NY - Adirondack's Ride June 14th 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
& the best part of it is I'll be staying there!

Heidi

Hi Everyone!

Jim and I were just talking about taking Friday (June 13th) off too and heading down to the Catskills. If you want to meet us at Sweet Sue's for breakfast....let's see if that's do-able. Then we can ride around the Catskills all day.

-Iris

Hi Everyone!
Jim and I were just talking about taking Friday (June 13th) off too and heading down to the Catskills. If you want to meet us at Sweet Sue's for breakfast....let's see if that's do-able. Then we can ride around the Catskills all day.

-Iris
I'm sure this has nothing to do with the free beer at Geezer's... :rolleyes:

Hi Everyone!

-Iris
I'm sure this has nothing to do with the free beer at Geezer's... :rolleyes:
For breakfast? Sheesh, that's pretty early to crack one open, even by my standards. :dribble: :blink: Our route should take us through the Catskills around lunchtime, so if we see a chain of FJRs go by in the other direction, we're just going to turn and follow... :yahoo: ...and hope we end up in Latham by dark.

Hi Everyone!

-Iris
Hi Kids!

You guys going down Thurs night or just being oily boids Friday morning? What time is breakfast and is that Sweet Sue's in Phonecia?

Hi Everyone!

-Iris
Hi Kids!

You guys going down Thurs night or just being oily boids Friday morning? What time is breakfast and is that Sweet Sue's in Phonecia?
Marty,

Yes, Sweet Sue's is in Phonecia. And yes, "oily boids Friday mornng". We are a little more than an hour from Phonecia. We were thinking 9:00ish at Sweet Sue's....mmmmm.

From what I understand, Geezer is within throwing distance of Phoenicia. I am assuming that we'll be around.... & he's been scouting around there (like he hasn't in the past... living in the Catskills).

Looking forward to this ride, Heidi

Geezer is just a stone's throw away from Sweet Sue's. If you don't make it to Sweet Sue's, we can meet up with you after breakfast.

I hate to bring up this topic, but should we talk about rain dates? Are you still coming if it rains?

I hate to bring up this topic, but should we talk about rain dates? Are you still coming if it rains?
Yeah as long as you brought it up :glare: there are only 5 pages we can get at least another 5 discussing that... :rolleyes: Right now I'm actually good for most of June.

Yeah as long as you brought it up :glare: there are only 5 pages we can get at least another 5 discussing that... :rolleyes: Right now I'm actually good for most of June.
Well, I'll start, if it's a littlke spinkle in the forecast, no problem.

If it's forecast for one solid day of rain, wife ,may or may not come along.

If it looks like a heavy washout, I'm staying home, my gear just finished drying out from last weekend, course it smells better now that it's been washed.

Well, I'll start, if it's a littlke spinkle in the forecast, no problem.

If it's forecast for one solid day of rain, wife ,may or may not come along.

If it looks like a heavy washout, I'm staying home, my gear just finished drying out from last weekend, course it smells better now that it's been washed.
Those sound like good plans. If it's a sprinkle (less than 30% chance of rain) then it's a go.

If it's rain all day (but light rain - between 30%-65%), we may still go but it won't be as much fun.

If it's a washout (anything over 65% and possibility of strong winds) we'll postpone.

If it's a sprinkle (less than 30% chance of rain) then it's a go. If it's rain all day (but light rain - between 30%-65%), we do the wash at 60MPH then meet at geezer's for beer.

If it's a washout (anything over 65% and possibility of strong winds) we skip the wash and just meet at geezers for beer.
I fixed it for you Iris.... :lol:

I like it!

Iris, it is likely that I will bail if this ride gets rained out. I put in for vacation time & such here at work for those specific days. I'm supposed to give 2 weeks notice b4 making vacation plans, Heidi

It sounds like I need to make sure Nancy fills that beer fridge to the max. :lol:

I am about five miles from Phoenicia and Sweet Sues. Phoenicia has a pretty big tourist industry and much of it's based on people tubing in the Esopus Creek. Since we expect it to be a nice warm day the town will be packed and Sweet Sues will have a queue to get in so arrive early (oily) for breakfast.

Hello,

I am kind of new to this whole ride with others thing and planned trips ...but I would really like to go on this ride and meet some other FJR owners in NY, sooo I would love to join in. I plan on taking the 13th off from work and keeping the weekend free so I can do the Sweet Sue's breakfast for a quick meet and greet with some of you guys/gals there first. (Although Friday the 13th is kind of weird). Really looking forward to going on these planned trips like this one.

Jon

:)

Hello,
I am kind of new to this whole ride with others thing and planned trips ...but I would really like to go on this ride and meet some other FJR owners in NY, sooo I would love to join in. I plan on taking the 13th off from work and keeping the weekend free so I can do the Sweet Sue's breakfast for a quick meet and greet with some of you guys/gals there first. (Although Friday the 13th is kind of weird). Really looking forward to going on these planned trips like this one.

Jon

Uhh...you don't know what you're getting into here.

I only ride on Friday the 13th when Friday falls on the 13th.

Remember, you were warned. About what, I'm not sure... :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Jon

Glad to hear that you are joining us Jon. It will be a greatr day riding in the Catskills on Friday and a great day riding in the Adirondacks on Saturday the 14th. We are really looking forward to it.

Jim

This sounds like it's turning into a 2-day. If riders are in the area Thursday night what is the time and place to meet Friday morning? This ride should be named the Cats and 'dacks Ride. :rolleyes: