RIFLE Windshield on 09 AE Titanium Metallic

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bababang

Reaction score
OK

About to purchase RIFLE windshield for my 09 FJR AE with Titanium Metallic trim. Does anybody have pictures of the med bronze tint on this color trim? I'm kinda leaning towards a clear screen. Also, I'm uncertain about the size, I'm 6'1" and 30 inseam. Everything is stock except I'm strongly considering a Russell custom seat with the corbin as a runner up.

thanks

See this recent thread regarding after market seats. I have a Russell and I have had Russell on my last 4 motorcycles.

No experience with Riffle, my screen is a Cee Bailey 4+ wide, 4+ high with reverse flip - great screen for colder climates. I likely will get a 0+ wide, 2+ high for summer use.

See this recent thread regarding after market seats. I have a Russell and I have had Russell on my last 4 motorcycles.

No experience with Riffle, my screen is a Cee Bailey 4+ wide, 4+ high with reverse flip - great screen for colder climates. I likely will get a 0+ wide, 2+ high for summer use.

Thanks for the link, I read it earlier and pretty much came to the conclusion the Russell is the way to go, Although I'm still trying to warm up to the style problem, I know,I know, you don't see it when your riding, but there butt ugly, no pun intended. I'm trying to figure out what materials, pattern, and color would best work.

Thanks for the link, I read it earlier and pretty much came to the conclusion the Russell is the way to go, Although I'm still trying to warm up to the style problem, I know,I know, you don't see it when your riding, but there butt ugly, no pun intended. I'm trying to figure out what materials, pattern, and color would best work.

Russell seats are butt ugly but my butt is what is important and your butt will warm up to ugly on a 500+ mile day. Ugly is a thing of beauty!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 6'2" with a 32" inseam. I bought the biggest non-custom Rifle for my 08 and have achieved near to windscreen Nirvana. Stock seat BTW.

OK

About to purchase RIFLE windshield for my 09 FJR AE with Titanium Metallic trim. Does anybody have pictures of the med bronze tint on this color trim? I'm kinda leaning towards a clear screen. Also, I'm uncertain about the size, I'm 6'1" and 30 inseam. Everything is stock except I'm strongly considering a Russell custom seat with the corbin as a runner up.

thanks
I have the medium bronze on my Black Cheery '07, and it is a little darker than I'd prefer, but I like it. A light bronze would be perfect. I have seen a light blue on a silver bike, and it has a nice blue aura around the edges when you look at it, very kool. I'd go with that. From the front you'd hardly know it wasn't a clear shield but it is a very light blue tint.

OK

thanks
I have the medium bronze on my Black Cheery '07, and it is a little darker than I'd prefer, but I like it. A light bronze would be perfect. I have seen a light blue on a silver bike, and it has a nice blue aura around the edges when you look at it, very kool. I'd go with that. From the front you'd hardly know it wasn't a clear shield but it is a very light blue tint.
I am 5' 10", 30" inseam and have a +5 High +4 wide and love it to death! Down it is completely out of my sight line, up I am totally behind and below it.

That said it is a sail, the higher it goes up, the more wind it pushes. I have actually been using it to watch riding position and how well I am "cutting" the air. I tend to change positions depending on mood or road, either more bending forward over the tank, more weight on my wrists for paying attention and moving, or a good "Yoda" riding position, bent at the hip, slight arch of the back, and no weight on my wrists and a very light grip.

What I am finding is if the Rifle is chattering in all but the full up position I can smooth it out by either a slight change of it, or my riding position. That is the thing I like about a +5 is it takes very little up to get you out of wind and it stays way out of your sight line.

Now bad weather, fully up it will rock and roll and chatter a bit on the arms of the FJR so I do try to adjust staying dry, riding in a comfortable position, and keep the chatter out at most times but sometimes it happens. I really don't stress the chatter too much as the wedge/V construction of the Rifle bolt up mechanism is very solid, but I do not want to stress the FJR arm/mechanism.

All I can say is it was the only shield I know as I put it on with 0 miles while I recovered from a accident.

I love it, and I did not change it Summer to Winter as others do. Drove it through West Virgina in heat and it did not bother me at all. Drove it about 55 miles this Sunday in some pretty good rain and it was very nice protection.

Since I have a '10 I got Light Gray and am fine with it.

OK

thanks
If some comparison will help, I'm 5'9" and also have a 30" inseam. Therefore, if you're sitting on a Russell seat (as I am) your helmet should be 4" higher than mine is.

My Rifle is +3 inches tall and +4 inches wide and it's now the only screen that I now use. It's worked well (for me) in temperatures ranging from 113 down to 21 and did well in the rain when I spent six hours riding through Hurricane Irene.

NOTE: In the past, I alternated between an OEM, a Yamaha Touring Screen, a Yamaha Touring Screen with a Laminar Lip, a Medium Calsci and a Large Calsci.

Based on your longer torso and color of the bike, I'd go for the +5 inches tall and the +4 inches wide size and definitely the Medium Bronze Tint

Last edited by a moderator:
OK

thanks
I am a little over 6'2", 36" inseam. Rifle has made custom screens for both my Gen1 and now my Gen2 FJRs. I ordered the light smoke for the black '08 FJR, and it looks great, without detracting from night visibility. Both screens have been fantastic for quality, durability, weather protection, and smooth, quiet airflow. Custom sizes are very reasonably priced.

Russell is the last word in seats, without question. I have about 400K on Russells, between a K75 and my Gen1 FJR, and plan to order another for the Gen2 as soon as it will fit in the budget.

The range of adjustment offered with the stock screen mechanism will give you plenty of room to tailor the height to your needs when you add a custom seat and/or bar risers.

Best regards,

John Ryan

OK

thanks
Here's a pic of my rifle which is the medium bronze, but it's obviously not Titanium Metallic trim.

100_3138Medium.jpg

OK, here's another one:

100_3241Medium.jpg

Anyway, I love this windscreen!!

OK

thanks
Here's a pic of my rifle which is the medium bronze, but it's obviously not Titanium Metallic trim.

100_3138Medium.jpg

OK, here's another one:

100_3241Medium.jpg

Anyway, I love this windscreen!!

Those are awesome pics, thank you! I placed the order and went with a +5, +4 wide clear. I've had other tinted windsheilds and some times wished they where clear when driving at night.

I appreciate all the replys on this topic

thanks

Mike

I would check with the rifle folks on the phone. Seems like there was a post around about here about delayed shipping because of a tuning block situation.