North Texas Feejers meet South Texas Feejers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barry, Todd, Greg and Scott - the April 14th plan sounds good to me. 
Daniel - can you make it?

Let's hook up and go.

I am going to call the Econo Lodge in Kerrville and make reservations today for Friday and Saturday.

Mike
Mike,

Did you make your reservations and what price did they quote?

Btw,

cell phone # is 979 299 9512

TTYL,

Scott

Greg,

Yep--got my Wimberly and Waverly mixed up! New Waverly is north of Houston. Sorry about that--that's what happens when I type faster than I think.

Scott,

Hope you can make it along with the others that are considering this. I know that it is Easter weekend which might keep some from attending.

Barry

Sorry guys, I won't be able to make this one. I'll have been at Mena for the T18 rally the weekend before, and that weekend is Easter, which is typically hectic for me because I've got to lector at a couple of masses that weekend. Hope you all have a blast though...

Hey Barry... good to see you posting... thought you might have fallen in a hole somewhere!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg,
Yep--got my Wimberly and Waverly mixed up!  New Waverly is north of Houston.  Sorry about that--that's what happens when I type faster than I think.

Scott,

Hope you can make it along with the others that are considering this.  I know that it is Easter weekend which might keep some from attending.

Barry
I had earlier indicated I would be interested, but as usual, too many commitments and not enough time. Ya'll have fun!

Jim

Guys, I just made a reservation online at this site HERE

Rate was $70/night for a non-smoking room with double beds and two people. I got the over-50 discount of a couple of bucks.

I booked the room for two nights. I called their office at 830-896-1711 and tried to make a deal over the phone but they wouldn't match the online rate.

I don't have a room mate at this point so if anyone is interested please post a reply and you can have the other bed for half the daily room rate.

First come - first served.

Scott, let's hook up to ride up there on Friday - others welcome.

Mike McNabb

Mike, Scott,

I also made a reservation for Friday and Saturday nights (4/14-15) at the Kerrville Econo Lodge. I am not working that Friday, so I can leave whenever you guys want--let me know your thoughts.

Sorry you can't make it Daniel--always fun to ride with you. I need to talk to you about your GPS set-up. I know you did a lot of research before you bought your Garmin 2610 and I'm thinking about the same unit--I'm planning a trip for early October to Deals Gap and I don't want to get lost!

Barry

Mi Casa es su Casa Barry... anytime you want to take a gander, feel free to stop by.

Mike, Barry, Todd,

I'd like to join you guys from Houston on Fri 04/14. Have been waiting to do this trip for a LONG time now. Haven't confirmed my hotel bookings - trying to burn up some Hilton points first if I can manage it.

What time are you planning to leave on Fri?

Mohan

Mohan, good to hear from you and you are welcome to join us.

I still have a bed left in my room so you can share with me if you want - lemmeknow.

We could meet around Noon on Friday out around Sealy or somewhere.

Mike

This thread should be in the Texas area, not the SouthWest. I think it was before the hack!

Geez! I cant tell who is going to be where except for a couple who are staying in Kerrville. Is there going to be a common meeting place on the 15th? For those in K'ville, the Cracker Bbl is purty good b'fast chow.

I guess meeting at the Saltlick is out (for us mackeral snappers it is a no go anyhoo.) Hope this materializes into a gathering of some kind on the 15th.

Russ, Tim, Barry, Mohann and I are heading up on the 14th. I think most of us are staying at the Econo Lodge in Kerrville.

Todd may be coming with us or later that day from League City.

I say we meet in Bandera at the OST for breakfast at 0800 on Saturday morning - what do the rest say?

Mike

How about the Houston guys meeting at the I10 rest stop at Brookshire that is a left exit to the area between the eastbound and westbound lanes at noon on Friday? Anyone plotting out a nice route to Kerrville to stay off the super-slab?

I second the motion to meet at the OST in Bandera on Saturday morning, but how about 9:00 instead of 8:00 for us late risers?

Barry

"Guys, do one of you guys going have a room to share if Todd from League City decides to go with us next weekend?

Mohan - do you have twin beds in your room?

Mike "

I do have reservations for a room with twin beds at the Hampton Inn in Kerrville;

Todd you're welcome to share the room with me so come on out!

The 1-10 Rest Stop @ Brookshire is fone with me -- 12 noon on Fri the 14th. Is this the rest stop past the Brookshire exit?

Also, how about a short 'warm up' ride tomorrow morning? Meet up around 8 & ride till noon somewhere in the NW/NE parts? Who's game?

Mohan

Mohan--I don't remember if the rest stop is just before or just after the Brookshire exit, but you can't miss it since it's a left exit into the large area between the eastbound and westbound lanes. Sorry, can't ride in the morning, but I was planning on a short blast in the afternoon or on Sunday some time. I got a new Hayabusa Limited Edition last December that is begging for some miles (I know, it's not nice to cheat on the FJR).

Russ--I guess I can get up a little earlier and get to the OST by 8:30--don't want them to run out of eggs! Are you planning on making it? How about you Barry? Sander?

Barry

E-FJR,

I will probably be there at the OST on Sat morning, I'm still trying to decide what to do on Friday though.

Anybody on here ride a Blue 05 through Castroville yesterday (Friday, April 7th)?

Sorry, can't ride in the morning, but I was planning on a short blast in the afternoon or on Sunday some time.  I got a new Hayabusa Limited Edition last December that is begging for some miles (I know, it's not nice to cheat on the FJR).

Barry
Barry,

What are your riding plans and where this weekend?

Might you make it Sunday and maybe I can tag along (if I can keep up with the Busa)? ;)

It depends on timing of course.

Scott

Lake Jackson

Barry, Scott,

Mind if I join? I was planning to ride Sunday morning but could change plans if you guys plot an alternate. I know of a route that meanders around the Lake Livingston area....Iam also totally open to try other ones.

Let me know what shapes up.

Barry, I'll send you my cell# by PM for a quicker way to communicate.

Cheers!