Poll: Average age of an FJR rider

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as I can throw my leg over the saddle Im ridin............ :yahoo:

Jbeebe!

I was thinking the same thing the last few times I have logged on, and reading the "Birthday" section

of the forum, easy to guess greatest number is in the high 40's-low50's area, also known as

Midlife crisis,,,, folks that cannot afford a Porsche or an affair!!

Redding boy, Come by Eureka! this summer, Free Air Conditioning!! I also had an XS750e, fun

bike, now I gots its big brothers!

FWFE

Eureka! Ca.

Jbeebe!I was thinking the same thing the last few times I have logged on, and reading the "Birthday" section

of the forum, easy to guess greatest number is in the high 40's-low50's area, also known as

Midlife crisis,,,, folks that cannot afford a Porsche or an affair!!

Redding boy, Come by Eureka! this summer, Free Air Conditioning!! I also had an XS750e, fun

bike, now I gots its big brothers!

FWFE

Eureka! Ca.

Sounds like a plan.... I really need to ride 299 past those amazing corners just west of Whiskeytown Lake, but everytime I do I turn around to do them again. :yahoo:

But I've heard there's a great loop west on the 299 to the 101 south and back east on the 36. Any other suggestions?

James Burleigh has promised me a ride to show me the ropes here in NorCal but we weren't able to hook up last summer, maybe this summer!

I just turned 68 and ride either my FJR or my Harley nearly every day. I want to do the Four Corners USA tour this summer, but can't seem to find anyone with the time/money or necessary craziness to take it on.

We don't need another poll...jes show at the meets and you get a pretty fair cross section. Mainly old people that don't act their age...ever.

I was barely 24 when I got my FJR (Now 26). I wasn't aware it was an old mans bike.

I was barely 24 when I got my FJR (Now 26). I wasn't aware it was an old mans bike.
I don't think it is an old man's bike...but all these old people keep showing up at the meets. :)
Old...what's old? I used to think 50 was old, but now that I'm beyond that, I don't think so. I guess I'll be old when I can't ride anymore.

I don't think it is an old man's bike...but all these old people keep showing up at the meets. :)
Wheatie: I've never asked what you do for a living and you know I'm a retired Pipefitter. Are you a Politician or a Diplomat?

We may be old in years, but we're young at heart, Riding FJR's is proof of that! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

We may be old in years, but we're young at heart, Riding FJR's is proof of that! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Wheatie: I've never asked what you do for a living and you know I'm a retired Pipefitter. Are you a Politician or a Diplomat?
Nah, he's just one of those nice guys. He hasn't learned to be a curmudgeon yet. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are the only choices I get? :lol:

Old...what's old? I used to think 50 was old, but now that I'm beyond that, I don't think so. I guess I'll be old when I can't ride anymore.
+1 on that...

I was also 24 when I got my first FJR (a new 2007). My wife enjoys every opportunity to make fun of me for getting an "old man" bike. She says it even looks like a sport bike that got old and grew a beer gut. Oh well; I like it :)

We don't need another poll...jes show at the meets and you get a pretty fair cross section. Mainly old people that don't act their age...ever.
FJR1300 -- Making old people young, every day.

When Ponce de Leon couldn't find the fountain of youth he bought a FJR1300

Slide a leg over my time machine...

FJR1300 -- Ride the way you feel, not the way you look.

Yamaha's magic anti-aging formula: FJR1300

I was feeling old, tired, run down and not enjoying life the way I used to, then my doctor prescribed the all new Gen II FJR1300

I was barely 24 when I got my FJR. I wasn't aware it was an old mans bike.
I was also 24 when I got my first FJR. My wife enjoys every opportunity to make fun of me for getting an "old man" bike.
It's not an "Old man's" bike. It's a "Wise man's" bike. You don't have to be old to be wise, but you have to be wise (or real lucky) to get old....

I bought mine just as soon as I could, about two years after they arrived in our country. I'd waited twenty-five years for the right bike to come along....

I was also 24 when I got my first FJR (a new 2007). My wife enjoys every opportunity to make fun of me for getting an "old man" bike. She says it even looks like a sport bike that got old and grew a beer gut. Oh well; I like it :)
Now That's good!