Schuberth C3 coming to US?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That bluetooth color for the C3 is almost as expensive as the helmet itself..........
R
I agree...I could purchase a good helmet for the price of the blue tooth module. Also, you don't have much of a choice if you want comms because they located the sunshade lever on the lower left edge of the helmet. No good place to mount any of the other units. I have to admit though that the integration is probable the best I have seen. The entire helmet looks well designed. Web Bike World gives it rave reviews.

OK, what makes a Schuberth any better than any other helmet so long it meets DOT and Snell?

A motorcylist wearing a Schubeth helmet is equivalent to a woman carrying a Louis Vuitton purse?

Like other products made by the Germans, if there was a market in the U.S., it would be here in quantity. The U.S probably has some of the most stringent safety requirements in the world, does the Schuberth not meet these requirements? If Arai and Shoei and some others are not expensive enough, paying close to a grand for a helmet is a bit over board.

I know, I know, "if your head is only worth $50, wear a $50 helmet". I did a search and can't find a single pro racer that wears a Schubeth?

It's probably good today is not Friday, because I just opened a can of worms for you Louis Vuitton, Coach and Versace wearers. By the way, did you hear Rolls Royce is coming out with both, a sport bike and a touring model for just under $300k!

Looks nice. The reason I don't have a flip up helmet is because of the size/weight. Maybe this will give me a nudge in the right direction.

OK, what makes a Schuberth any better than any other helmet so long it meets DOT and Snell?
A motorcylist wearing a Schubeth helmet is equivalent to a woman carrying a Louis Vuitton purse?

Like other products made by the Germans, if there was a market in the U.S., it would be here in quantity. The U.S probably has some of the most stringent safety requirements in the world, does the Schuberth not meet these requirements? If Arai and Shoei and some others are not expensive enough, paying close to a grand for a helmet is a bit over board.

I know, I know, "if your head is only worth $50, wear a $50 helmet". I did a search and can't find a single pro racer that wears a Schubeth?

It's probably good today is not Friday, because I just opened a can of worms for you Louis Vuitton, Coach and Versace wearers. By the way, did you hear Rolls Royce is coming out with both, a sport bike and a touring model for just under $300k!
If you have to ask "cool guy riders" like Fairlaner and Papa Chuy why we always own Schuberth, then you'd better stay with your K-Mart Helmet! I own every Schubert model, once I get my C3!

Last edited by a moderator:

No exactly... my friend Ian (yes, he's British, lives there) did a 50 state ride in honor of a friend... he's got a Schuberth carbon fiber helmets. I don't think it even weighs one pound. When I picked it up, I dang near dropped it, like trying to pick up a balloon!! He says it's also very quiet. Price at the time (like 5 years ago) $1600 ... on sale. Said it was worth every penny.

He said long distance riders use it, makes a big difference touring, you don't get as tired. Racers? Pbly because the sponsors don't want to pay that much. Racers usually don't live on their bikes for weeks/months at a time, either. Oh, and much younger racers pbly wouldn't notice 3-5 lbs of weight sitting on their necks nearly as much as the ummm.... "older" 50-60 year old BMW touring guys...<G>

I got a Caburg flip up... it was extremely heavy. Kept the shield down on the FJR, the wind helped me sit up. When I stopped, the weight of the helmet pulled my head down. I thot I was imagining it, but when my son picked that helmet up, first thing outta his mouth was Mom, sell this, it's just way too heavy. That helmet was also for round headed people, didn't really fit me. Really liked it tho. Would love to have a Schuberth flip up.

Mary

I agree with Big-D that some folks spend a lot of money for a name and not necessarily quality. I don't think that's the case here though. Doing a quick search finds the C3 for $600 US (from across the pond.) This puts the helmet well within the same price range as some other "top shelf" helmets. I think what makes this helmet stand out is the testing that Schuberth does prior to production. The reviews seem to indicate that this would be the ideal long range, year round helmet. Many of us use at least two helmets for account for changing seasons. To have one that does is all would be fantastic. Is this it? I don't know, but it sure sounds like it comes close!

As a non koolaid drinker, let me try to explain. It's mostly about fit, quality and comfort, (weight and noise). IF the Schuberth fits your head, it's a very good helmet, on par with any of the top helmets already here. The BMW helmets used to be Schuberth made, not so sure about the current System 5 that we also can't get.

The C-3 is supposed to be lighter and quieter than previous models, (which didn't suck), though for me the C-2 was not as comfortable as my Shoie Multi-tech, but that's a head shape issue.

If I could get a quality carbon flip that fit well, I'd probably spend the big bucks. Every rider I ever met that had one raved about it.

That looks like sweet competition for my N103. Does anyone know how the shape compares to the latest Nolans or other helmets? (The N103 is a lot different from the old N100...)

That looks like sweet competition for my N103. Does anyone know how the shape compares to the latest Nolans or other helmets? (The N103 is a lot different from the old N100...)
My N103 is a lot louder than my N102 was. I like Nolan helmets but the 103 has been way too loud and I've been disappointed with that alone. The Schubie looks nice but six bills would go a long way towards other creature comforts. 84 db is a nice selling point though...

My N103 is a lot louder than my N102 was. I like Nolan helmets but the 103 has been way too loud and I've been disappointed with that alone. The Schubie looks nice but six bills would go a long way towards other creature comforts. 84 db is a nice selling point though...
Actually for me, it's definitely the other way round, but that's probably because the N102 & N100 didn't fit my head shape at all, but the 103 fits really well.

The N100 I could stick my whole hand in the left and right side because it was way too short fore/aft and too wide left/right. Unfortunately it was pretty much the only modular with a buckle, so I didn't have much choice.

So that's why I was wondering what head shape the C3 is... hopefully it'll be around at Bike Week to try on.

EDIT: and a Schuberth I bought about 10-15 years ago was so loud I couldn't wear it even with earplugs in, because if the airflow around some weird "medical info" carrier thingie, and major gaps with the modular. I see the new one's a lot more aerodynamic. This was back when it was pretty much the only flip up.

worth every penny thought........
R
I am really glad to hear that the Schuberth C3 will soon be available in the US. I had asked a British friend of mine to bring one back for me on his last trip to England, the Bastard Arse blew me off!
The phone lines work both ways..........i have to say the sizes on the c3 are way different to the C2 and the S1 i have, I have XXl in both of those and a large in the C3..

As far as the com systems go I hooked mine up to an Autocom with no problem.

R

Actually I just walked from my den to the garage and realised that Don was not talking abot me because i am English not Bitish as he put it.....

I got mine last at a place called Hein Gericke (or something like) it was 469 pounds with No VAT as it is a safety item. At the time that was $708.00, current exchange rate equals $731.00.

to get one for $600 the pound dollar has to change quite a bit and right now it is not gioing yourway.

R