Oregon RTE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting to my place seems to confuse some GPS units. I will try to have some maps at the resturant but it's just as easy to do it the old fashioned way. Ask for directions!!!
First, make a left where the big red barn used to be, follow that road out past where Abner shot that cow. Can't miss it.
Mike, are you still leading a group out via Hwy 36? No meeting place, time? I think I'll generally follow Doug's route, but go to Quincy via Bucks Lake, and take the Medicine Lake cutoff north.

Weather is looking perfect for the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, are you still leading a group out via Hwy 36? No meeting place, time? I think I'll generally follow Doug's route, but go to Quincy via Bucks Lake, and take the Medicine Lake cutoff north.

Since I'll have a houseful of 'Zonies (and one Owasso refugee), the meeting place is my house, not far from where I-5 and 80 meet. I'm hoping we'll all be gassed up the night before, and I've got a coffee pot here. I've got one more rider coming here from Fairfield Friday morning too. Do not know how many will choose I-5 to 36 and how many will want to head for Grass Valley. With the thermo heading into the high 90's the next couple days, it's possible we might all abandon the hotter 5-36-3 route and adopt Doug's plan. We'll see what the folks want to do and how early they want to get up when they show up tomorrow. PM me if you feel like riding out in either of those directions from here, or just want to know what time the ones heading out 80 past Carmichael will leave here so you can wait for them at an I-80 onramp. In fact, anybody around here is welcome to do the same.

Since I'll have a houseful of 'Zonies (and one Owasso refugee), the meeting place is my house, not far from where I-5 and 80 meet. I'm hoping we'll all be gassed up the night before, and I've got a coffee pot here. I've got one more rider coming here from Fairfield Friday morning too. Do not know how many will choose I-5 to 36 and how many will want to head for Grass Valley. With the thermo heading into the high 90's the next couple days, it's possible we might all abandon the hotter 5-36-3 route and adopt Doug's plan. We'll see what the folks want to do and how early they want to get up when they show up tomorrow. PM me if you feel like riding out in either of those directions from here, or just want to know what time the ones heading out 80 past Carmichael will leave here so you can wait for them at an I-80 onramp. In fact, anybody around here is welcome to do the same.
DOUG FOR PRESIDENT, BUGNATR AS PREZ, I VOTE FOR DOUGIE-POO!

DOUG FOR PRESIDENT, BUGNATR AS PREZ, I VOTE FOR DOUGIE-POO!
DSC1778-L.jpg

Since I'll have a houseful of 'Zonies (and one Owasso refugee), . . . I'm hoping we'll all be gassed up the night before, and . . . .
WOW, :unsure: that place sounds unbearable, Mike. Does your wife know about that, or is she planning to leave for the night and return after the air has cleared? :dribble:

Anyone leaving Medford Saturday for La Pine? I will be staying with relatives and leaving about 7:30 am.
CAJW and I are leaving my house between 2 and 3 am, up I-5 to Medford. We should be passing through Medford around that time on our northeasterly track toward 97 and the Reuben feed. Both of us on '05 ABS models. Perhaps we will see one another on the road.

Anyone leaving Medford Saturday for La Pine? I will be staying with relatives and leaving about 7:30 am.
CAJW and I are leaving my house between 2 and 3 am, up I-5 to Medford. We should be passing through Medford around that time on our northeasterly track toward 97 and the Reuben feed. Both of us on '05 ABS models. Perhaps we will see one another on the road.
Sounds good, I was looking at that route as well. I'll keep an eye out, I wear a bright green ICON safety vest during my rides. I'm sure there will be a few extra FJR's in the area. :rolleyes:

Wish I could be joining y'all but I'll be on a big-bird heading for the other coast. But I did want to let you know about the event being put on by Atomic Moto in Bend on Saturday the 15th (being held at the Cascade Lakes Brewing Lodge). I visited these guys earlier this year to pick up a new pair of Gaerne boots and was impressed with their operation. Free food and lots of prizes! Have fun, ya hear?

https://www.atomic-moto.com/Coming-to-Bend-Sept-15-4-PM--6-PM-Have-a-Beer-on-Us_b_32.html

A better page with more info like the prize listing!

I'm about 99.9% sure I'll be scooting up for lunch tomorrow. If anyone will be headed to La Pine by way of Klamath Falls, I'll be leaving around 0900 hrs, so I'll stop in at the new Pilot on Highway 97 (just north of Klamath) to tank up, and hang out for a few to see if anyone shows up. La Pine is 100 miles north of Klamath Falls, so we would get up there in 2 hrs or less.

I'm about 99.9% sure I'll be scooting up for lunch tomorrow. If anyone will be headed to La Pine by way of Klamath Falls, I'll be leaving around 0900 hrs, so I'll stop in at the new Pilot on Highway 97 (just north of Klamath) to tank up, and hang out for a few to see if anyone shows up. La Pine is 100 miles north of Klamath Falls, so we would get up there in 2 hrs or less.

I will be leaving Redding around 6:30 ish on Sat morning. Looks like I should hit Klamath around 9 or so. Keep an eye peeled for an '03

Gregory.

Kathy and I made it into LaPine. More than a few folks here, including a surprise! Warning to folks, State cops are on 97 as usual. I got lit up with Ka twice near Chumult. The only cop I actually saw was parked about 1/2 mile north of the Chemult city center.

Arrived in La pine it looks like the gang is growing for this event. nice Ride with Sir Richard from LA look forward to a fun time here in La Pine

steve

We just arrived at our rented place in Bend. Very nice ride.

Jer, we looked for you in Detroit but didn't see you.

Carl

Kathy and I made it into LaPine. More than a few folks here, including a surprise! Warning to folks, State cops are on 97 as usual. I got lit up with Ka twice near Chumult. The only cop I actually saw was parked about 1/2 mile north of the Chemult city center.
Thanks for the heads up on the LEO's, see ya tomorrow.