• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Found Saddlebag lock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cookie

Reaction score
Does anyone have a side case lock and key for sale? The screws holding it on came loose on a return trip from West Virginia and Virginia. It ejected somewhere along the way home.

Let me know if you have one or even two available for sale. I have a Givi top case, so I don't need three.

Thanks,
Jim

Does anyone have a side case lock and key for sale? The screws holding it on came loose on a return trip from West Virginia and Virginia. It ejected somewhere along the way home.

Let me know if you have one or even two available for sale. I have a Givi top case, so I don't need three.

Thanks,
Jim
Choose as many as you like.
https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/o...s/56329db687a866079834c238/side-case-lock-set

You can usually get a locksmith to re-key the new lock to your old key.
Or get a new key cut with one side for the old lock and the other side for the new lock.

dan

Last edited:
Those screws are supposed to have blue loctite on them. Dealer prep instructions for new FJR specify to do that. But of course, far too many dealers don't bother. It's one of the first things I do on any new FJR I acquire.

Thanks,
Jim
hey Jim I might be able to help you.. do you need the latch as well? I only have one of those

Thanks,
Jim
so yes I do have a couple, I wouldn't charge you for them just shipping

Thanks,
Jim
I got a very cheap replacement lock from the hardware store that fit the hole in my replacement case. I had to do some work on the flat metal piece and might have had to add a washer. The down side is that it uses a separate small key and can't be rekeyed for the Yamaha key. On the other hand, it was less than $10 and has worked for 3+ years now. I don't recall the brand but I think it was sold as a drawer lock.