Post Up, Biatches!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
73kkrp.jpg

:)
2005 R1 in Red and Black just like the one above, thanks liquidsilver. and if i knew how to post a Pic i'd show off my 2002 GSXR 750 Race bike.

Last edited:
2005 GSXR 600 for street fun and when it's just too damn hot to ride the FJR. 1991 CBR 600 for the track. Purchased fully race prepped, with almost new tires and even a full tank of gas for $1100.00. It'll do about 145 down the Spokane front stretch so by my math that's about $7 per MPH. Pretty damn CHEAP fun.

01 GSXR 1000 that will be sold to make room for the 06 FJR, in a perfect world i would keep both.

Mine?

A 2003 Aprilia Tuono

Added a Gianelli Ti slip-on and Evoluzione EPROM for better hp

and a Sidewinder 44t rear sprocket and DID X-ring to deliver all

that yummy torque to the proper places. This bike is more fun

than a sack of kittens!

:thumbup:

I don't have a sport bike ,yet.

A Ducati SportClassic PaulSmart1000LE (hell of a moniker,eh?) will arrive at my garage this month,though!

A nice "day tripper" to add to the stable,I think.

In addition to my FJR I have a '98 VFR. Not a SB but sure is fun and sounds wonderful. I had a Honda CBR1000RR '04. Had to sell it as it was just to cramped fort me. But lordy what a bike! Power and speed the FJR could only hope for.

Also ride a Honda XR650L '05.

I'm still looking for some sort off sportbike to add to the fleet. Perhaps the new FZ1 would fill the bill? I had an '02 FZ1 but sold it to get the CBR1000RR.

David

I don't know if this will still qualify as a sport bike. I still have my 1985 Honda VF700F "tarrif buster" Interceptor. With it's bias ply tires and massive 66 hp it ain't the fastest or best handling bike out there but it'll still cruise at 90 all day and go as fast as my old ass wants to thru the twisties. It even took me on a SS1000 last August with nary a hiccup.

'70 Honda Trail Fifty, Beautiful Burgundy Red, 4.5 Serious Horsepower, 8" Custom Japanese Beercan Wheels, 8" Yokohama Gnarly Gnobbies,.....awww Dammit...I thought it said Short Bikes......Nevermind.... :D

Dayem! That looks totally Boss from the front! :clap:

If they would only get rid of the cheese grate sides....... :unsure:

A lot of guys in the Blackbird community are looking hard at this bike. Many are completely disgusted with Honda for abandoning the hyper-sports platform. Honda is just too dicked for words anymore, in this regard... :angry:

This ZX-14 is going to be one bad-ass mofo... I can sense it.... :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

zx14.jpg

14a12.jpg

k06-zx14-bu-actrf-xl.jpg

k06-zx14-bk-oar-xl.jpg

I agree WC...Honda really missed da boat on this one !!! And it'll cost 'em....seems like they're falling off in a lot of areas these days...Maybe we'll see a HyperBlackBird in the offing soon? Prolly not...unfortunate for Big Red...and especially you orphans...sad....

Bobby

This ZX-14 is going to be one bad-ass mofo... I can sense it....  :bigeyes:  :bigeyes:
Yeah, that Kawi might be one bad-ass motorbike and all, but you know what I hate about Kawasakis?

Kawasaki women................................ (this link is NWS)

:eek:mg2:

:megashock:

Now TWN, keep your tongue in your mouth and your other appendages where they belong!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still pondering if I should replace my ZZR-1100 with the 1400... I'm a little bit split, really -- on the one hand I do think the 1400 is just tits, on the other hand my 1100 was the bike that made me want to ride, back in '93, I /really/ love it. Besides, I have a fair bit of time and money (Galespeed wheels, better brakes including SS lines, paintjob, suspension, assorted carbon fiber bits, custom clock faces, helibars, weight loss program to shave a few kg's, reasonable engine tune, etc) put on the 1100, so I don't know if I'm ready to let her go. Maybe I'll just go crazy and keep her and get the 1400 with the $$ the Insurance Thievary, umm pardon, Company is paying me for the crashed XJR.

Ah, decisions, decisions... Why am I not obscenely rich? :D

Hey, ZZR12.... you going to trade-in your ZZR for one of these bad boyz?  :bigeyes:
{new ZX-14}
Dunno warchild, I'll have to actually see one up close. Definitely a hot bike. I'll have to see how the ergos compare with my ZZR (don't want a position any more aggressive than the ZZR), and if Givi or somebody makes a hard-bag fit kit for it (not sure if those pipes are too high). Also wanna see what the tank capacity and range is: my ZZR has about the same range as my wife's FJR; I don't want to have to fill up more often.

It sure is a contender though... :D

I'm hope'n that Suzuki responds to the ZX-14 with a freshened up busa.

Put some sharper edges on the body work(more like a VFR), throw on the latest GSXR FI, brake, suspension technology. Stubby twice pipes that look like next year's 750.

Maybe some optional hard side bags...

That would be tempting. :agent:

:wub:

I'm hope'n that Suzuki responds to the ZX-14 with a freshened up busa.Put some sharper edges on the body work(more like a VFR), throw on the latest GSXR FI, brake, suspension technology. Stubby twice pipes that look like next year's 750.

Maybe some optional hard side bags...

That would be tempting. :agent:

:wub:
Well, I for one hope Suzuki doesnt update the Busa..... I dont think I could afford to own a 3rd bike. :D