NY - Adirondack's Ride June 14th 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All,Just a couple of specifics;

1. Please arrive at the Circle Diner Saturday morning with a full tank of gas. We have a planned fuel stop at around 200 miles in Lake Placid. We are planning a potty break (the morning coffee won't make it to lunch) just South of North Creek. Any one with a smaller gas tank can fill up here.

2. We will hand out modified road maps (not that anyone will need them) of the entire ride, at Saturday morning's breakfast.

3. Because of the size of our group, we will split it up into (3) groups. Iris will lead one, I will lead one, and our friend Dave "the Brit" will lead one. We all have Auto-com and will be able to communicate with one another (hopefully). It would be nice however for anyone that also has communication to offer to ride at the end of one of the groups. This way the lead person can communicate with the last person in the group (sounds good).

4. We encourage everyone to ride at there own pace. If you feel like you are lagging behind the person in front of you, and the person behind you seems to be right on your (you know) then feel free to wave the one behind you by. Keep in mind, we will not leave anybody behind. We just want each individual to ride where they are comfortable.

5. We are planning a total of (6) stops. (1. Scenic lookout, 2. Potty break, 3. Lunch break, 4. Coffee break & gas, 5. Potty break and 6. Dinner break. Oh and yes Starbucks back in latham.

This is going to be fun.

Jim
You old people pee a lot! :lol:

Sorry I can't make this one, have a great time.

Tom

3. Because of the size of our group, we will split it up into (3) groups. Iris will lead one, I will lead one, and our friend Dave "the Brit" will lead one. We all have Auto-com and will be able to communicate with one another (hopefully). It would be nice however for anyone that also has communication to offer to ride at the end of one of the groups. This way the lead person can communicate with the last person in the group (sounds good).

Jim
Jim,

What kind of transceiver are you using? Citizens Band or Family radio? I'll have CB.

I have to hightail it home around 2pm, which I hope is at the end of Tracy Road. I will probably turn around at the end of Tracy Road and double back to the interstate.

Thanks to you and herfjr for setting this up!

See you Saturday.

Bill

I'm pretty sure them folks are all running GMRS, Bill. As per Haulin' Ashe, they are not compatible with CB... as much as you wanted to run in the back. ;)

Jim, I am running a Chatterbox but really do not wish to run in the back of the pack. Also of note, I think the chatterbox's range is somewhere around 1/4 to 1/2 mile. It isn't very far.

Funny, I've rode with both of you before & don't remember who is faster. Is it you or is it Iris? Perhaps you are equal but you're the more lucky one (ticket-wise that is) I think that I remember you running fairly even.

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of transceiver are you using? Citizens Band or Family radio? I'll have CB.

I have to hightail it home around 2pm, which I hope is at the end of Tracy Road. I will probably turn around at the end of Tracy Road and double back to the interstate.

Bill

Bill,

We have Auto-com with a Kenwood (2watt) transceiver. I don't think it's Family radio, cuz I used a couple of cuss words on there :lol:

It's going to be close, being at Tracy Road by 2:00PM. Tracy Road is a great twistie.

Funny, I've rode with both of you before & don't remember who is faster. Is it you or is it Iris? Perhaps you are equal but you're the more lucky one (ticket-wise that is) I think that I remember you running fairly even.
Our riding styles are closely matched, unlike our down hill skiing (I can't hold a candle to her)

...Kenwood (2watt) transceiver....
We should be sure if we are counting on radios to have front - middle - back radio riders if possible. Also the radio users should get together at some point to get the frequencies and channels straight. My old Cobra channel 6 frequency might be Kenwood's channel 14. I know the Chatterbox GMRS (X-2?) has at least the same 1st six channels as my Cobra.

Also I will volunteer to ride sweep with one of the groups if we can get the radios straight. Today I put new Roadsmarts on front and rear - let's wear them puppies out and [SIZE=18pt]RIDE![/SIZE] :yahoo:

As I suspected, my high jumper has qualified herself for the New England regional track meet in Saco, Maine on Saturday. I will therefore be unable to attend. :angry:

Have a great time, everyone. And ride safely.

As I suspected, my high jumper has qualified herself for the New England regional track meet in Saco, Maine on Saturday. I will therefore be unable to attend. :angry:
Have a great time, everyone. And ride safely.
Well, you miss the ride, but that's pretty cool. Good luck to you both at the regional.

I'm working my ass off to make this ride - was at my desk at 5:22am yesterday - looks like I'll be burning the midnight oil again tonight. My new Cee Baileys sheild is on the FedEx truck right now and will be here tomorrow - want to try to squeeze in a throttle sync too, but that looks doubtful. Launching out of here Friday at noon if all goes as planned. :hyper:

See you at dinner on Friday!

VH

All,Just a couple of specifics;

................5. We are planning a total of 6 stops (1. Scenic lookout, 2. Potty break, 3. Lunch break, 4. Coffee break & gas, 5. Potty break and 6. Dinner break. Oh and yes Starbucks back in latham and then 1 more Potty Break!!!!.

This is going to be fun.

Jim
You old people pee a lot! :lol:

Sorry I can't make this one, have a great time.

Tom
Who's old? We just drink alot of coffee, that's all....

As of Wed. June 11....... head count for Friday

Friday's Headcount (so far as I know) here's the list of peeps:

Geezer

Luvtoride

Nice Rumble

Jmarran

ZOOOMM

herfjr

MartyA and Sally

fjrjon

revlimitbounce

Dave the Brit

Alex

Matt

Tim05fjr and Cheryl

RacinRay

Saturday's headcount (so far)is as follows.......

Geezer

Luvtoride

Nice Rumble

Jmarran

ZOOOMM

herfjr

MartyA and Sally

yellowmagnaman

Mr. Bill

S76

RacinRay

Tim05fjr and Cheryl

Conrad and Judy

ShawnKing & Mrs.

DailyCommuter

fjrjon

VanHarlan

revlimitbounce

road runner and

friend with Busa

Our friend Dave the Brit

Alex

Matt

Todd

FJrider1 ?

Greg E ?

Let me know if you have edits to this list, and I'll update again......

Sorry to hear that you can't make it Fred. She better win now :)
Now that would be VERY nice. (but she's only a sophomore this year) This one is mostly a trip to get her feet wet, so that she won't be as nervous next year if/when she does have a chance of winning. Her PR this year is 5'5". Another inch and she will qualify for Nationals.

Add me and Cheryl to Friday's list.

We will be heading up tomorrow as soon as I can get out of work.

Will be @ Sweet Sue's Friday am.

Tim

Friday Dinner seems likely at Ruby Tuesday's in Latham at around 7ish. For those that can't make dinner, we plan on going to Starbucks (right down the road from Ruby Tuesday's) after dinner.....like around 8pm.
I don't want to stomp on anyone's plans, but I would like to host a cocktail hour after dinner at my house if anyone is interested. I live less than 1/2 mile from Ruby Tuesday's in Latham so I'm walking distance from the Super 8 and Microtel.

I was thinking ice cold beer on the deck. I'll supply the beer, you can bring booze if you prefer and perhaps your favorite cigar. (If its warm enough you can jump in the pool.)

I know its last minute...anyone interested????

Oh yeah, I think I'll be making the Friday ride as well as Saturday!

To case or not to case, ...

…Not to redirect the question above, but I would like to know if most of the participants will be with or without luggage on these two trips, just wondering, I like to travel on anything longer than 200 miles with the top case and repair kit, with the two side cases engaged also, …etc, but if this is mostly going to be a bag less ride I will also leave the bags behind…?

Interested in who will be bagging or not-bagging these two rides…

FJR Jon