North Texas Feejers meet South Texas Feejers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott,
Do you want to ride tomorrow?  Any time and any place is okay with me.  Let me know your thoughts.

Barry
Barry,

Got a call from my younger brother in Pearland that needs my help around noon time, so I guess I will not make it Sunday. If I do get to ride tomorrow, it will have to be late in the day after I finish up in Pearland, cause I am taking care of some kids spending the night with my daughter till the parents pick them up in the morning.

Sorry for the false hope of me getting a ride in along a Busa. I should have known better. :angry:

Maybe next time,

Scott

Guys - instead of meeting at the rest stop west of Brookshire on I-10 how about we go a little further west and meet at the McDonalds in Sealy at I-10 and HW 36 at noon?

That way we can gas up and get something to eat and drink somewhere in Sealy and only make one stop.

What say you?

Todd - I purchase a throttle body sync tool last Friday so if you want to get together to sync yours give me a call on the cell phone.'

Mike in Friendswood

cell 832-248-6502
Thanks Mike. I am supposed to be getting my plastics back from the body shop tomorrow so I will be busy putting the bike back together and installing my new sliders Tuesday night. I need to do the plugs when I do the TB sync so it will probably have to wait until next week sometime.

It doesn't look like I am going to be able to make the Hill Country trip. Hopefully we can schedule some more 3 day weekend trips over the summer.

Todd

713-410-0001

Hey Sander,

I hope you make it up to the OST Sat. I cant do anything on Fri or Sun but have Sat 'off.' I do need to try to hook up with a buddy of mine from AZ who is going to be in Kerrville for the BMW rally. May meet him somwhere on the Sisters or at the museum for lunch. We haven't finalized yet.

Russ

Mike,

I'm okay with meeting up at noon on Friday at the McDonalds in Sealy. Looks like its going to be you, me, and Mohan coming from Houston and at least Russ and Sander meeting up with us at the OST at 8:30 on Saturday morning. The weather is looking okay--might be a little warm.

Barry

I'll meet you all noon at McDonalds in Sealy. That lets me sleep in a bit in the morning :) Any route to Kerrville planned yet?

Tim, Barry and Mohan -

cool, sounds like the plan then to meet at the McDonalds at HW 36 and I-10 in Sealy Friday at Noon.

Weather is supposed to be in low 80's and mostly sunny to cloudy so I'd say: "Let's Ride"..

Mike

cell 832-248-6502

Tim--glad you're going to make it--haven't seen you since the TBS party at Dan's house.

Mohan--didn't mean to run off and leave you on Sunday, but I got a little carried away playing with those 4 sport bikes that came up on us on 762 and before I knew it I was halfway back to Houston on 59. I slowed down to see if you would catch up, but I never saw you.

I'll plot out a route for everyone's consideration when we meet up in Sealy.

Barry

Mike,Barry & Tim,

Just waiting to get out of NYC & head back home for the ride...:>

See you all tomorrow (Fri) noon at the McDonalds @ HW 36 and I-10 in Sealy.

Barry,

My last glimpse was of the GXR's & R1's scrambling to keep up with your 'busa on 762! Iam glad you had a good ride back...I got home later that afternoon :)

Any last minuters joining us??

Mohan

Cell # 713-446-5952

ya'll have fun. Looks like I'll be missing the ride I initiated :-( ....

to make matters worse I'll be on one of these 2 wheelers that require me to power it :-( I'll probably croak tomorrow.

Women????

FYI, I'll lso be in Kerrville tonight at the Econo Lodge. look for a jeep with a couple bicycles strapped to the back instead of my 05 Blue Feejer.

Tomorrow, look for guy that looks like he's dying :)

FYI, there will be a lot of bicycles in the hill country tomorrow. you guys might try to find the routes. They aren't posted on teh bike ride web site yet.

otherwise I'd post a link.

ya'll have fun!

greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back from the Tax Day ride in the Hill Country, and Saturday breakfast at OST in Bandera. Several of the participants had cameras, so post up when you can. I think a good time was had by all. We rode a good cross section of the roads south of Kerrville, some of them twice because they were so much FUN! Visited the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum in Vanderpool, and just had a generally good time. Hope all the folks that took the long way home had a good time on the backroads. Mohan and I made good time in getting back to the Houston area running about 80-85 on I-10. Good to finally meet Russ and Sander and also to see friends from previous rides!

I hope you all had fun while I was pedalling my butt up those hills outside of Kerrville. I at least got to see some of the boys and their Feejers at the Econolodge :) I definitely would have preferred to be on the FJR, but I think I earned some brownie points with the misses by riding the bicycle instead.

please post your picture to rub it in some more :)

greg

Ride was good - total of seven of us FJR owners met Saturday morning in Bandera.

Sanders GTS 1000 was interesting to look at at the OST.

I will post some pictures tonight or tomorrow.

Barry, Scott and I had a nice meandering trip back Sunday thru Fredericksburg, Willow City loop, Johnson City, Wimberly and others. Scott left us east of Johnson City.

The first tank of gas coming back Sunday I drove 232.8 miles on 4.52 gallons at 51.5 mpg. We were running 65-75 on hilly back roads.

Forgot to mention - the new Wilburs suspension was really nice on those bumpy, lumpy back roads. Much better ride and worth the money and effort.

LONG LIVE THE FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, hate to tell you this, but Scott and Barry decided to add a gallon of gas to your tank at every stop when you went inside to use the facilities. If you had to fill up again on the way back you'd have been in the low 70's............ :D

Back from the Tax Day ride in the Hill Country, and Saturday breakfast at OST in Bandera.  Several of the participants had cameras, so post up when you can.  I think a good time was had by all.  We rode a good cross section of the roads south of Kerrville, some of them twice because they were so much FUN!  Visited the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum in Vanderpool, and just had a generally good time.  Hope all the folks that took the long way home had a good time on the backroads.  Mohan and I made good time in getting back to the Houston area running about 80-85 on I-10.  Good to finally meet Russ and Sander and also to see friends from previous rides!
Hey Tim,

Thank you very much for the meal at the YO Ranch presidential table. I will pick up your tab at Hamburger Wednesday next week if you show up and if I get to make it there as well.

The drinks and food were very good and filling.

I had a great time hanging with all of you FJR riders and meeting other riders in Bandera and beyond. The riding was awesome as usual with great views.

The lucky seven FJRs at the motorcyle museum ought to be a great photo.

Mike, got pictures?

Mohan and Barry,

You both ride way too fast for me, but you do give me an opportunity to increase my cornering speed sometimes. Mike's pace is more my speed these days.

Let's see, it was good to see Russ, Mohan, Sander, Barry, Mike, Tim, David and his daughter and Greg (even though he was hanging with his better half). Greg, you know the saying, if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy (or somethin' like that)!

Now we need to plan a Ride to Eat towards the northern forested areas for the Houston area riders.

Ride was good - total of seven of us FJR owners met Saturday morning in Bandera.
Sanders GTS 1000 was interesting to look at at the OST.

I will post some pictures tonight or tomorrow.

LONG LIVE THE FJR.
Yo Mike,

Got pictures?

You gonna' make it to Burger Wednesday?