Official SW-FOG 2015 Announcement: 5/28-31, THU-SUN!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is shaping up to be a big rally. Not that I'm surprised. I love riding in that part of the country.

Hey Don - add me to the list of attendees. I don't have a reservation, so I am looking for some one to share a room.
Damn retired guys...
Come on Joe, I have about five jobs and I am planning on making it. How else would a poor firefighter be able to go on a trip like this. My vacation is picked, the room is booked, come on May, Kanab UT here I come.
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
I believe the proper description is now: Hoseperson
rolleyes.gif

This is shaping up to be a big rally. Not that I'm surprised. I love riding in that part of the country.
Kind of nice that a "show up and ride" format is getting as big as the regional meets that have the registrations, rallies, banquets, t-shirts, etc. Says a lot for the organizers and locations. On the down side, I remember when the FOG was smaller, which was cool because you had a chance to really get to know many of the riders.

Don't get me wrong, door prizes and a rally are fine, but the smaller more laid back rides have always appealed to me like the Hooterville 400 and the FOG. I hope the FOG's format will continue until the time it is better to change.

Kind of nice that a "show up and ride" format is getting as big as the regional meets that have the registrations, rallies, banquets, t-shirts, etc. Says a lot for the organizers and locations. On the down side, I remember when the FOG was smaller, which was cool because you had a chance to really get to know many of the riders.

Don't get me wrong, door prizes and a rally are fine, but the smaller more laid back rides have always appealed to me like the Hooterville 400 and the FOG. I hope the FOG's format will continue until the time it is better to change.
Say Skip, does anyone really want to know HotRodZilla - AJ? Really? Why?

As long as I continue as Rally Bastard, we will stay with "show up and ride"!

Ah, 'Zilla..... my favorite burrito. For you non-speakers: that's spanish for "friend". AJ told me so.

As for rally masters, I'll always regret not making the FOG where I missed getting a TOAS t-shirt.

I'd do a SW-FOG but who wants a t-shirt saying "Southwest City, MO" on it? (Look it up.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Griff, you also have been added. Griff send a Private Message to Barry C. - Bustanut joker and get him off of the dime to book a room for SW-FOG, but do remember that you two will have to flip a coin to see who is going to be the Sheep for the weekend! jes' sayin' and nuff said, Baaa!
Don - I called the motel and left a message - they're closed for the season. Also sent an email. Haven't heard anything yet. I assume they will get back with me.

I just called the motel. No answer. I went on to their website to see if I could make reservations. No luck.

We're planning our route and pretty sure we'll be meeting up with you all.

See you in May 2015 !!!!!

They're closed for the season. I'd send an email and give it some time.
Iris & Jim, as much as I hate to agree with HotRodZilla: AJ is right on, Kanab pretty much closes up its doors and rolls up the sidewalks during the Winter months!

A Great M/C Video from my Friend Jer, Incredibly and Amazingly Scenic Motorcycle Riding through Utah:

SW-FOG 2015 / Kanab, UT Attendance Roster on 12/14. If attending and not on this list contact Don Stanley at either [email protected] or 480-440-4666

Tentative List:

Intech and Spanky

Jackass Bustanut joker

101stpathfinder - Tony

Longrider - Bruce W.

MCRIDER007

0Face-Marty

Iris and Jim

griff

Abercrombie FJR

pegscraper and MsNASCAR

101stpathfinder and Mrs. Tony

HelzBelz

Zbear

Fly Bye

KiloWatts

blufjr - Ken

Back Road Bob

Cooleyman - Dave

BeemerDonS
Miss Donna
Seth S.
Smokeball
Bob Flanders
AZgman
Mudslide Miller
Dashbaw
Big D.
Chris M.
stealth1
HotRodZilla
GalaxyBlue
zzzzip - Skip
Bokerfork
Old Michael
Yatzee426
erixun
TheZsdad
Fly Bye
petey
Geezer
BwanaDik and Bambi
LCB
weluvbikn - Phil and Charlene
R Price
Spud
Panman
Thingfish - Paul
Tucson Joe and Cec
Tyler
SacramentoMike
twisted cricket
NMRoadRunner

Many thanks stealth1, I just put this photo on to Bustanut joker's Facebook Page; Barry will come to SW-FOG 2015 for sure, he can't miss this opportunity! JSNS!
Bust is completely safe, this sign doesn't even mention Sheep Rape or Fornication as being again da law!

He better be careful, wear protection.

IMG_0469.jpg

Many thanks stealth1, I just put this photo on to Bustanut joker's Facebook Page; Barry will come to SW-FOG 2015 for sure, he can't miss this opportunity! JSNS!
Bust is completely safe, this sign doesn't even mention Sheep Rape or Fornication as being again da law!

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg
We've got to get Bust to commit to coming to SW-FOG 2015, or at least get Barry committed to a Michigan Loony Bin, ese! jes' sayin' and nuff said, es Verdad!

Hey Gregory from Redding, California: This means you! Big-D and Papa Chuy will be keeping an eye on you, ya Goat Fucker! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!

0Face-Marty, I'll get you on the Attendance Roster ASAP! I copied your Boyfriends HotRodZilla and Bustanut joker, they will be so excited they'll go through a box of Kleenex! jes' sayin' and nuff said, es Verdad ese!

Don StanleyChandler, AZ 85225
Cell: 480-440-4666

-----Original Message-----
To: Don Stanley <[email protected]>
Sent: Sun, Dec 14, 2014 2:50 pm
Subject: SW-FOG

I want in.
0Face~Marty

School Calendar Strikes Again!!!!

This trip was solid on my radar. The problem is we will probably still be in school. We have 8 snow days built in to the calendar. Good likelihood that we will take a few. The earliest we will be out of school is the 26th The latest is June 5th if we use all 8. Truly a bummer. I was set to get out of Dodge as soon as school was out this year.

I hate to not have any snow days, but if I have one, that means no SW trip. Even if we don't have a single day cancelled, leaving on the 26th after school would make for some big miles heading into the meet up. I really do not want to ride on a rushed schedule. I learned that on my western trip earlier this year.

I really wanted to get out to this area early in the summer before it becomes a blast furnace.

Work is stupid!

School Calendar Strikes Again!!!!
This trip was solid on my radar. The problem is we will probably still be in school. We have 8 snow days built in to the calendar. Good likelihood that we will take a few. The earliest we will be out of school is the 26th The latest is June 5th if we use all 8. Truly a bummer. I was set to get out of Dodge as soon as school was out this year.

I hate to not have any snow days, but if I have one, that means no SW trip. Even if we don't have a single day cancelled, leaving on the 26th after school would make for some big miles heading into the meet up. I really do not want to ride on a rushed schedule. I learned that on my western trip earlier this year.

I really wanted to get out to this area early in the summer before it becomes a blast furnace.

Work is stupid!
Call in sick? *cough - cough*

Erixun is totally correct. Anything they haven't learned by the last week of school, they're not gonna get until maybe next year anyway. Just leave the sub good notes.

OMG...You're looking very pale. I think you're coming down with an illness that will peak in mid to late May.

I totally agree about not learning anything else in the last week of school.

I wish you could call in sick, but that is highly frowned upon. I will just hope for no snow days and then put the boogie on to get out there if at all possible. I could ride to the Denver area in the first day and then the remaining miles the next, but that is quite a few. 1650 miles.

Not likely we will not have a few snow days.

Nothing turns a frown upside down quite like a good ride.
bike.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist. And I shouldn't throw stones, if my work has something 'come up' and asked, I probably would forgo this trip as well, something about being professional, reliable or some other crap I have twisted inside my head. On a side note, I have already put in for the vacation days, so looking forward to this!

Bummer that you might not make it. Sending good vibes your way for an early release.

Cav, forget Denver. Only Donkey fans live there. Cut south and hit Albuquerque. We'll feed yiu, and then in the morning we'll get up and haul ass.