North Texas Feejers meet South Texas Feejers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can make it for late in the day on Saturday, I might could make it. I'm 300 miles from Kerrville and have to work til noon on Saturdays. Keep firming up plans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the Houston guys planning to do this in one day, or spend a night? I'd have a hard time spending a night, but would consider a one day out-and-back trip.

BTW, in April you'd have to put up with me on my ST1300 (if not sold yet) or my Goldwing. I'm in the May delivery pool on my FJR on order.

The date for this gettogether seems kinda stalled.....April 15th would be a great day. I second the motion about skipping Coopers in Llano (there shop in Mason is better but out of the way) and really like the Saltlick. It is close to everyone and there are some good roads around there, not too far to Fred'sburg and Luckenbaugh and then on to Leaky and the Sisters. No experience with Blacks.

Lets keep this thing alive!

OhOh, problem with 4/15.....the next day is Easter Sunday. Not a problem for me since I live in the Hills but might be for the DFW/Houston riders.

OK,

I'll start getting ready :bb2: :butcher: to request 4/15 off :argue: . Where are we meeting at and at what time? :confused:

FJR Bandit

How about, Salt Lick at 5-6ish on Friday night. Then off to Luckenbach until we feel the need to sleep. then to fredisburg where we all have hotel rooms. Then Saturday it's off to Leakey and the 3s? latecomeres could just make it to Fredisburg on Friday night and/or hook up with us in the morning. We could even make the standard 9am breakfast at OST in Bandera.

just a beer soaked suggestion...might not make much sense when I sober up :)

It will be a one dayer for me. I can meet you guys at OST on the 15th. Unless, I meet you at Saltlicks and go straight to SA for the night. If I get the 14th off.

FJR Bandit

Can I tag along with you Mike? Anybody else leaving from Houston?

If we can't come to a concensus I am taking the 14th off and heading for Big Bend via the Hill Country. Just in case anybody is interested in coming along.

Mike & Greg,

I'm still up for going on April 14th. Would like to leave Houston midday on Friday and get to Kerrville late afternoon (Greg-we could connect with you mid-afternoon in New Waverly like last time). Meet up with everyone at the OST in Bandera at 9:00 am on Saturday and ride the 3's. Head back to Houston late morning on Sunday. Sound familiar?

Barry

Mike & Greg,
I'm still up for going on April 14th. Would like to leave Houston midday on Friday and get to Kerrville late afternoon (Greg-we could connect with you mid-afternoon in New Waverly like last time). Meet up with everyone at the OST in Bandera at 9:00 am on Saturday and ride the 3's. Head back to Houston late morning on Sunday. Sound familiar?

Barry
Is there another Greg? Or did I got to New Waverly and not remember it? :)

Barry, Todd, Greg and Scott - the April 14th plan sounds good to me.

Daniel - can you make it?

Let's hook up and go.

I am going to call the Econo Lodge in Kerrville and make reservations today for Friday and Saturday.

Mike

gtex1970,

Aren't you the Greg that rode down from Buda and met me in New Waverly last October 14th and then we rode together to Kerrville? Maybe I was dreaming.

Mike,

I'm in for sure. I'll stay at the Econo Lodge in Kerrville as well. Let me know your timing for leaving the Houston area.

Barry

gtex1970,
Aren't you the Greg that rode down from Buda and met me in New Waverly last October 14th and then we rode together to Kerrville? Maybe I was dreaming.
Barry, I think he is the same Greg that hooked up with you and eventually rode with us later on that weekend.

Hope to make this ride with you and others Barry.

Barry, Todd, Greg and Scott - the April 14th plan sounds good to me. 
Daniel - can you make it?

Let's hook up and go.

I am going to call the Econo Lodge in Kerrville and make reservations today for Friday and Saturday.

Mike
Mike,

I do hope to make this ride.

In the meantime, everyone ride safe and I hope to see as many FJRs together again in the Hill Country.

TTYL,

Scott

I remember meeting Barry in Wimberly. But, I don't recall ever being to, or even knowing of, New Waverly?

I remember meeting Barry in Wimberly. But, I don't recall ever being to, or even knowing of, New Waverly?
Greg,

You are correct. I did not catch that either.

I think since Barry is getting old he must have had a brain fart. :D

Mike (FJRMGM) called your cell phone using mine while we had stopped to take pictures in front of the rock dome (Enchanted Rock) near Fredericksburg. I think you were waiting for Barry to meet up with you in Wimberly eventually that day or the next?.

Hope to ride with as many FJRs as we can round up for the Hill Country ride being planned.

Later on....

BTW, my cell phone number has changed and is 979 299 9512.

Scott

Last edited by a moderator: