• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Replacement ZUMO Security Screw / Knob

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim,

Thanks for setting this up. I will take two and if you want and guys do not care we can use my paypal account. As long as people are not going to use credit card and we stay under 500 there will be no extra charge for the fee. And we can meet with you and I will just cut you a check and will open my account to you for verification.

Let me know. Either way I am in for two.

I went to Ace Hardware and bought a screw, and two nuts and made my own. Not sure I understand the need for a 2nd one.

edit: I originally said I'm in for one, but I think I'll pass. Thanks for the offer though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Took 1 week of using the original security screw before yanking that stupid little thing out of the mount.

Count me in for 2 of these.

I went to Ace Hardware and bought a screw, and two nuts and made my own, but I'm in for one of these. Not sure I understand the need for a 2nd one.
They had 2mm X 4? Really? I can't find any locally.
No, I bought a longer screw to accommodate the brass piece I used to make the thumbscrew.

Here's a picture:

DSCF1658_small.jpg

Maybe I'm missing something, but what stops someone from just walking by and unscrewing this?
Absolutely nothing... But the 'security screw' is a bitch, it's so small and you have to carry a tool that's on your keychain which comes unscrewed and gets lost.

This is easy in/easy out. So you're more likely to take the zumo out and put it in say a side case where it's more secure anyway because it's easy.

I have one, they are great... Ordered from the same guy a long time ago. He ships via USPS and my first order never arrived. He re-mailed them w/o question. It seems they get eaten all the time by mail handling equipment.
Thanks. I'll pass. Depending on where I'm riding, I either leave it screwless, and pull it/stash it in a sidecase when I stop, or screw it down with the Garmin screw. Guess I'm way in the minority here, but I think a replacement for a security screw shouldn't make the situation less secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.