Planning Bay Area (Marin County) Ride Saturday, April 28

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to the Marin ride: Providing my new foot peg - 1/2 lost vs. a Bott's dot while dodging rocks on Hwy 1 AND got a flat tire in the process - and brake pads make it here in time, and the tire plug holds, and the wife hasn't plotted something, and the creek don't rise, etc., I'll see you on the 28th.

New foot peg is on, brakes are scrubbed-in, tire plug is still keeping air pressure, fuel gauge unit/fuel pump is still on order (but I just need to keep the gas topped off every 200 miles or so), wife sounds accepting, and the river has stopped rising with the end of precipitation.

Anybody else coming from the Eastern part of the world (Sacto/Elk Grove/Fairfield?) to ride with to the Presidio?

RsvlFeej

So...Mrs. 518 and I were discussing the ride and the picnic lunch. We're not so excited about packing a big deal ahead of time. How about if you build in a stop at the Stinson Beach store so everybody can pick up their vittles then? Cokes will still be cold at Dillon Beach.

Saturday forecast for Marin is sunny and low 80's! :yahoo:

Thank you Hans for the invite. :thumbsupsmiley:

I`m headed south on Sat. Hy 25 to 198 to Coalinga and back.

Looking forward to meeting you local FJR riders on another ride.

Geoff

Last edited by a moderator:
I in for this one I pm rsvlfeej hope he gets back to me so we can travel together.

As far as sack lunch I take one all week it will be something like what 518 said. After all I do have brakes and can stop that bike at any store.

Maybe sack if you want stop if you eant and do a buy and go thing .

Jb If I ride by myself I will come over the golden gate to the Presido that way

weekend rider

How about if you build in a stop at the Stinson Beach store so everybody can pick up their vittles then? Cokes will still be cold at Dillon Beach.
You have only to ask and it shall be granted. We will stop in Tomales, just before Dillon Beach, at the Tomales Deli. Those who pack a lunch can go ahead and make the left turn at the town's only intersection and meet us deli stoppers down at the beach. All will be explained at the pre-ride briefing.

Jb

If I don't get lost in SF trying to find the start point, I'm down for blowing a few cobwebs out from between my ears.

If I don't get lost in SF trying to find the start point, I'm down for blowing a few cobwebs out from between my ears.
That's great, Silent.

I'm going to make a check-in sheet. If all participants will PM me with their cell phone, handle, and first name, I will reply with my cell phone number.

Please also PM me with an emergency contact name and number.

I will be handing out name tags, ride maps, and tank bag tear sheets. Also, for the first 9 shows, I will have a card good for a free coffee at the coffee shop.

For anyone coming from the East Bay, Jerry (jw518) and I are rendezvouing at the Rockridge BART station at 9:30 for the ride into the City. Let me know if you want to tag along (Yamalude?), and I'll give you details.

The meet & greet is between 9 and 10, but we are not going to stress about pulling out at 10. It's going to be a fun, RELAXING day!

Hans

I look forward to seeing everyone in the morning!

Last-minute attendees are welcome. I'll have cards for free coffee, as well as route maps and tank bag tear sheets for everyone.

It's gonna be HOT, so bring lots of water.

Hans

Hey we are going to be by the ocean, so no need for water just a de-salting plant.

JB you are in charge of that. Just tow it around with youand will use as needed :yahoo: :yahoo:

weekend rider :D

Back to the Marin ride: Providing my new foot peg - 1/2 lost vs. a Bott's dot while dodging rocks on Hwy 1 AND got a flat tire in the process - and brake pads make it here in time, and the tire plug holds, and the wife hasn't plotted something, and the creek don't rise, etc., I'll see you on the 28th.

New foot peg is on, brakes are scrubbed-in, tire plug is still keeping air pressure, fuel gauge unit/fuel pump is still on order (but I just need to keep the gas topped off every 200 miles or so), wife sounds accepting, and the river has stopped rising with the end of precipitation.

Anybody else coming from the Eastern part of the world (Sacto/Elk Grove/Fairfield?) to ride with to the Presidio?

RsvlFeej
I'm going to head down for the ride. I'm not sure if you'll get this or not before you go. If you do, drop me a note or give a call (916)455-0150. I'm planning on leaving my house @ 7:30am. Was suppose to be headed for Yosemite today, but my buddies backed out last minute. So I'm in for the Presidio ride. If I don't hear from you before I take off I'll see you there.

Scott

J.B.
I am planning on taking off from work and making this ride.

LC
I'm going to head down for the ride. I'm not sure if you'll get this or not before you go. If you do, drop me a note or give a call (916)455-0150. I'm planning on leaving my house @ 7:30am. Was suppose to be headed for Yosemite today, but my buddies backed out last minute. So I'm in for the Presidio ride. If I don't hear from you before I take off I'll see you there.

Scott

You guys be safe and have fun. No, the two thoughts are not diametrically opposed!
I'm going to head down for the ride. Was suppose to be headed for Yosemite today, but my buddies backed out last minute. So I'm in for the Presidio ride. I'm looking forward to the ride and meeting everyone.

Scott

Its after 9 PM and still no comments on the "Ride Reports" page. <_< Is youse guys still a-ridin"?

Yep, got home about 9:30. Bob (weekend rider), Scott (FJRHopeful), and I split off at the northernmost part of JB's ride at Dillon Beach and tooled up Hwy 1 to Annapolis Rd., which ties in to Skaggs Springs Rd., then Hwy 128 on home. Other than Annapolis Rd. being a bit chewed up, it's a worthy extension to Skaggs Spring Rd. on my "WHEE!" list. Just heard from FJRHopeful, so he also made it home. Not sure how the westerly contingent fared after we left 'em.

Great group. JB's local friends showed up on a Suzuki Savage, a BMW, and a Harley. On FJRs we had JB, of course, we three Sacramento area folk - all 4 of us on '05s - and later, Silent on his still bus-wounded '07. I think Silent - Ray? (Sorry if I got your name wrong, first time I met you) said his '07 was going into the hospital for repairs this week. Perfect weather, extremely slow start out of SF and up Hwy 1, but after we called JB "Aunt Bessie" a couple of times, the pace and the enjoyment magically picked up.