Park Your Ego at the Door

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where's that whipped horse? Should be along here soon......... ;)

:boredom:

:jester:
beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

I want to be a better rider.
Then be willing to push a little, carefully, when the conditions are right. Everybody has good days, even us old farts. The trick is to be wise enough to recognize good ones from bad ones.

I need to step back and resume my position as a big old defensive end and let you young agile running backs take the pitch outs and fly towards the goal line. I will root for you but from now on I will be bringing up the rear.
You really should listen to more Country music. "I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was!"

:)

I just wanted to point out that there are benefits in additions to hazards that accompany group rides. It is a wise man that knows his limitations and sticks to them. The fluidity you see in my riding was learned in group rides following skillful people. There is no doubt in my mind that a significant portion of my riding skills were learned from others. I also know I learned a lot faster observing skillful riders in group rides than I would have on my own.

Dr. Rich: Thanks for stepping up and organizing rides. I understand the worry of the mother hen (group leader) for her chicks (the rest of the gang). Yet, the simple fact is, the individual rider is responsible to keep the bike on the pavement and the shiny side up. You can't drive everyone's bike for them.

100 years from now people look back and think of what a bunch of crazy idiots we are. Millions of vehicles on the road at any given point in time, all individually controlled by people in God knows what physical condition or state of mind, and somehow, we manage, to get from point A to point B in one piece, most of the time. Pretty amazing when you think about it.

Millions of vehicles on the road at any given point in time, all individually controlled by people in God knows what physical condition or state of mind, and somehow, we manage, to get from point A to point B in one piece, most of the time. Pretty amazing when you think about it.
[hijack]

What amazed me, was the air ops in Desert Storm. Something like 2500 combat flights in a few days, and none of the planes ran into each other. Those guys are probably pretty good drivers/riders, too!

[/hijack]

I want to be a better rider.
Then be willing to push a little, carefully, when the conditions are right. Everybody has good days, even us old farts. The trick is to be wise enough to recognize good ones from bad ones.

I need to step back and resume my position as a big old defensive end and let you young agile running backs take the pitch outs and fly towards the goal line. I will root for you but from now on I will be bringing up the rear.
You really should listen to more Country music. "I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was!"

:)

I gotta "Roger That" I push

NOW.... What dies "Push" Mean

About 10-11 years ago I was a competition body builder, not a gym monkey (no offence to the monkeys) with a real live trainer and all... To push my muscles I had to lift [SIZE=24pt]40%[/SIZE] of my max and repeat a bazillion times with near perfect form to make gains.. My "Max" ability had nothing whatsoever to do with it... It was muscle training and enough resistance to stimulate my response....

I too have ridden with Highlander, Ovale, and others far superior to me....... In fact I am a babe in the woods compeared to most and feel lucky to participate and enjoy...

Now for all those beter than I... This track day, unlike my last one.... I will slow WAY down and learn. This will be different since last time it was my first time w/out shit to crash into and road hazards..

GOD I LOVE TO RIDE!!!!

IMHO!!

100 years from now people look back and think of what a bunch of crazy idiots we are. Millions of vehicles on the road at any given point in time, all individually controlled by people in God knows what physical condition or state of mind, and somehow, we manage, to get from point A to point B in one piece, most of the time. Pretty amazing when you think about it.

That is some prety funny shit right there I dont care who you are!!

At least I have something new to add to my "Profile":

I was warming my bike up sitting on the centerstand this morning parked next to a tree. I noticed a high pitch squeal/screech for a fraction of a second when starting the bike.

I shifted 55 times in a minute; then the throttle got too sensitive; the seat was too hard, my grips were too hard the throttle spring was too hard and it started ticking and roasted my left leg so I put the sidestand down to take it off the centerstand. I pulled the front brake lever in until it touched the grip. The front end clunked and I stripped the oil pan while I was gently squeezing my anti-lock brakes like an orange to keep them from locking up.

When I was lowering it off the centerstand, the sidestand collapsed and it landed on my metal slider which broke my frame causing my Metzeler tire to fail and both sidebags to unlock and fall off. The car swerving into my lane couldn't hear my wimpy horn and there was no grease on my spline. It was wobbling at 48.5 mph and the buzzing was making my hands numb. I couldn't hear anything 'cuz of the static in my intercom.

The glovebox wouldn't open and the suspension was too mushy. My cover wore the paint off the tops of my mirrors. Then I got yelled at by another rider on a group ride

Picking it up, I tore my bicep, wrenched my back, both knees and got monkey butt....