Saddlebags- On or Off?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you ride?

• Bags On?

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Bags Off?

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • My bags come off?

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
I like having the things I need with me(pack-rat),And I don't like carring weight high if I can help it,so I don't use top boxes.As already said,it's good protection as well,but if you get in a cat and mouse chase and loose,you can blame the bags.......I used to have plates that basicily said backmarker,so if they beat me,I could say "so you beat a back marker".....But if I won they were beat by a backmarker....win/win

I only use them on long trips, which are once or twice a year. No such option, so voted 'bags off'. Later.

JC

Always on. Around here, if its not chained down people figure you don't want it as bad as they do. Since we have a mandatory helmet law I need the storage everytime I ride.

I have the bags on all the time. Have not left the driveway without them. My rain gear and maps reside in the left bag and my every day stuff lives in the right bag. One of these days I'm gonna take them off and go for a ride. Who knows...Maybe like a few others I'll be converted. I don't have a top case but really don't like the looks of the Feej with a topcase on and no bags. I also don't use a tank bag because I am under the impression the bag has to come off to fuel. Is that true, or have I been lied to?

I also don't use a tank bag because I am under the impression the bag has to come off to fuel. Is that true, or have I been lied to?
Until someone invents a tankbag with an integrated fuel spout, yes the bag has to be moved to fuel.

There are ways to make fueling faster and less hassle than with a standard strap-attached tank bag. Big Mak makes a nice mounting system that puts the tank bag on a hinge. You just rotate it upward. Easy peasy. With a magnetic tank bag you can easily move the whole bag to the rider seat. Both mounting methods are secure without straps.

I rode with my bags off for the first time today, and i was surprised at how noticable it was especially under braking. I also like the looks with out the bags, and the lack of weight has me thinking about a lighter set of slipons (2bros?) and a top case for utility purposes...

Anyone have pictures of their bikes with the givi v46 or e52 on, without the side bags? If you're using the sw-motech rack, that's even better (likely what I'd use).

I also don't use a tank bag because I am under the impression the bag has to come off to fuel. Is that true, or have I been lied to?
Until someone invents a tankbag with an integrated fuel spout, yes the bag has to be moved to fuel.

There are ways to make fueling faster and less hassle than with a standard strap-attached tank bag. Big Mak makes a nice mounting system that puts the tank bag on a hinge. You just rotate it upward. Easy peasy. With a magnetic tank bag you can easily move the whole bag to the rider seat. Both mounting methods are secure without straps.
I'd love my magnetic tank bag if it didn't scratch the paint so much. :angry2: