Rider Down

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I wanted to say thanks for all the well wishes from my accident on the way to SFO. I received a vase of flowers from Michelle Syverson, and Mark Johnson. I want to say thanks to anyone else who contributed. We certainly are composed of a group of which I am honored to be a member. Thanks all. Ron

CIMG3266.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamaha has recalled all '03 through '05 FJR1300 models (Link). On certain motorcycles, an improperly designed throttle position sensor could cause an intermittently unstable idle when the engine is at idling speed when the motorcycle is stopped or during low-speed operations. The engine could stall as a result. If the engine stalls after the operator disengages the clutch in a low gear while riding, the rear tire might slip momentarily if the operator abruptly re-engages the clutch. 39,000 motorcycles are affected.
https://motorcycles.about.com/b/a/257717.htm

Could this explain Ron's accident??

Welcome,

The TPS wearing out has been a known problem here (1-2% of bikes having problems). It is unlikely that it caused Rons fall (but nothings totally imposable).

Ron,

I had a close call with car a year ago that turned in front of me. I did not crash into his car I'm sure because I did not lock eyes onto his car as I veered right away from him. However, I do not know how I did not hit him and fly over the hood of his car. To this day, I have no visual memory of the evasive maneuver that saved me from injury or worse. That is, I cannot replay in my mind that short span of time where I thought injury was going to take place.

Obviously, you had a hard concussion and that also contributes to a "blank spot" of memory. However, I had no concussion and still had some memory blank of that moment. Therefore, the body must have some mechanism that deals with that. Therefore, I wouldn't sweat the memory issue. It seems almost universal for that to happen...quite natural given the circumstances.

Glad you're starting to feel better..

Last edited by a moderator: