Official SW-FOG 2015 Announcement: 5/28-31, THU-SUN!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds Great Bob, I have put you and Spanky on the tentative list along with the Jackass: Bustanut joker! JSNS!

SW-FOG 2015 / Kanab, UT Attendance Roster on 10/8. If attending and not on this list contact Don Stanley at either [email protected] or 480-440-4666

Tentative List:

Intech and Spanky

That fecking Jackass Bustanut joker

101stpathfinder and Mrs. Tony

HelzBelz

Zbear

Fly Bye

KiloWatts

blufjr - Ken

Back Road Bob

Cooleyman - Dave

BeemerDonS
Miss Donna
Seth S.
Smokeball
Bob Flanders
AZgman
Mudslide Miller
Dashbaw
Big D.
Chris M.
stealth1
HotRodZilla
GalaxyBlue
zzzzip - Skip
Bokerfork
Old Michael
Yatzee426
erixun
TheZsdad
Fly Bye
petey
Geezer
BwanaDik and Bambi
LCB
weluvbikn - Phil and Charlene
R Price
Spud
Panman
Thingfish - Paul
Tucson Joe and Cec
Tyler
SacramentoMike
twisted cricket
NMRoadRunner

Last edited by a moderator:
WooHoo, FYB is coming? Sweet!!
I just have to figure out what I am going to mail to your house this time.
rolleyes.gif

WooHoo, FYB is coming? Sweet!!
I just have to figure out what I am going to mail to your house this time.
rolleyes.gif
Mi Amigo Roberto, por favor do not forget to mail a gift for AJ's la Puerca "Lupita"! Lupita becomes extremely agitated if 'Zilla does not shower her with gifts!

Que lastima, ese! JSNS!

NewMexicoCowboycopy_zps4dfdb516-3.jpg

Looks like I might pass through and spend a night in Kanab this weekend as my riding season winds down. I will look around and see if it's as shitty as it sounds (
smile.png
).

Don also wanted me to go talk to some city officials about our big main street pick-up-chicks cruise we'll be doing one night in Hildale, just down the road...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hildale,_Utah

Crap...we're gonna get arrested. Here's the plan Doug: We will be each others 'bitches.' That way we don't end up being the 4th and 5th wives of some 6'5" serial killer. I won't do well in jail!

On second thought, scratch that. I have 145 horses under 800lbs of rider and bike. They're gonna hafta catch me! :****:

Found out that our outage is tentatively scheduled for Mar-Apr time frame, so let the planning begin. I guess memorial day will be the 25th, so that will work well as a free day on the trip out. My brother is out, though.

I took a reconnaissance ride through Kanab this weekend. Spent one night there. Here is my mini Recon Report:

The town Welcome Sign, with a traditional forum welcome

20141012_084155_zpsba67b226.jpg

I stayed at the Aikens Lodge across the street. They gave me the BMW Rider's Suite. Just behind the post, you'll notice the handy fire extinguisher, with instructions on where to aim at the final drive....

20141011_175655_zpsde2129bb.jpg

Main Street:

20141011_183017_zps2eb64cec.jpg

The Treasure Trail, in all of its evening splendor

20141011_192131_zps47d846d8.jpg

20141011_192107_zps06dbf670.jpg

The ONLY place in town to get liquor, the ominously titled STATE LIQUOR AGENCY.

20141011_193515_zps29fb0c35.jpg

The STATE LIQUOR AGENCY has many very stern and serious warnings on the door, explaining how the bottle you are about to buy will cause birth defects, imprisonment, suicide, and/or juvenile delinquency. After reading all of them, I decided to leave empty-handed. Oh, and because it was closed too....

20141011_193440_zps599a16d5.jpg

Also, the STATE LIQUOR AGENCY shares its mini-strip mall location with the local cop-shop, which was also closed too.

20141011_193332_zps4c45532e.jpg

There is really good news though. Just up the road, they have the two things all good FJR riders cannot resist: Ho's and pies. AND, THE HO'S MAKE THE PIES!!!! If Neihart ever finds this place, he will never leave...

SAM_0510_zpse671d88c.jpg

SAM_0511_zps740b62c5.jpg

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/160533-utahs-capitol-reef-to-zions-park/ From Spud, Utah's Capitol Reef to Zions Park Motorcycle Ride!

Awesome. I love Capitol Reef National Park - one of my favorites. The photos with fall colors are great and provide inspiration for a trip there in the fall someday. Someday is not far off for I will retire in two years. Thanks for posting.

+1, Gunny; great Ride Report and thank you Spud, with your kind permission I have moved the link to this thread over to the SW-FOG 2015 Main Page. JSNS!

Does everyone have reservations for lodging at SW-FOG 2015? Or do I need to ask stealth1 to do some more motel recon work for Kanab, UT? FJR Folks: Let me know!!