Now THAT'S an airhorn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks perfect for the left slider...thanx much Alex...

EH-B2V2.jpg

Yep, those look pretty good. I put a set of Howards Hog Horns on my Harley. 140+ db. Oh yeah!! Too bad that rig wouldnt fit on the FJR, at least not without some major surgery. They looked a lot like the rig you had pictured. I have seen some compact ones in the aerostitch catalog that would probably fit. Looks like they use the same compressor, but with the horn trumpet molded onto the compressor. It would be a tight fit under the forks, but I think it is possible.

https://www.hornblasters.com/products/details.php?i=psychoblasters-v2-electric-air-horn-kit

Quote from it's description - "Use this product in a safe and responsible manner, at a distance of at least 100 feet from others." and "It is the consumer's responsibility to comply with local noise ordinances and D.O.T. sound level laws."

(drool....)
It may be a great product, but who writes this stuff "WARNING: HORNS PRODUCE EXTREME LOUDNESS".

Just reading sentences like that makes my head hurt.

I still think a stebel may be your best bet. At least you can find a mounting location. Where the heck would you mount 12" air horns?

And wouldn't that be a sight??

Ya know, there is a company out there that sells train horns. 160db, ears bleeding. Can you imagine the panicked cagers when you toot that sucker? Now that'd be some fun!

Best Bang for the Buck with a Plug & Play Install! Hella Super Tones. It gets their Attention Real Quick. Even the people with the Stereo Blasting and an ear Full of Cell Phone. Just Sayin' :)

If you need the DB's fit for the Pacific Railroad, Just go ahead and give Patriot a Call! :lol:

Best Bang for the Buck with a Plug & Play Install! Hella Super Tones. It gets their Attention Real Quick. Even the people with the Stereo Blasting and an ear Full of Cell Phone. Just Sayin' :)

If you need the DB's fit for the Pacific Railroad, Just go ahead and give Patriot a Call! :lol:
I assume the Hella needs a relay? Where is the best (easiest) place to put it?

Ross, No Relay Needed. I PM'd Just Roy for His Infinite Electrical GURUness and he said that They Pulled about the same amount of Juice as the Originals. ;)

He told me to just Install them as is, I Obeyed and He was Right!! I owe him at Least a Couple Cases of his Favorite Beer for that! :D

You Have a GenII, It'll work for You Too. All You'll have to do is Dremel a Little Notch in the Black Inner Wheel Well for the Right Hand Horn Due to the Larger Diameter.

The Left Side will Fit Perfectly as is. PM me and I'll Walk you through it! It was a Piece of Cake! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Supertones fit in the stock location on my '09 with no alterations required. Used an Eastern Beaver harness and mounted the miniature relay on the left side behind the glove box with some double sided tape. No problems and as mentioned will wake up the occasional driver tuned into their cell phone instead of their driving.

Dennis

I'd love to be able to fit those horns somewhere on the bike without resorting to slider mounting (sorry Patriot - it's just not for me :blink: ). So I had to settle for the loudest option that will fit on the bike. Click here for my Stebel Nautilus Horn installation.

I do have the Hadley Bully 910 horn system installed on my truck, but it's waay to big to fit on the FJR unless I bolt parts onto the fairing. It sure would wake up the cell phone yacking cagers!

Supertones fit in the stock location on my '09 with no alterations required. Used an Eastern Beaver harness and mounted the miniature relay on the left side behind the glove box with some double sided tape. No problems and as mentioned will wake up the occasional driver tuned into their cell phone instead of their driving.

Dennis
Wow, That's great. I guess the '09 Black Plastic Wheel Well is Configured a little differently than the '06. :)

Loud as Hell for the $$$ and the ease of Install Aren't They? :D

I had those air horns in a car years ago. Biggest let down is the delay it takes for the compressor to feed a good blast. You could get run over by a sleepy cager in the time it took.

I think I'm gonna get a boat airhorn and velcro it to the tank. I'll still use my steibel, but for those times when you are right next to someone texting, or eating, or PWT you can aim it at them and let er rip.

Ross, No Relay Needed. I PM'd Just Roy for His Infinite Electrical GURUness and he said that They Pulled about the same amount of Juice as the Originals. ;)

He told me to just Install them as is, I Obeyed and He was Right!! I owe him at Least a Couple Cases of his Favorite Beer for that! :D

You Have a GenII, It'll work for You Too. All You'll have to do is Dremel a Little Notch in the Black Inner Wheel Well for the Right Hand Horn Due to the Larger Diameter.

The Left Side will Fit Perfectly as is. PM me and I'll Walk you through it! It was a Piece of Cake! :yahoo:
I looked up some specs on the Hella horns. I noticed that they were supplied with a relay and that they are rated at 72 watts (6 amps @12 volts). I have no idea of the watt rating of the stock horns but I would probably go with the relay unless I knew for sure how the ratings actually compared. In any case, I'll keep my eyes open for these. With earplugs in riding down the highway, I can barely even hear the stock horns when I use them!

Edit: Found a forum reference that says 3 amps each for the stock horns so there shouldn't be a problem assuming the Hella spec is for the two horns, not one.

I looked up some specs on the Hella horns. I noticed that they were supplied with a relay and that they are rated at 72 watts (6 amps @12 volts). I have no idea of the watt rating of the stock horns but I would probably go with the relay unless I knew for sure how the ratings actually compared. In any case, I'll keep my eyes open for these. With earplugs in riding down the highway, I can barely even hear the stock horns when I use them!

Edit: Found a forum reference that says 3 amps each for the stock horns so there shouldn't be a problem assuming the Hella spec is for the two horns, not one.
majikmaker said he plugged them in without the relay and they worked fine... dangit... another farkle I must have. Wonder if I can get them in before EOM...

Edit: gonna be close... estimated delivery is 20 Sept but they are on the way!

Yeah, My original horns were making me Very nervous, even at the beginning. Then After a couple of Pucker Moments when some Jackasses decided to change lanes while I WAS RIGHT THERE! :eek:

I researched everything I could get my hands on about Horns. Found out that Very Few were Louder and after PMing Just Roy, he did the electrical math in his head and said: Just Put Them In! :D

I'm Very Very Happy with Them. It's Nice to have Electrical Friends! :clapping: