OFFICIAL LAUNCH - WFO-8 WEB SITE!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I procrastinated long enough. I'm in.

And so is El Pendejo Grande - beemerdons himself.

We just wanted to do our part to make sure this event didn't get to 'civilized'. So hide your women and children. And in Senor Stanley's case, your farm animals too.

Just an FYI that Idaho liquor laws are more friendly than last year's Colorado and certainly WAY easier than Utah the year before.
If any WFO attendees want to bring their own wine....there is no law against it. The hotel does charge a $10 uncorking fee, but will be glad to bring out glasses.

It's a small thing, but I know people have asked in the past....and thinking of bringing up a couple bottles of nice red myself.

Ya know, I just may do that.

And just for grins, did you know that Idaho allows the selling of 190 proof EverClear? Clicky (hic) here

Here in the People's Republik of Kalifornia, we may not purchase it, lest we strip the varnish off the coffee table.

We just wanted to do our part to make sure this event didn't get to 'civilized'. So hide your women and children. And in Senor Stanley's case, your farm animals too.

Geeezzz.......

Why don't youse guyz wait a bit, eh?

Hope you get a shirt....

And there's absolutely no effing way I'm leaving my camera sitting around. :glare:

Oh gawd! :dribble:

I'm sorry Mr. Rallymaster Sir. We had this elaborate and subtle plan to keep this guy away from Moscow and he's gone and done this. If it were just him and he didn't have that nice Beemerdons guy...I could execute Plan B. But this means we're going to have to give him three parking spots lest his bike tip over on somebody else.

Could you possibly convince the hotel we're out of rooms or something? Maybe Moscow could have a West Nile outbreak?

Meanwhile, I'll get to work on convincing him the only way to get to Moscow involves a twisty two-laner and maybe he'll reprise his Colorado stunt and low side before NAFO and finally putt that '04 out of its misery.

Ray, please alert your security detail.

P7250200e.sized.jpg

Jeezers, this'll be a site to see. Hey guyz, I think I can get some farm animals outfitted in women's clothes for you to chase around ....something to tempt you into coming through Reno on the way up. And if you do this, and if our schedules sync, ....I'll pace you through some groovy stuff heading north. One thought is send El Pendejo Grande down Jungo road toward Winnemucca, and have Skooter G take the paved roads and see who reaches the Pussycat Saloon in Winnemucca first.

Damn, gotta pack a squirt bottle and get a rolled newspaper then! Glad you guys are coming though. I want to hear a story or two....

I'm drinking Moose Drool now in preparation. :drinks: So if Don is Pres of the CBA, he left last week to get to Moscow?

Glad you're on board Greg. You do realized there is a NO CRASHING zone all through Idaho, right? Please obey the zone. :bike:

Just remember Marbach, and there are at least a thousand witnesses here, you're sleeping in the bathtub! But, is it true Idaho has almost as many sheep as New Zealand does?

But, is it true Idaho has almost as many sheep as New Zealand does?
The funny thing is that sheep jokes get the buck passed from state-to-state in these latitude challenged states. Talk to an Idahoan and they tell sheep jokes about Montanans. Go to Big Sky country and they tell jokes about South Dakotans. Go to SD and they tell about ND. Go to ND and they give you a blank look...pretty much ending the conversation.

One could try and go international and offend a province, but those Canucks are so nice I just wouldn't want to speculate. Personally, I think it's been NorCal with the sheep thing all along. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm sorry Mr. Rallymaster Sir. We had this elaborate and subtle plan to keep this guy away from Moscow and he's gone and done this. If it were just him and he didn't have that nice Beemerdons guy...I could execute Plan B. But this means we're going to have to give him three parking spots lest his bike tip over on somebody else.

Could you possibly convince the hotel we're out of rooms or something? Maybe Moscow could have a West Nile outbreak?

Meanwhile, I'll get to work on convincing him the only way to get to Moscow involves a twisty two-laner and maybe he'll reprise his Colorado stunt and low side before NAFO and finally putt that '04 out of its misery.

