Riding Groups Dallas/ Fort Worth area

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's starting to not sound like a "ride-in" kinda thang.....especially if the words bonedaddy or hooters is involved.

Its a Meet and Eat. Ride if you want. I can't. My seat has been sent off to Russell.

I vote for Bone Daddy's too cause I remember that they had a pretty good price on Crown. :D

Depending on the size of our group, we may need to be there earlier than noon to get some seats. I can check on reservations but I'm guessing probably not.

So whose in?

Its a Meet and Eat. Ride if you want. I can't. My seat has been sent off to Russell.
I vote for Bone Daddy's too cause I remember that they had a pretty good price on Crown. :D

Depending on the size of our group, we may need to be there earlier than noon to get some seats. I can check on reservations but I'm guessing probably not.

So whose in?

Count me in. I would like to meet some of my fellow FJR riders in the Metroplex (or from outside it as well).

Rex

RLTW!!

Cool Rex! ok. add your name to the list.

1. chik

2. rangerk9

cmon boys! Sunday, December 9. noonish or a bit earlier. Bone Daddy's in Grapevine. Meet n Eat. Ride or drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool Rex! ok. add your name to the list.
1. chik

2. rangerk9

cmon boys! Sunday, December 9. noonish or a bit earlier. Bone Daddy's in Grapevine. Meet n Eat. Ride or drive.

It is on my list of things to do.........

Bryan

Noon?....gotta work that day. Been wanting to check out bonedaddys....heard all kinds of good stuff about the employee dress code.

Hello Fjrchik,

Thanks for the heads-up on the December 9th meeting.

I would definitely be up for a gathering except I have two minor glitches, I start a three day flight sequence that morning, and my front tire valve just failed today.

For someone that is mechanically challenged, and a lack of all the fancy tools, have to figure out how to, jack the bike up so the front wheel is off the ground, remove the brake calipers, loosen the pinch bolts, not sure if I have to do something with the ABS and loosen and remove the front axle to take the front wheel off and take it to Stadium Yamaha 70 miles away so they can take the tire off, put a new tire valve assembly on and then remount and rebalance the tire so I can take the whole shebang back home and mount it up.

Does anybody have a good torque wrench? (Ha Ha). Can anybody recommend a good torque wrench, cost and where to buy one?

Keep me in mind for future gatherings because if I'm not flying the the FJR is in running condition, I'm there!

Scott

I too have obligations til 12:30!

If I cage it, the Wife might come.

Either way, it'll be closer to 1:30 before I could get there.
Party2.gif

Hi Scott!!!
wingwalker.gif

Good Luck with your tire.

Hi Bryan!!!!
av-2771.gif

Is this you going to work??

Awesome Don - bring the wifey, would love to meet her! I'll put u on the list!

1. chik

2. rangerk9

3. leartech

4. tejasFJR

5. GPRider

6. donroger1

Awesome Don - bring the wifey, would love to meet her! I'll put u on the list!
1. chik

2. rangerk9

3. leartech

4. tejasFJR

5. GPRider

6. donroger1
:huh: The Missus just reminded me of a previous commitment. Christmas party @ 1:00.

Guess I miss this one.

Some of us North Texas gang should get together here pretty soon. I work every other Saturday, and those not worked I have the little girl. So, she might have to come along for entertainment value.
I did ride today. 39 degrees and rain, the bike hadn't been awake for a few days, so I thought what the hell. It was fun.

Think about a Sunday get together for lunch or something.

And yes Mary, show up some time. We will work on you until you get back onto an FJR.

Take care all,

Bryan

Thanks! Not sure yet about Sat yet, I have one more interview next week and then hopefully I can start work.

Have to find a job and a new place to live! Another instance of life getting in the way of riding!

Anyway, chances are I wont' get another FJR. but how abut I paint a Triumph Sprint ST and paint it the wonderful fast Yammie blue like my 05 and pretend? <G>

I sat on one the other day, if fits me way better than the FJR. Now to sell a couple of bikes and an RV....

In the meantime, I hope ya'll wont' throw me out if I show up on a Harley or a Triumph! Or cage it... not used to these cold Texas temps! :rolleyes:

Mary

Last edited by a moderator: