Post Up, Biatches!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still don’t have a picture of the bike, but I have a 2005 R1 the same color as WC, RTSR1/FJR and LiquidSilver. The only difference in the bikes is mine has a better looking seat attachment. :D
I have cowling too. That's an old pic and didn't have it then. It was on bbbaaaaaccccccckkkkkkkkkkk order forever! Nice touch! For you guys that might want to try GP shift pattern (1 up, 5 down), I have a cheap easy mod for it. You can see it in the pic. Just need to figure out how to do it on the FJR now! Had me messed up a few times when I took it to N.C. 2 weeks ago. lol Not bad though.

yea guys i know its not that hard to do BUT i dont no the way to post the pictures ................... 1975 kawaski z1 900 / 1977 kawasaki kz1000 ...

Thanks RTSR1/FJR.

But if I went to GP shift, I'd want it on every bike I have, and the WR450 MIGHT be a bit of a challenge. :lol:

'05 Hayabusa (keeps my FJR company)... :D

... wonder how you post a picture here?

OK, I don't wanna hear any tuna jokes over this ..... but when I started riding again after a long absense, I wanted a sport-like bike, but figured I would kill myself on a Gixxer ....... so I opted for the Katana. Now that I have my FJR, the Kat just sits in the garage. It doesn't cost me anything to sit here and I take her for an occassional spin so I am in no real hurry to sell her. I also have a daughter that wants to ride and I figure I will teach her on that bike and not my FJR.

kat15.jpg

Nothing wrong with that Katana, for sure. They are a pretty nice sportbike. Not the most wicked track weapon, but a good, solid machine nonetheless.

Nice bike, ock913.....

'99 R1 here. It's sure not pretty anymore, but then again it does have 106,000 miles on it. It's still a blast to ride, but lacking in the power department here in Colorado at the 7000+ ft of elevation.

Grady A. Dunham

Thanks RTSR1/FJR.
But if I went to GP shift, I'd want it on every bike I have, and the WR450 MIGHT be a bit of a challenge. :lol:
I understand! After many years of GP shifting, conventional shifting just doesn't feel right and messes with me every so often. If I can't figure out how to GP shift the FJR, I might have to convert the R1 back. I'd really hate to do that! But for now, I'll live with it. Not too bad yet! lol

Well, if you figure the total number of combinations you can get with an FJR with bags and a topcase, then add an R1 with a Givi, I guess I have 3.5 FJRs and 2.5 R1s.

Here are 3 pics.

sport-TOURING

IMG_1754.jpg

SPORT

IMG_1763.jpg

SPORT-touring

IMG_1778.jpg

It's legit, and yes, wheelies are about 20% easier at any speed.

As far as I know, this is the only '04 or '05 in the world with a Givi. Nobody makes a kit, so I fabbed one. Handling's not bad, but when it's loaded with 50# of crap, transitions are a bit slower than usual.

This is the rig I took to MotoGP from San Diego to Monterey and back. The whole rig - case/mount/etc pops off in about 60 seconds and the regular seat pops in.

My buddies call it the AWACS, but they're always asking if I can carry something for them. I originally mounted the topcase from the FJR on there, but it sorta looks more like a Winnebago with the larger color matched case and rack.

That silver is the color of R1 I want. I wonder if it will come back for 06?

I was talking with the dealer the other day and he said the 06 will be coming in the 50th anniversary yellow paint similar to Rossi's MotoGP bike. That'd be cool for a couple months but I prefer the elegance of the silver or red.

-r

I wanna know more about the tank bra on the FJR. Who? Where? How Much?

I wanna know more about the tank bra on the FJR. Who? Where? How Much?
Is it just me, or does ock's avatar asking about a bra make anyone else chuckle?

(We now return to the normal grown-up talk)

Last edited by a moderator:
Close Warchild! :D Thats my 998s FE with the track body on it. :lol:

Cheers.

Marc

I think ??? :dntknw: that the body on all the 916, 996, 998 models was the same except for the vents in the sides of the fairings. This body was actually a 916/996 body that I modified for the 998. So Yep is does look awfully 916ish does it not. Look close at the big white stripe on the side and see the DUCATI ghosted into the paint. A guy did this paint job for me in his garage and I think it turned out Fantastic. I was just going to rattle can it but he insisted I could NOT do that to a Duc. :D

DUCDUCDUC.jpg

Ride Safe.

Marc