OK Midwesterners--Who Rode Today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Wheatie
I thought I read somewhere on this Forum, that there's guy's riding these FJR's in there 70's. Is that possible.
Yes...and I know of atleast one that I can't keep up with if he decides to really move. I roomed with petey at EOM and he is about 20 years older than me...he is amazing and very smooth.

And..no I didn't ride today...not man enough. ;)

T-Bug did at Coast to Coast in under 50 hours, Iron but run, at the age of 74 (I think that is correct). I rode home from CFO with T-Bug last year, and I learned a few things watching him ride through the Madison, WI area. At 75 years young he inspired me.

I'm not sure what the big deal is about waterboarding as a form of torture, It can't be any worst than what its like to live in Ohio in the winter. I've run more fuel thru my snowblower than I've run thru my bike in all of last summer. Come On Spring!!!!!

I'm not sure what the big deal is about waterboarding as a form of torture, It can't be any worst than what its like to live in Ohio in the winter. I've run more fuel thru my snowblower than I've run thru my bike in all of last summer. Come On Spring!!!!!
Careful!

Didn't ride today...

..gotta put on the new forks & shock, new brake & clutchlines when they get here, new front brake pads, and vstrom handguards, new rear bag reflector decals...

Didn't get a chance to ride on Sunday. But I did play Hookie on Monday, and made up for it BIGTIME! Spent most of the day in Amish country. I had a get off in June of last year and unfortunately, was never really able to ride again until about October. You'll appreciate this because your probably familiar with many of the roads I was on, and while I'm rambling, I'd really forgotten how nice the roads are in southern Ohio. Spectacular day 64 degrees, Spectacular roads, Really Spectacular bike, I think that pretty much sums it up. Just plain spectacular. Come on Spring.

Hey Guy's !!!!

Things are looking up for us here in Northeastern Ohio today.The snow storm that we are experiencing today , has gone from sheer whiteout conditions, down to only a blinding snowstorm. Back to the snowblower for know. And no Wheatie I didn't ride today either.

FOOK ME! Is it cold this morning. It looks like I will be able to ride this coming week, since it will be in the 40's, but then it is back down to the low 30's for the high by next weekend. WTF!?! This is getting FOOKING Ridiculous!

YAHOO!!! Got the first ride to work in this morning. A little cold, a few patches of ice, but it still felt GREAT. Tomorrow should be even better, and then it looks like the weather is going to go to crap for a little while again.

Oh Ya...

+1... Rolled 100miles yesterday and 30miles so far this AM!! That Heated vest works GREAT!! Still got to get the grips wired up and I'll be set for a MN Spring. It was 48 yesterday afternoon and this morning it was 37. Fricken heat wave round these parts!!

WW

Rode in to work this morning, early time change sure made it dark, and yes it was Brisk at 30 degrees.

I finally got out last Saturday. I rode about 40 miles down to the HD dealer in North Judson. Temps in the 20s, but not too bad. The old man has a killer motorbike museum if you are ever in the neighborhood. For Harley people they are pretty cool. I was the only one to ride in that day so they were extra nice to me (one said hi.)

I came back and while browsing the MC magazines in B&N the Lake effect snow got real heavy. I got some looks when I mounted up during the snow.

Too much fun.

Come on Spring.

Rode yesterday and today. Probably only 25 miles total, but the new Russell seat feels good. I need some rain to wash off the rest of the sand from the roads...

SFO last weekend of April :) first "shakedown" ride of the year!!! WOOHOOO!!!