P7250200e.sized.jpg
I would alert them if we had one. Not to many volunteers. For Mr. Skooter we will made SPECIAL arrangements. :assassin:

P7250200e.sized.jpg
I would alert them if we had one. Not to many volunteers. For Mr. Skooter we will made SPECIAL arrangements. :assassin:
FJRay, Brother: The kindest thing we could do for The Dirty Old Whore 2004 would be to put a "FREE to a Good Owner who Loves Me" sign on her in the middle of the night. BMW has bought back extremely way high mileage bikes such a "Olga" R80/GS Helge Pedersen used to circumnavigate globe offroad.

Maybe Yamaha will feature The Whore someday in her own tribute shrine! We can only hope for a better life for the Old Gal than what she's seen so far!

I am getting anxious now. I got my route planned and I just finished spooning on a new set of PR2's. I'll scuff them in tomorrow if it isn't raining. I'll be leaving on Friday morning for Kalamazoo. I'll spend the weekend there with my brother and his family then head north to the Upper Peninsula and west to Glacier. I will show up in Moscow some time on Thursday. Looking forward to seeing some of the folks from previous WFO and NAFO. :drinks:

After WFO I'm heading down to Yosemite, Sequoia and then start back east via Death Valley and Moab.

This is going to be fun. :bike:

I am getting anxious now. I got my route planned and I just finished spooning on a new set of PR2's. I'll scuff them in tomorrow if it isn't raining. I'll be leaving on Friday morning for Kalamazoo. I'll spend the weekend there with my brother and his family then head north to the Upper Peninsula and west to Glacier. I will show up in Moscow some time on Thursday. Looking forward to seeing some of the folks from previous WFO and NAFO. :drinks:
After WFO I'm heading down to Yosemite, Sequoia and then start back east via Death Valley and Moab.

This is going to be fun. :bike:
You will love Death Valley in the summer. Hardly any traffic.

You will probably have the whole park to yourself. :blink:

You will love Death Valley in the summer. Hardly any traffic. You will probably have the whole park to yourself. :blink:
Yeah, I thought about that. I'll see how hot it is when I get there and decide if it's worth riding through. I'm thinking that it might be tolerable if I get there very early in the morning. I have not been there yet so I don't want to pass it up if I can help it.

Wanna join me? :eek:

Well, ..."The best laid plans of mice & men" and all that yada. Bummed I'm gonna miss the party, but there's just too much crap going on on several fronts just now for me to make the trip; so I'm gonna have to cancel out. Ya'll have a grand time & be safe out there!!!

So it's down to 9 guys and two wives now? :dribble: Guess I'm gonna have to drink your share of the liquor in the evenings then.

Sorry you can't make it Moose.

FYI to the rest of you hosers. We've already had someone hit an elk. Last time we did a WFO in Moscow a rider hit a frickin BEAR on the way there, (and had stitches in his head to prove it). No one up attempts please.

So it's down to 9 guys and two wives now? :dribble: Guess I'm gonna have to drink your share of the liquor in the evenings then.
Sorry you can't make it Moose.

FYI to the rest of you hosers. We've already had someone hit an elk. Last time we did a WFO in Moscow a rider hit a frickin BEAR on the way there, (and had stitches in his head to prove it). No one up attempts please.
Not quite true Eric. He was sleeping in his tent somewhere around Glacier NP and the bear mauled him in his tent. He used some kind of whistle to scare it off. I used to have the picture of the 140 staples in his scalp. If anybody has it post it up.

Not quite true Eric. He was sleeping in his tent somewhere around Glacier NP and the bear mauled him in his tent. He used some kind of whistle to scare it off. I used to have the picture of the 140 staples in his scalp. If anybody has it post it up.

SHHHHHhhhhhhhh! How am I going to scare them strait if you keep inserting the truth? Now SkooterG is probably thinking he can hit a bear and graze a buffalo on the way to WFO. :wacko:

You will love Death Valley in the summer. Hardly any traffic. You will probably have the whole park to yourself. :blink:
Yeah, I thought about that. I'll see how hot it is when I get there and decide if it's worth riding through. I'm thinking that it might be tolerable if I get there very early in the morning. I have not been there yet so I don't want to pass it up if I can help it.

Wanna join me? :eek:
on ya Gen I...that's the ticket :rolleyes:

Hi guys I'm thinking about coming through to Moscow and heading down to Colfax to stay at the Best Western Wheatland Inn. I called in and they told me they would give me a $75.99 rate for a 2 queen room or single king. Pics look nice on their website. Said to call in and mention the FJR Motorcycle group. Just an FYI.