PNW Spring 2010 - Tech Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting tires put on my R6 @ the tech meet so I should have time to help you.
TARGET!

At least we know who's riding the girls bike this time... :D
Duane, I'll be riding the Husky down, to install some heated grips. Top speed with the current 13 tooth sprocket is about 50 mph, in 6th gear.

So, you should be able to keep up if I keep her in 5th.

OH, SNAP!!
Gonna wear your zippy hunter's orange safety gear whilst riding that tractor?

Remember to stay to the right and be sure the safety triangle stays on the back, too. We'll make sure to have some straw for ya ta chaw on as well.

Auburn, looks like Hudson will be leading the square dance at your place. :)

...one final thought - 50 mph, Husky... you taking the dog?

AuburnFJR, I'd like to put my name down as a probable attendee to your tech meet. I've owned my '03 for about 4 years and have been lurking on these boards the whole time, and would like to finally meet some of the other FJR riders in the area. I'm in Auburn myself - on Lea Hill.

I'm interested in the topics you mentiod, but I also have some sliders and highway pegs with the Wild Bill mount that have been sitting in my parts bin for over a year now that I sure would like to install.

I'm interested in the topics you mentiod, but I also have some sliders and highway pegs with the Wild Bill mount that have been sitting in my parts bin for over a year now that I sure would like to install.
There will be plenty of folks there who have installed both pieces you mention. What brand sliders do you have? Hope to see you there.

--G

There will be plenty of folks there who have installed both pieces you mention. What brand sliders do you have? Hope to see you there.

--G
If I remember correctly, I bought the Moko (sp?) sliders. They are the ones that don't require me to drill any holes in the plastic, which I would like to avoid if at all possible. Some help on them would be fantastic.

I have the classic "I'm a dumbass and I wish I would have had those sliders" story. It was two years ago and I was doing a ride to Northern CA with my father when we decided to stop at a weigh station in Oregon to check our riding weight, for fun. I wanted to check the weight of my bike without me on it, but as I was leaning the bike over on it's stand, I quickly realized that I didn't get it kicked down all the way, or had bumped it back up as I was shuffling the bike forward and straight dropped it on it's side. A gardener working on the other side of the road just looked at me like "why did you just throw your bike over like that you moron?" Since my bike was loaded down with all the camping gear, etc., when it started to go over, I couldn't stop it and just had to jump away. It was so sad, and I know I'm just tempting fate further for another one of those moronic episodes by not having them installed by now.

As Dave prepares the old Husky for a run to Auburn, he realizes maybe he'll need to take a run at Bryan's driveway, so he begins practicing to see if he can hit the magical 35 mph barrier...

2700556730048658291S600x600Q85.jpg

--G
If I remember correctly, I bought the Moko (sp?) sliders. They are the ones that don't require me to drill any holes in the plastic, which I would like to avoid if at all possible. Some help on them would be fantastic.
Had those on my '04, install does require loosening the plastic up so you can get to the motor mount bolts and install the plates. Bring all the pieces along and we'll have them on in a jiffy.

--G

Mr. Escape dude (aka Master Plugger). Could you bring your nifty little rack and Motofizz bag for a thorough examination. I'll be gentle...really.

Hi Auburn

I'm hoping I can make it down to your place as well and finally meet many of you that I've corresponded with since December.

Sounds like Sportsguy and I have the same project that we'd like to accomplish. I'm planning on getting the "unnameable" riser plate and drill fixture. Would it be OK for me to try that project at your place as well? I'm sure I'll need plenty of help since I'm not experienced working on motorcycles. I have the 36mm socket and 2008 FJR Service Manual too.

If there's time, I also would like to finish and tidy up a Clearwater LED Lights install I started with Stephen a few weekends ago....shortening up the wires, wrapping up the relays, Positaps, and Posilocks.

Thanks All,

David

Hi AuburnI'm hoping I can make it down to your place as well and finally meet many of you that I've corresponded with since December.

Sounds like Sportsguy and I have the same project that we'd like to accomplish. I'm planning on getting the "unnameable" riser plate and drill fixture. Would it be OK for me to try that project at your place as well? I'm sure I'll need plenty of help since I'm not experienced working on motorcycles. I have the 36mm socket and 2008 FJR Service Manual too.

If there's time, I also would like to finish and tidy up a Clearwater LED Lights install I started with Stephen a few weekends ago....shortening up the wires, wrapping up the relays, Positaps, and Posilocks.

Thanks All,

David
Sportsguy would proably like to use your D/J also.

Hi AuburnI'm hoping I can make it down to your place as well and finally meet many of you that I've corresponded with since December.

Thanks All,

David
Sportsguy would proably like to use your D/J also.
I have no plans to dance, so whatever music he wants to play is fine by me. ;)

...and I have a fresh set of cobalt drill bits to add to the mix. :)

Thanks All,

David

Cool, the MCL fixture comes with the right size cobalt drill bit. Makes the job a snap.

See you here.

I thought you Microsoft guys were all about Acronym's.

To a lowly tool maker guy like me D/J means drill jig, and you will want to take advantage of it.

I thought you Microsoft guys were all about Acronym's.

To a lowly tool maker guy like me D/J means drill jig, and you will want to take advantage of it.
Oh, I'm all for taking advantage of... uh, advantageous things! :)

... and speaking of advantageous... I faux pas on my part may be someone's lucky break. A recent order at Amazon saw me excited expecting The Longest Ride: My Ten-Year 500,000 Mile Motorcycle Journey by Emilio Scotto. Two evenings ago, whilst looking for a book to fill the gap until this latest order arrived, what do I find in my library already? Bingo, Emilio's book!

So... If I can remember to bring it with me, someone can have it for a reduced price at the Tech Day event. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking add a lil tekillya and some serious blackmailin' could be happening...*L*