Riding / Work Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TriggerT,
Danner boots - end of story. Best boots you'll ever own and they will last forever. I've had a few pair for the last 13 years at work, but have had a pair of brown ones like these that I just wear around town. You never know when you might have to be ready to grouse hunt.

:pig_ball:

Phhhhtttt. Real men wear these: White's Boots. Best boots on the planet.

+1 Cruiserworks Tour boot. B)

Comfortable, water-proof and durable (~ 8 yrs old with lots of wear). Hot in warm weather, though.

Dunham 6" Helcor + Schoeller steel toe work boot. Slip Resistant sole. More comfy than military style boots due to the shorter height. Grey and black color more stylish for riding than typical work boot. FJR isn't the easiest shifter in the world, so I got the steel toe.

Sorry, I looked at the site for White Boots and there's just something about the one labled "Lace Up Cowboy Packer" that makes me nervous :stop: . Can you say Brokeback?

;)
Point well taken. You'd be surprised what those cowboys will wear. I've had a pair of the smokejumpers for a looooonnnnggg time. When they wear out I'll send 'em back for a rebuild. Or, my survivors will. Best outdoor work boot I've ever had. Like wearing old friends every time I put them on.

Sorry, I looked at the site for White Boots and there's just something about the one labled "Lace Up Cowboy Packer" that makes me nervous :stop: . Can you say Brokeback?

;)
Point well taken. You'd be surprised what those cowboys will wear. I've had a pair of the smokejumpers for a looooonnnnggg time. When they wear out I'll send 'em back for a rebuild. Or, my survivors will. Best outdoor work boot I've ever had. Like wearing old friends every time I put them on.
It's a credibility issue, Saread. And it stumbled at the "butt-crack" avatar.

;)
OK. I'm not feelin' the love. I will leave now. Adios.

;)
OK. I'm not feelin' the love. I will leave now. Adios.
Hey, wait! Don't leave us with the butt-crack!

;)

Yeah, no shit. I think a couple of the Village People were wearing their "Line Man" model... :blink:

:(

I've used many styles over the years in search of that "superboot" for riding. My personal preference always comes back to a well used pair of these; https://tinyurl.com/4nucay. I tend to like steel toes because they seem to enhance and ease shifting, especially when riding old Beemers.
If I'm not wearing the above I'm wearing a 6" lace up steel toe, more often during warmer weather too.

I have found a Harley boot that I have got ordered, the "Island" https://tinyurl.com/3f7egp , we'll put them to the "superboot" test here shortly, along with some black dye to cover up those despicable letters plaster on them.

I think anything is better than Nikes but should cover the ankle and be secure enough as not to come off during a unfortunate road rash episode.

good luck.
well, these new boots are too damn narrow.

I haven't defaced them and had them on twice, I don't think they are going to stretch.....cost me almost $70.00....offers taken size 8.5. :(

I've put many a mile on Rocky Eliminator boots over the years. A while back I switched to Oxtar Matrix riding boots with better shin and ankle protection. I've worn them to work without a problem as they don't try to double as power ranger boots.

The Matrix is being renamed as Oxtar was bought by another company but it will still be available with a rebadging and price hike.

Reading this got me interested in buying a pair of boots that I could walk around in during the day also. I ended up at Boot Barn and found some black Dr. Martens with a steel toe. I always have trouble finding shoes that fit because god gave me size 13 flippers instead of feet. I put these boots on and they were very nice. They had a wide toe box and were super comfy. I wore them for 6 hours today and they were very comfy. I think they are worth a look.
Here is the link

Check it out
I just got back into town. I rode to Las Vegas for business and only took my new Dr. Martin boots. I wore them all day for three days straight and I did not have any problems. I found them very comfortable to ride in, even more so than my Alpinestar riding boots. They are even easy to take off and put on.

I have to give these boots 5 out of 5 stars for comfort.

They are definitely worth a look if you have big wide feet.

Thanks for starting this thread. I would not have gone out to the store to look around if it wasn't you guys.

I love you guys man!

John

:(
I've used many styles over the years in search of that "superboot" for riding. My personal preference always comes back to a well used pair of these; https://tinyurl.com/4nucay. I tend to like steel toes because they seem to enhance and ease shifting, especially when riding old Beemers.
If I'm not wearing the above I'm wearing a 6" lace up steel toe, more often during warmer weather too.

I have found a Harley boot that I have got ordered, the "Island" https://tinyurl.com/3f7egp , we'll put them to the "superboot" test here shortly, along with some black dye to cover up those despicable letters plaster on them.

I think anything is better than Nikes but should cover the ankle and be secure enough as not to come off during a unfortunate road rash episode.

good luck.
well, these new boots are too damn narrow.

I haven't defaced them and had them on twice, I don't think they are going to stretch.....cost me almost $70.00....offers taken size 8.5. :(
STILL HAVE'EM .............. $50.00 SHIPPED

I have had excellent results with Red Wing boots for dual purpose. I have three pair of different styles, including one that is steel toed.

Because of some foot problems I've been working through with my left big toe (accute arthritis thanks to too many miles on an ST1100 with Bass Pro Shops waterproof Rancher slip on boots), I have switched to the Sidi Vertigo Corsa Air boots for riding. Although these are incredibly comfortable due to the adjustments for both width and calf, they're really not well suited to a lot of work environments.

All I have are Harley boots (cause I rode a Fatboy in 2001-2002)... one's the traditional biker boot (no laces) while the other is a lace-up with mesh sides and a steel toe. Purchased in 2001... the first pair cost about $125 and the second (which remind me of my Army days) about $180, I think. I bought a third pair online for $25. They're really a dress boot, though I wore them several times on the Interceptor. They are just over the ankle with lots of metal hardware for that manly look hahahaha!

Stella bought a pair of Harley boots last week and likes them, though she's ordered a pair of Redwings too.

Just cause I traded the Fatboy for a Honda doesn't mean a change in clothing cause, primarily, I can't afford it. I've got a dress Harley jacket, a black leather jacket, a jacket whose name I forget but the leather is patchwork in various shades. I've also got two Harley denim jackets, one long and one short-sleeved. These days I ride my FJR wearing my red Joe Rocket jacket, which I find quite comfortable.

Now, for gloves, well, let's say I'm still looking for the perfect fit.

I've been wearing Redwings like these since I was ten-years old. I bought a motorcycle specific boot about a year ago, but find I still prefer to slip these on. There waterproof in moderate rain ( with a good coat of mink oil ) and cool in the summer time, but too cold when temps fall below 35, and should be good for a construction site.

1159.jpg

I've been wearing Redwings like these since I was ten-years old. I bought a motorcycle specific boot about a year ago, but find I still prefer to slip these on. There waterproof in moderate rain ( with a good coat of mink oil ) and cool in the summer time, but too cold when temps fall below 35, and should be good for a construction site.
1159.jpg
the concern i'd have with any slip-on type boot is are they going to stay on if i'm in a get-off?

dean

cincinnati

Timberland PRO hard toe work boots. Look good and feel good. Come in wide sizes:

pTBL-2464523v250.jpg

Also available in the "hiker" look if that's your thing:

pTBL-2051253v250.jpg