SE Ohio Ramble - 2-4 May 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All kidding aside, I would love to attend, and still may on short notice, as this is one of my favorite rides of the year, Great Roads (although very flat, straight , and boring), and great people to meet and get to know...just an awesome time really.
But I may be in the midst of selling our house about that time frame and may need to be there to meet with prospective buyers, etc...I don't know, haven't sold a home in more than 20 years..

...Or I may already have started a job in SC....so all things are up in the air for me.

In any event, if this whole transition thing wasn't happening, I would be there...

ABSOLUTELY!<Sylvester Stallone voice>
I feel for you buddy. Going into Witness Protection can be really tough....especially this time of year.
not_i.gif
Hey, don't worry bouts me. I knows a guy who knows a guy...if yous guys knows wad I mean...

We (ZOOOMM AGAIN and I) just made reservations. We are planning on leaving Wed. and taking back roads to get there.See you all on Thursday evening :)
Very cool Iris! Shall I bring the half & half or are you bringing the half & half? lol! Seriously... It'll be awesome to see you guys. It's been ages since I've seen you. I think the last time was when I came up to NY for Cats & Daks.
Very, very cool!

We'll have company on Thurs nite then! Most are coming in on Fri. but myself, steamer and wine guy figured we needed a thursday ride-in.

So kick-off party is Thurs nite!
smile.png
Hmmm, so if I was to ride down Thursday, I could perhaps tag along with you three reprobates?
You're in Mike
smile.png

Actually Wine Guy (another Mike) is coming down from Niagara Falls CN... he's gotta be on 'your way' down.

Tentative plans; we are meeting him at the Texas' Hot Diner 24-40 Field St. Kane, PA.... 10-11am for Breakfast. Googlemap it and see if this works for you too?

-KJ
Hey Mike. I'll be rolling by your hood around 8am or so depending on the border. It would be great to link up and ride into the Texas Hot Diner to meet KJ and Steamer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, so if I was to ride down Thursday, I could perhaps tag along with you three reprobates?
You're in Mike
smile.png

Actually Wine Guy (another Mike) is coming down from Niagara Falls CN... he's gotta be on 'your way' down.

Tentative plans; we are meeting him at the Texas' Hot Diner 24-40 Field St. Kane, PA.... 10-11am for Breakfast. Googlemap it and see if this works for you too?

-KJ
Hey Mike. I'll be rolling by your hood around 8am or so depending on the border. It would be great to link up and ride into the Texas Hot Diner to meet KJ and Steamer.
I have been thinking about doing this one for a while now, and this is further incentive...If I can get time off and the wife gives me a kitchen pass, I'll be there. Mike, we can certainly meet up and head for the diner!

Hey boys and girls.

I'll admit right up front that I haven't been keepin' up on your whole chatter, but this sounds like a ride I'd very much like to do next spring. Wheatie was kind enough to send me some SE OH routes for one trip south a few years back (I think it was to NAFO in Knoxville) and they are some very nice ride-able (boring) roads. With the little I have digested from this thread so far it sounds like this thing is gonna be a hum-dinger of a hoopty this year.

Think I'll see if I can sneak off and go stag this time (normally ride w/ the missus) just so's I'll have a fightin' chance of keepin' up with you hot shoes.

I'll go back and wade through the rest of the tripe details, but this'll at least get me subscribed and hope'fully I'll see y'all there. Would really like to see a few of you ole coots again, and don't look like I'll be able to be doing any other big FJR group things this year.

I gotta call bullshit here.

No WAY does Bungie have THREE friends.

Just sayin'...

KJ - so Stanley got hisself an FJR, eh? How can he hold it up with those short lil' legs of his?

Mental note: search Amazon for a couple of remote-control ducks for the Ramble.

Hey boys and girls.
I'll admit right up front that I haven't been keepin' up on your whole chatter, but this sounds like a ride I'd very much like to do next spring. Wheatie was kind enough to send me some SE OH routes for one trip south a few years back (I think it was to NAFO in Knoxville) and they are some very nice ride-able (boring) roads. With the little I have digested from this thread so far it sounds like this thing is gonna be a hum-dinger of a hoopty this year.

Think I'll see if I can sneak off and go stag this time (normally ride w/ the missus) just so's I'll have a fightin' chance of keepin' up with you hot shoes.

I'll go back and wade through the rest of the tripe details, but this'll at least get me subscribed and hope'fully I'll see y'all there. Would really like to see a few of you ole coots again, and don't look like I'll be able to be doing any other big FJR group things this year.
Fred, you better bring Josie. She keeps you in-line and outta trouble, otherwise you will become one of us misfits ;)

And no CFR on the Rock? No NAFO or EOM? Nuttin? Say it isn't so!?

KJ - so Stanley got hisself an FJR, eh? How can he hold it up with those short lil' legs of his?Mental note: search Amazon for a couple of remote-control ducks for the Ramble.
I will tell him you said "he's not worthy of an FJR cuz his middle leg is just too darn short!" -Andy da'Geeker (aka the FaceBook Food Critique).

R/C Ducks? HS, you'll scare the 'qwacker' off the boy... Wait till he's drunk, I wanna see him whet dem pants like a 2yr old!

I gotta call bullshit here.
No WAY does Bungie have THREE friends.

Just sayin'...

KJ - so Stanley got hisself an FJR, eh? How can he hold it up with those short lil' legs of his?

Mental note: search Amazon for a couple of remote-control ducks for the Ramble.
He will never live that one down!!

Hey boys and girls.

Hope to see you there, Fred...I'll bring a cigar for ya.

With good reason. That was about the funniest thing I have ever witnessed.

Quack.jpg

Did someone mention cigars? Oh hell, yes!!

It's been so friggen cold out here I haven't had a good smoke in 2 months!

Did someone mention cigars? Oh hell, yes!! It's been so friggen cold out here I haven't had a good smoke in 2 months!
I got a part time job at my local cigar shop...so they pay me to smoke cigars on Tuesdays & Thursdays.

I talked to the boss at Moto Series and he said that it will be a struggle without me carrying all the water, but they should be OK, so I guess I'm in. Oh, and "Lapped Traffic" will be there too.

That would be me brother.

[img=[URL="https://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad4/FJWinNH/Ride%20Pics/2013%20CFR%20Huntsville%20Ontario%20Can-ah-dah/Quack.jpg%5D"]https://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad4/FJWinNH/Ride%20Pics/2013%20CFR%20Huntsville%20Ontario%20Can-ah-dah/Quack.jpg][/URL]

He asked me New Years if I thought 'the boys' had forgot all about that duck crap. I said... Probably!

Guess not ;)

[img=[URL="https://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad4/FJWinNH/Ride%20Pics/2013%20CFR%20Huntsville%20Ontario%20Can-ah-dah/Quack.jpg%5D"]https://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad4/FJWinNH/Ride%20Pics/2013%20CFR%20Huntsville%20Ontario%20Can-ah-dah/Quack.jpg][/URL]

He asked me New Years if I thought 'the boys' had forgot all about that duck crap. I said... Probably!Guess not
wink.png
Yep, it's completely slipped our minds. nudge-nudge-wink-wink

Well, sorry to hear that you didn't make the minimum qualifying speed - see you in Marietta!

I talked to the boss at Moto Series and he said that it will be a struggle without me carrying all the water, but they should be OK, so I guess I'm in. Oh, and "Lapped Traffic" will be there too.

That would be me brother.

Otay...

The promises of great cigars and boring, non-pot-holed, OH roads was just too much for me to resist. Especially this freaking ridiculous winter!!

Ressies made in Marietta (they still have availability at the Microtel) for Thurs - Sat nights.

Tentative plans to tag along with Iris and Jim for a couple days of riding the NY and PA backroads on the way down.

See y'all there! (I know, I know. That's only unless you see me first.)

Is it May yet?
hyper.gif

(still haven't made my way through this entire thread yet)

Oh I know, Joe...

I had the pleasure of riding a few of those relaxing, cruiser roads on the way to NAFO in Knoxville a couple years back. Wheatie clued me in to some of the numbers to hit along the river.

I should probably mount up one of those Car Tires so I don't wear out the middle on the rear, huh?
rolleyes.gif

Otay...
The promises of great cigars and boring, non-pot-holed, OH roads was just too much for me to resist. Especially this freaking ridiculous winter!!

Ressies made in Marietta (they still have availability at the Microtel) for Thurs - Sat nights.

Tentative plans to tag along with Iris and Jim for a couple days of riding the NY and PA backroads on the way down.

See y'all there! (I know, I know. That's only unless you see me first.)

Is it May yet?
hyper.gif

(still haven't made my way through this entire thread yet)
Glad to have you on board Fred! :)

Flat, Straight, Boring...
Joe, you just had to make us ice turds that much more depressed! :(