer.

And there you go, you knew what the tag was and intentionally were trying to get it. That's completely fine. It was just the way you phrased it at the time that caused questions. No harm in posting a new tag from the same batch of photos.

Apologies for poor phrasing. Still adjusting to Smugmug instead of Photobucket and Ride report was first on my mind. I was hoping no one grabbed a mufflerman yet when we got the bonus list for the rally. I was hoping to make one stop do 2 things.

I agree the whole point is to get out and Ride and it's why I participate

And there you go, you knew what the tag was and intentionally were trying to get it. That's completely fine. It was just the way you phrased it at the time that caused questions. No harm in posting a new tag from the same batch of photos.
So what is the current tag?

Grab - Military Aircraft (on a stick) A7 Corsair.

New Tag - Something Historical relating to a town or city.

22549635_1760565580623408_7330134769517008429_n.jpg

Kennesaw House, Marietta, GA

Built as a cotton warehouse by John Glover in 1845, the Kennesaw House is one of Marietta’s oldest buildings. Dix Fletcher purchased the warehouse in 1855, and after remodeling it, opened the Fletcher House Hotel in its place. During the early years of the Civil War, the hotel was used as a Confederate hospital and a morgue. In addition, Andrews’ Raiders stayed in a second floor room on the evening prior to their theft of the steam engine, “The General.”

As the war was nearing its climax in July of 1864, the Union Army took over the building, and when General Sherman came through town on his “March to the Sea”, he did not burn the Fletcher House. Sherman spared the hotel because Dix Fletcher was a Mason and because his son-in-law, Henry Cole, was a Yankee spy. However, the fourth floor did catch fire as ashes from other burning buildings blew onto the roof, and the fourth floor was not rebuilt.

kenhouse1890s.jpg

How about - next, a quarry?

22491553_1759649534048346_3895558105078714525_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Grab - A quarry

New Tag - Any place advertising Pie, or with 'Original' in the signage.

No, it's not. This game does not require you to use a FJR. Use a scooter, your other bikes, the FJR, it's all good as long as you have a motorcycle/scooter/moped motorized two wheel vehicle in the pic. Trikes accepted too.

OCfjr,

I was only asking since I looked at the photo and thought, "Wow! he modified the heck out of that bike..." lol

Then I realized, it might not be an FJR...

Cheers!

S

That bike is a Super Tenere, but it has a modified fuel tank that has been expanded to hold 8.2 gallons and coated with LineX. I used to run 10.9 gallons with a 4.8 gallon fuel cell on the back, but my needs have changed.

Ding! Super Tenere has the unmistakable wraparound crash bars protecting that Yamaha badge, and the spoked off-road wheels.

OCfjr: Yours looks really small, however.
coolsmiley02.gif

It's just a little 1200.
blushing.gif
The crash bars are Rumbux, an integrated system of upper crash bars, engine crash frame and skid plate. More than a bit beefier than the OEM stuff. I'm the US importer. Sorry, nothing for the FJR at this time.
sorry.gif

I was on a long-ish ride yesterday and, as you can see, it was late in the day on my way home when I collected thess tag photos. While the word "Pie" is not on the sign, that is exactly what they are renowned for. Just like Mom's Pastries

2017-11-21_16.45.57.jpg

2017-11-21_16.46.25.jpg

2017-11-21_16.46.52.jpg

Assuming that the above bakery meets the tag criteria, a new tag for you (collected earlier on in yesterday's ride) is to find a local distillery. Micro distillers are popping up all over, so it shouldn't be hard to find one nearby.

WhistlePig is an interesting upstart in that they specialize in Rye Whiskey, which are very popular north of the 49th parallel, but just catching on in the US. The production facility is located down several miles of dirt roads in a converted Dairy Farm in west-central Vermont. They are now growing their own rye grain on premises, so they'll have "Grain to Glass" whiskey available as soon as it ages appropriately.

2017-11-21_13.54.49.jpg

2017-11-21_13.54.56.jpg

USA Today story on WhistlePig Farm