North Texas Feejers meet South Texas Feejers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtex1970

Reaction score
I was noticing all the activity in the DFW thread. Although somewhat quiet recently, I know we have a good contingency of Feejers in the Austin/San Antonio/Houston area.

Some of you may have heard of a place called Coopers in Llano, Texas. It's some pretty good BBQ and a good ride from almost all directions. (281 from the DFW area is a beautimus ride)

It would be cool to get about 40 Feejers up there at once!

Anybody interested? If so, start throwing out dates!

I like Saturdays: March 4 and 18, April 1 and 15

Since I'm an '06 waiter I'm not holding my breath for any of the posted dates, but you never know. Besides, maybe my showing up on my yzf600r wouldn't cause too much of a disruption.

Wonder if you might be able to help me out GTex? I've got a friend from Michigan who works during the week in Houston. We're planning a weekend trip to the Hill Country at the end of February. Right now his big struggle is finding a bike. He's looking for places to rent or maybe a good deal on a bike. I'm wondering if you might know of any places to rent in Austin since that would be an easy place to meet. Don't intent to hijack so PM me with any information you might have. Thanks.

If you are going to meet up with the dfw crew.....bring lots of bran muffins. Don't worry....they won't dissapoint. :lol:

Hey Odot, your obviously mad because you didn't get your Hooters fix this past Saturday.

All right, I'll meet you at Hooters if it will make you feel better.

Mark

Not going to happen for a week, buddy. I'm in washington d.c. right now about to head to toronto. I'll be jumping both coasts for the next five days working on my in flight sleep deprivation studies. Hooters are good. Bring that up next time.

Some of you may have heard of a place called Coopers in Llano, Texas.  It's some pretty good BBQ and a good ride from almost all directions.  (281 from the DFW area is a beautimus ride)
Coopers has been too fatty and the cuts of poor quality the last several times I've been. They have the rep, but have been slacking off over the past few years. :-(

There's Gruene (sp?) in the same area. And several other q jurnts that have not just the rep but also the continued quality if everyone's heart is set on q.

it's a weekend trip for N texans to meet central texans on their home turf. one of the weekend trips being discussed is a hill country ride. perhaps kicking off out of kerville.

April's tought for me because that's the Texas Two Step Rally. Working or riding, I'm committed to it as a top priority.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm all for you DFW guys making a weekend out of it and coming south to the Hill Country. The rides out of Leakey/bandera are the best I've seen in Texas. The South Texas/houston guys get together every so often for just such a ride. It would be cool to get some of the DFW bunch down here for some riding.

I've got one of my favorite BBQ places right here in my county. The Salt Lick in Driftwood is serving some of the best BBQ I've had in recent years. The ribs in partiular are very good. It's a huge place that oculd handle our group from 5-100 if needed. North texas and Houston guys cold come intoAustin,San Marcos or Blanco and stay a night and experience the Salt Lick then head out south and west for some great riding.

how's tax weekend looking for everybody?

It's been awhile since I have ridden the hill country. :( And I have not seen alot of the gang in awhile. :agent: So I will do my best to make any date. :assasin: I just need about 2 weeks notice so I can quite my job if they don't give me the time off. :argue:

FJR Bandit

Quit now....ride forever....till the cops catch you on your bank robbing spree.

I'm in we do it on the 15th. Never been to Cooper's but I do like BBQ, I've heard it's great.

Speaking of BBQ if your ever in Lockhart...

Lockhart BBQ

Sounds like the 15th is looking pretty good. We'll keep talking it up and try to get some plans going.

Lockhart is a great place for BBQ, and also very close to where I'm at. It's a little east of where I'm at, and not really headed towards the Hill Country.

I'd like to do a Friday night in Lukenbach! But, that would require some camping gear. Not exactly a Hotel in Lukenbach :) I've been riding out there several times, but real early on a Friday. And, even by 10 am you can tell it's a cool Friday afternoon/evening experience. you can't help but relax the instant you step off the bike in Luckenbach.

greg

I got a call from my dealer about my bike. He said I was in the March group, but as I looked at my schedule that month I offered to trade with an April person if anyone wanted to take delivery a bit earlier. Right now I'm sorta hoping I'll be able to head to Texarkana that weekend to pick up my Cobalt Blue beauty. I'll definately try to make the next Hill Country run work out though. I spent about 6 yrs living in and around Austin and love all the little towns out there. Wonder if the name of that BBQ place in Lockhart is Blacks? I worked in Maxwell for a few years and remember eating at a great place in Lockhart but can't remember the name.

Sander, I have eaten at Black's in Lockhart and it was very good.
Maybe we want to combine this with the Honda Sport Touring event in April at Kerrville?

TxHSTA

Mike
If we go to the HSTA meet, does anyone have a good place to set up so we can count the number of "accidents"? ;)