• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Replacement ZUMO Security Screw / Knob

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take 4 of them. Me + 2 friends + a spare.

Any details on how and when this will be done?

I have two now, one mounted and one as a spare, and love them. Put me down for two more.

Here is a running total. If you do not agree on the number please advise. Tim, if you are already keeping track I will bug out

1FJR 2

artistic rider 2

BIODSL 2

Brooklyn 2

Canes 2

caryb 2

ceddec 2

cougar8000 2

Curious in CT 2

dcarver 2 I guess

DocDanDC 2

DouginNJ 2

Duff 1 "Duff, make up your mind. is it 1 or or 2 or 3 :) "

echo690 2

eeksnake 2

eg23232 2

FJRay 2

gfran 2

HaulinAshe 2

huk finn 2

Jaycen 2

Joe 2

John T 2

jwhite518 1 --Adjusted

KillerMedic 2

LAroo 3

Low Level FJR.. 2

mfletch69 2

ngarider 2

Niehart 2

ock913 4

opt8low 2

ponyfool 1 Trying to be difficult :)

Qwindelzorf 2

RICLET 2

rnees 2 "He did not say how many, but I say put him for 2 :) "

road runner 2

shredder 2

spyderbret 2

taterides 2

tcfjr 2

twowheelnut 2

UberKul 2

WinnipegTechGuy 2

CraigRegs 2

===

Added CraigRegs

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been keeping a rough count, but I haven't had a lot of time to get back to this, as I am busy getting ready for NAFO.

PLEASE NOTE: As I stated in the first post, the owner of the company that makes these screws is on vacation until 8/3/08. He was nice enough to reply to my original E-Mail and let me know that he would work up some pricing, and get it back to me as soon as he gets back home (must be checking his E-Mails remotely). He did indicate that the price breaks would be at 25, 50 or 100 pieces, so if we can get another 12 or so ordered we should be able to get the best price. I will update this around 8/3/08 when I am able to get more information from the manufacturer.

Tim / TriggerT

Yeah, so I'm coming back from Laguna-Seca, up CA 9 and make a quick pee stop. The Zumo was making some noise so I took it off to brush off the contacts. After putting it back on and screwing it down, oops there goes to driver down in to the fairing somewhere. I spent about 45 minutes trying to find the damn thing. Never did. It probably worked its way down and fell out somewhere on CA 35 (if you find it, please let me know!). So the next three days couldn't take the damn thing off the bike. Luckily it wasn't stolen from the various motel parking lots. Now waiting for a replacement driver and new mount from Garmin.....

Yeah, so I'm coming back from Laguna-Seca, up CA 9 and make a quick pee stop. The Zumo was making some noise so I took it off to brush off the contacts. After putting it back on and screwing it down, oops there goes to driver down in to the fairing somewhere. I spent about 45 minutes trying to find the damn thing. Never did. It probably worked its way down and fell out somewhere on CA 35 (if you find it, please let me know!). So the next three days couldn't take the damn thing off the bike. Luckily it wasn't stolen from the various motel parking lots. Now waiting for a replacement driver and new mount from Garmin.....
I have a spare Garmin screwdriver, let me know if Garmin doesn't ship yours quickly enough.

Damm, with all you guys buying these things I should just wait till the next group ride and steal one! :aaevil:

Im in for 2 as well

Status
Not open for further replies.