Now THAT'S an airhorn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
majikmaker said he plugged them in without the relay and they worked fine... dangit... another farkle I must have. Wonder if I can get them in before EOM...

Edit: gonna be close... estimated delivery is 20 Sept but they are on the way!
Yep!! The Relay is what I PM'd Just Roy about. If I had to, I would have done it with a verbal walk though of Course,

But, I was pleasantly surprised when he told me I didn't need it. They sucked about the same juice as the originals and I was good to go!! :yahoo:

If you don't get them before the EOM, Don't worry! They'll be worth the wait. You are Going to Love Em! :lol:

Just for the Hell of it, I ask my riding Buddies to Honk their Horns and then I Honk Mine and It's always the same look of HOLY CRAP!! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
majikmaker said he plugged them in without the relay and they worked fine... dangit... another farkle I must have. Wonder if I can get them in before EOM...

Edit: gonna be close... estimated delivery is 20 Sept but they are on the way!
Yep!! The Relay is what I PM'd Just Roy about. If I had to, I would have done it with a verbal walk though of Course,

But, I was pleasantly surprised when he told I didn't need it. They sucked about the same juice as the originals and I was good to go!! :yahoo:

If you don't get them before the EOM, Don't worry! They'll be worth the wait. You are Going to Love Em! :lol:

Just for the Hell of it, I ask my riding Buddies to Honk their Horns and then I Honk Mine and It's always the same look of HOLY CRAP!! :rolleyes:
Here's hoping i don't need to take a dremel to my 08 for the install... :unsure:

Here's hoping i don't need to take a dremel to my 08 for the install... :unsure:
Don't worry. If you have to, It'll only be a small notch to accommodate about 1/8th of the 5" Diameter Horn. It won't be bad. If you don't want to Cut,

The Set comes with four 3 inch long flexible metal links to extent the horns inward if you'd like. If you're handy with tools in tight places, It can be done.

I chose to Cut because it was Waaay Faster to get it Done. I wanted to RIDE NOW!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The relay/no-relay question for the Hella Supertones puzzles me. The manual says 3A for the OEM horn - not clear if that's for each or both. The Supertone packaging clearly says "2x5.5 AMP". 11A is way beyond 3A or 6A. I'd normally assume the 3A-for-one-or-both question on the stock horns is rendered moot by the preceding except for the inconvenient fact that there obviously are folks running the Supertones without the relay.

Is there maybe excess capacity on the fuse feeding the horns?

And which fuse is it, if anyone knows? I've rummaged thru the manual and if the info is there, it eluded me.

Thanks Wfooshee.

Guess I should've guessed that: horn, signalling and all - duh. Guess I'll tempo hook up to the stock wiring, shake up the neighbors and see if the fuse blows.

Had a Howard's horn on my FJ1200...if I could figure out how to mount it on the FJR without it looking like Patriot's [sorry Chief] I would put it on in a New York minute-It let out the most Godawful shriek..