Ok I'll start... anyone riding for the long weekend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarFJR

URGNT
Reaction score
I know Allen and Helen where thinking something up. But don’t know where they are with there plans.

Any one have plans to ride sometime during this upcoming long weekend? :bike:

I'll be in Marlborough, MA for Monday and was looking for a Monday ride...don't have the first clue where to ride though. Fred W is going to hook me up with a route for a western Mass day ride.

I know Allen and Helen where thinking something up. But don't know where they are with there plans...Any one have plans to ride sometime during this upcoming long weekend?
We don't have plans yet, but probably will later this week. Our first objective was to safely get through Irene first which we have. If anyone is riding through NH here is a list of road conditions, valid on noon 8/29/11.

I hope everyone got threw Irene OK. There be a few sticks on the lawn and road from the wind, but Manchester didn't get to bad.

Hi folks,

No plans for me yet. Would love to go for a ride.

Irene hit but we only lost a big tree in the backyard; fell away from the house into the woods. I'll do a little cleanup perhaps this weekend -- which might require a small saw.

My generator (not full house generator) worked great. I even moved a few power chords so that the cable modem, routers, and signal amplifier are on generator power so we had Internet and cable TV.

The only real casualty was I got some kind of stomach bug and was down for a day -- funny how it lasted 24 hours. I'm up but still kind of recovering.

Dennis

My plans were cancelled for the weekend..so I'm free! I live in DE but would love to check out some roads is New England

We were planning a ride from Syracuse area down through the Catskills for a culinary tour of the Hudson Valley. Unfortunately the flooding between here and there has washed out a bunch of roads and bridges, so I think it will be a while before he head down that way again. We are probably heading to the Finger Lakes instead.

Joe

Kids will be back in school Thursday/Friday . . . Lori is taking Friday off from work & we're riding through the Finger Lakes of NY over to Skaneateles for lunch at the Sherwood Inn . . . I'll be riding as much as possible through the Finger Lakes region as much as possible over the long weekend weather permitting.

As It stands ATM Dennis is in. I see that Sat. Is the better day for an outing.

Dennis is there any place you are leaning to? I don't know how the roads are on Mt. Washington but have that in the back of my mind cuz I didn't get there at the NERDs meet.

...I don't know how the roads are on Mt. Washington but have that in the back of my mind...
I will mention that on Labor Day weekend in the North Conway area there may be a tourist or two out on the roads.

I'm sure we are going someplace this weekend, just haven't found the right balance between interesting, fun and avoiding crowded roads yet. In stead of a destination ride we may do a 'the joy is in the journey' ride and sample some of the nicer roads in the area. This could include a ride almost to North Conway then over to Maine.

I'm kinda aiming for a North Shore and Woodsman lunch ride on the weekend of 9/10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaving Seattle in the morning for Eastern WA and south through OR, via Burns, and Fields to Winnemucca, and Fallon, NV.. Then Hwy 50 to Salt Lake and south on 191 and 491 to Albuquerque, NM. Back north on 550 and 6 through CO.. Into WY and north to Shoshoni, then 789 to Billings, MT and return to Seattle via I-90.

Plan to be home Wed.. Obviously, this is not a sightseeing trip. High mileage days, I figure 12 -14 hrs each day. I have 5 specific destinations to visit which only require 10 min. or so stay once I locate them, then onto the next one. It’s all about crunching miles for me, the endurance junkie that I am.

Keep Going!

Good Luck Mount Rainier! Is that an IBA thing your doing?
Thanks MarFJR

It's not an IBA event, however, it is a scouting trip to determine whether these locations qualify as part of an organized tour next year. Like many events of this kind, the exact locations are not announced until a specific time, which in this case, is closer to the Spring of next year.

The thing is, if I was to say anymore it's likely the cat will be let out of the bag given the cleverness of many of the participants who are also part of this forum. It's all great fun.

Keep Going!

My plans are running like this:

This weekend I need to pre-run the Covered bridges ride to check bridge outages and road closures. I'll probably do this on Saturday, probably 2-up, probably starting from Fiddlesticks at 9AM.

But I don't want to spoil it for any of the folks that are likely to come along on the ride in October. The foliage is what really makes this ride. The bridges and country roads are only secondary. So if you'd like to tag along on Saturday send me a PM and we'll wait for you in Hancock.

Whether I get a chance to check out Mt Kearsarge this long weekend will depend mostly on the weather.

I like fried clams.

A lot.

And oysters too.

We're likely in for a northshore ride to eat next weekend.

Well Hells Bells, me and pillion will follow Fiddleheads & Fred on the trial ride of this year's 'Bridges Ride'. If any participants have a real interest in riding up Eastern NH, going to near Conway I will lead an alternative route.If everyone is doing Fiddleheads 'N Bridges I will meet people in Manchester @ 7:30 am and lead the ride to yummy Fiddleheads. Probably meet at Bugger King near Rt 93, exit 9S (Danial Webster Rt 3 and Crosbie St. --737 Hooksett Road, Manchester )

Fred I was going to do a test run up thru Peterborough to Fiddles for bridges ride but...

I have been informed that I need to be earlier for a prior engagement (what was 3:00pm is now 12:00noon) :angry2: (funny how that works huh) I'll be out early but not too far Catch you all later! JAG

YES on WOODMAN'S shoudnt be as crowded then