Pilot Road 2 - who's got 'em?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cougar8000 says;

I just called Michelin direct and was told that tires should be on sale front Aug 27th and rear Sep 3rd. Unless they get detained by customs. So, who do we know in customs?

--------------------

Alex

Certified MSF Instructor

07 FJR

Give a little to the kids

Last edited by a moderator:
cougar8000 says;I just called Michelin direct and was told that tires should be on sale front Aug 27th and rear Sep 3rd. Unless they get detained by customs. So, who do we know in customs?
If that comes true I will have a set at EOM!!

JW

interesting... I called Michelin U.S. Customer Service last Thursday with same inquiry, was transferred to m/c dept. and apologetically told Pilot Road 2's would not be released to U.S. 'till the end of the year.. Now less than a week later someone is told within the next month ?????

I asked why they were advertising them in the latest mags and were a ways out on their release and was told "marketing was a bit too eager"

Looks like we need more confirmation, with differing responses from Michelin back east!?!? :huh:

on my 3rd set.

bt020 - 6k miles to wear bars (4k serious cupping in front)

PR - 8k miles and an early swap well before the wear bars

PR - 9.2k miles and another early swap before the wear bars

ST45/46 - 8k miles and slick bald, well past the wear bars

PR - currently on the bike

i find them a little less quick to transition in the corners than the Avons but they're also less twitchy in the straights. they grip is insignificantly different from the Avons imo and for my riding. the life of the tread and the lack of quality problems some have had with the Avons makes it my choice of tire for this bike.

Yo Bounce, I think you missed the fact he was asking about the new Pilot Road 2's? :cigar:

JW

The latest issue of Rider has a very positive review of these when compared to PR 1's. I'll probably need new shoes sometime in September, so this might work out great.

I want to know about the PR2's as well. When my Storms are done I may try them if the reviews are good as I liked my PRoads.

Tom

Hmmm, just thinking. The Avon Storms seem to have "issues" over the one's they replaced. Now one cannot buy the Avons that everyone liked.

Could it be that the new, improved Pilot Roads 2 will suffer the same fate?

Naw, couldn't happen.

LC

Hmmm, just thinking. The Avon Storms seem to have "issues" over the one's they replaced. Now one cannot buy the Avons that everyone liked.
Could it be that the new, improved Pilot Roads 2 will suffer the same fate?

Naw, couldn't happen.

LC
I seem to remember overhearing a conversation between two folks at WFO about a possible return of a certain model of tire. But, hey, you know what they say about eavesdropping and rumors...

;)

Michelin

Consumer Relations Department Tel : 1-800-847-3435

P.O. Box 19001

Greenville, SC 29602-9001

are people getting the same answers ???

Called customer service & got September 10th as the earliest order date & the statement "they are currently being shipped to the U.S."

P.R. 2 status update.

20 minutes of specific questioning for info., confirmation etc..

They are in transit (computer confirmed)

Should be in N.A. by 1st of Sept.

HOWEVER their status is "on hold", not released yet.

no explaination other than probably subject to testing in N.A. (litigious) market :angry2:

one load rating only (at this time) for FJR's size (no h.d. alt.)

PN 12271- 120/70/17

PN 34584- 180/55/17 73W (Michelin part #'s)

If/ when calling, refer to those #'s to save time

1-800-847-3435 (Michelin U.S. customer service)

My two cents.... Pilot Roads, I don't ride aggressively, but I ride year around (any above 38) and so far no pucker moments.. The Metz that came stock made me very nervous....

Hear, Hear :assassin:

I did just get off the phone with Michelin USA and they say that the PR2 IS COMING TO AMERICA by Late August to Early September. FJR sizes 120/70 ZR17 and 180/55 ZR17 will be in the inital shipments from France. Too bad I need to change tires RIGHT NOW and can't wait on those bad boys. :angry:

That's what I found out back on July 17th.

I was seriosly considering the Pilot Power (PP) but if these PR2 are coming in a week or two I will definetely grab two. My experience with Metzeler is good and there is a new one (M-3) which has been getting awesome reviews in European magazines. However, it appears that here in the sates a considerable group (quite big) prefer the smothness of Michelins. Just my two cents!

BERDE

...told today by Michelin rep that they are in and to be released to distributors Sept 1. (this weekend)

There is a part # (see above post) and price code which my dealer accessed and I have a pair on order. How long will the wait be............??? :( (hopefully very short as my Diablo Strada "E" is just getting to the casing (not belts yet) at 8,000 miles and is pretty much parked 'till reskinned).

p.s. these things are $$$$$$$$ :eek: