Previous Bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny topic, makes me wonder if ANYBODY is riding an FJR as their FIRST bike. '03 Suzuki Volusia cruiser, 800 cc. Sluggish, very exposed to the wind, everything kept rattling loose. Had an old 650 Yamaha, 250 Honda Enduro, an '86 Honda Elite 150 (scooter), couple others. Wanted to go FASTER.

85 FJ 1100 ( second year they made them) Had it since new, installed smoothbore Mikuni's, K & N air filters, Yosh header and pipe. Stone Axe reliable and stronger than hell. Still got the old girl altho She's getting pretty tired, take it for a spin once in a while. Maybe someday, do a ground up restoration on it.

Not as young as I think I am, bones started complaining. Looked at the FJR's when they came out, couldn't convince SWMBO that I needed one. Finally in 05, local Dealer brought one in under an employee's name. I wore her down and She finally agreed, had the FJR home the next day.

89 Yamaha FJ1200 in Shiny Blue (Black). I actually miss that bike, wish I had kept it so my partner could ride.

132653_115_full.jpg

Had a 97 Concours very nice bike, and very good bang for the buck.

FJR came along and took the jump.

Overall the best bike I have owned, does everything very well.

Roger

Mine was a 82 FJ1100. Treated it like a red headed stepson and it just ran like a top. That was back when Montana had a $5.00 conservation speeding ticket that did not go on your record. Use to take $25.00 just to get across the state.
you sure it was an '82? or you sure it was an fj1100? the fj first appeared in 1984, and it was an fj1100. after that, it was 1200cc's, until 1993 in the u.s., maybe a couple more years (?) in europe/asia.

i'm just sayin'...

dean

cincinnati

2004 Yamaha Warrior 1700cc...., Cerilean Silver. Bought it new on my 40th birthday. aluminum frame. sport bike/cruiser hybrid. bad ass bike but very uncomfortable for anything over an hour.

37.jpg

36.jpg

Merely curious...
If you're on an FJR now, what was your last bike, and why did you switch?
VStar 1100. I loved that bike but the cruiser scene wasn't for me. I wanted a fast, touring bike with decent removable bags. I fell in love with the looks of the FJR and the deal was done when I rode it.

Since the FJR is really too big a bike for me, I also have a Ninja 650R which I use for commuting. Then for playtime, I have a TTR125. There are a few other bikes in the garage too. Now and again I'll take Andy's Warrior for a spin.

Of all the bikes we've got, the FJR is the best overall and a ton of fun to ride.

Jill

2001 Suzuki Bandit 600S. This was my first street bike - good first bike, fairly comfortable - but not comfortable enough for long rides. Plus I got tired of dealing with the carbs gumming up during winter storage. I put more miles - 5,500 in the first 3 months of owning my 2007 FJR than the entire lifetime of my Bandit. :D

ST1300. Couldn't take the roasting any longer. Also had some issues with the rear caliper refusing to let go of the disc.

Morning,

My last bike was a 2000 Kawasaki ZRX. I sold it because I wanted something better suited for long distance riding, the odometer hit 90,000, the kid down the road made me an offer, and I kept looking at pictures of the FJR :)

The ZRX is a great bike for the price and fun to ride.

'79 Honda CBX - an awesome machine, but fueling six carbs the range was only about 125 miles. And I had this nagging feeling that some little 27 year old part was about to fail and strand me in the middle of nowhere. Never happened though.
The newest motorcycle I've owned prior to the FJR was an '86 Concours. Decided I needed a more contemporary design and ordered the '06 FJR.

You and my buddy in Memphis would get along great... He found this link to a custom CBX..

https://www.mcbroom.biz/moto/bikes/Honda/Ho...ustom-CW-p1.jpg

https://www.mcbroom.biz/moto/bikes/Honda/Ho...ustom-CW-p2.jpg

https://www.mcbroom.biz/moto/bikes/Honda/Ho...ustom-CW-p3.jpg

...and to keep on topic a bit....I had an 84 Venture. The plastic was getting brittle and I was working on it more than I was riding it. Still have it if anyone is interested. Could make a good parts bike for someone. :D

Ray

My last bike was a Ducati S4R. It was a great bike but I was having a hard time exercising self control. Besides I needed something a little more comfortable.

I had Four differant bikes last year sold 1800 Wing bought a CBR600RR sold it bought a 1800 VTX sold it bought FJR and love it.

I still have a 02 CBR1100, awsome bike. Depends on what kind of riding I want do, which one I take. Also have a KTM 525EXC when I want to get dirty. Ya, I'm spoiled.

I still have a 76 CB750. It didn't do the 2-up riding, even with the preload all the way up, it would bottom out as soon as someone hopped on the back...

I tried a VTX1300, some people convinced me a cruiser was the way to go for longer distance riding. Boy, was that a waste of time...The bike was comfortable around town, but on a 2 hour ride out on a highway, I couldn't stand it. I was ready to sell that bike after a little over a month. In fact, after a month, I was back on the 750...

99 ZRX1100. Needed something with a little more room for two up riding. Wanted the hard bags. Couldn't believe the perfomance increase going to the FJR.
The lower performance came standard with the 1100, unlike the '02 1200 in my avatar, which I still have.

Gotta have 2 bikes. :)

2002 Black FZ1.

I miss really miss her: light, nimble, fast, and she fit me perfectly. I'm still trying to get use to the +150 lbs of the 2008 FJR. But once I get going, she a fun ride....

X